Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
What are your thoughts on Oak Island. Do you think that there is something there, more importantly what, who brought it there, why, or do you think that there is nothing hidden at Oak Island at all. Do you think that there is anything in the money pit, or is it located somewhere else (such as the swamp as mentioned on the TV show)
This thread is mainly about the island itself, but feel free to talk about your thoughts on the TV show, such as is it worth trying the swamp, also what do you think about the "evidence" they found (such as the coin, the coconut fibers, or the bones

shaft.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story and I would love to detect there. I just started researching Oak island and have not come up with my own opinion as to 'who' or 'what'. As for the show it moves a touch slow for my taste. I will see what season two brings. Still excited to see what happens.

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you'll find the answers to your questions in the 40 or so other posts on the same subject:
Oak Island

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a hole in the ground that is entertaining millions of viewers....a true money pit. Today we have technology that can see and pickup a dime two miles deep on the ocean floor....not a single sign or trace of treasure at Oak Island after all these years. It all just seems a bit odd to me.

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you'll find the answers to your questions in the 40 or so other posts on the same subject:
Oak Island

There is no proven answer to any of my questions, I just want to see what peoples thoughts and opinions are on the matter. I checked the the link given, very interesting posts

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That was an interesting version of Oak Island. It has possibilities and the most complete version I have heard. Possibly the swamp is all that remains of the treasure cave! I am still open on this one. Frank five star.png

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
As with anything else, fact check the stories before putting too much stock in them. There are a lot of inaccuracies and misconceptions associated with this legend.

Putting forth theories to explain the origins of a treasure that hasn't actually been found, in whole or in part, may be premature.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I sort of liked the post some guy did that talked about the whole thing being a way to dry dock ships and repair them back in the day. Made sense to me:dontknow:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe there was something there at one time, but whether or not it is still there is anyone's guess.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to me they would have already used the wealth they may or may not have stashed there.
If they were as smart as they say, it's not too big of a leap to think they may have wanted to confuse everybody by coming up with hoax to put everyone off from finding anything of value.
If there is any real value there then the "controllers of the world" would be all over it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there was a treasure hidden on Oak Island but I don't think it's there now. There maybe other smaller caches still there. With the technology of today I think it would be found if still there. Interesting story though.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been watching the rerun of the first season all day... I remember reading about the place when I was a kid in some magazine and being fascinated by the story. Whether or not anything is there, I have no idea, but I really do want there to be something. I guess since I don't have a giant hole in the ground to throw money into, I'll keep watching these guys do it and hope they actually find something.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I give it 90% it's a natural glacial sink-hole. 10% something was buried there or mined from there. 0% it has anything to do with Solomon, the Holy Grail, Arc of the Covenant, Elvis' Cadillac or the Templars.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught the last 15 min of the show last night.

IMO Likely nothing there, curious what the "most Valuable Thing ever found on Oak Island " is.

Only Time will tell .

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a hole in the ground that is entertaining millions of viewers....a true money pit. Today we have technology that can see and pickup a dime two miles deep on the ocean floor....not a single sign or trace of treasure at Oak Island after all these years. It all just seems a bit odd to me.

I actually watch the show, just because there isnt much going on with TVs shows these days....But I think they will find a Squatch before they find the money pit

OP
OP
coinman123

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I give it 90% it's a natural glacial sink-hole. 10% something was buried there or mined from there. 0% it has anything to do with Solomon, the Holy Grail, Arc of the Covenant, Elvis' Cadillac or the Templars.

Your saying that Elvis's Cadillac is NOT in the money pit, the media LIED to me, how could they!?

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a true money pit, all the investors may as well just go to the hole and throw their checkbooks in. Im going to laugh my butt off if their 20ft long high tone signal turns out to be rusty iron.....I like the other show, America Unearthed, with the forensic geologist, seems to have more of my interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread