Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just an interested bystander. The bottom line for me is "There sure is a lot of stuff deep underground there for some reason." I too read about this in the 1965 Reader's digest when I was very young, and I have 'digested' much information in the years since. I'm 50-50 on whether it's all fact or fiction. I hope there is an answer soon as I would be disappointed to think it is all an unfounded fairytale. I sure hope it isn't a scary genie. Who ya gonna call??

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not figure out how the rock drill swags that Gary found could have been so close to the surface being how old they were said to be.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would the depth of an object found be curious? Everyone that metal detects knows it depends on the soil and terrain. Something of a larger mass does not sink during the freezing and melting effects of soil as does a coin. Also it depends on the soil content and the sub-surface. I have seen rings lost or thrown away in soft soil sink as much as 10 inches in a matter of 30 years. They keep going down until they hit rock or hardened soil. But most likely you are hinting at the objects being placed there to dig up. My answer to that is the people that film a movie can not keep a camera on Gary at all times. It would cost too much to film. Whether he finds the objects live or on camera or they cover it over and wait to film is not the question that should be asked? As we know Gary did find the items and in the area where they were found.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You should consider the post to which my response was directed, there is a difference between stating something as fact and postulating a theory or idea, in this case specifically, as a Freemason, I have enough first hand knowledge to comment on the subject.

Did you then look up as Robot requested?

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In keeping with the subject of this thread, I posit that Vincent de Paul (incognito) visited Oak Island in the employ of Francois Grave Du Pont while sailing with Samuel Champlain.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In keeping with the subject of this thread, I posit that Vincent de Paul (incognito) visited Oak Island in the employ of Francois Grave Du Pont while sailing with Samuel Champlain.

Cheers, Loki

In the poem 'le Serpent Rouge' supposedly containing clues to the location of the Holy Grail and written by Jean Cocteau (signed by him) St Vincent is mentioned. A very young Vincent de Paul was allegedly kidnapped by pirates and held for two years during the same time period as Samuel Champlain's exploration of the Coast of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Very few accept the story of the priests kidnapping but it is known that upon resurfacing his first audience was not with his family but with the Pope.

It is a known that Champlain carried aboard two priests, a Catholic and a Protestant. Off the Coast of the peninsula separating St. Mary's Bay from the Bay of Fundy, the Catholic Priest had gone ashore and when returning to the ship had forgotten his sword. When he went back to retrieve it he became lost and was missing for over two weeks when by chance Champlain, sailing by, saw him on the shore stopped and picked him up.

He was on the very narrow one to two miles wide strip of land separating St. Mary's Bay from the Bay of Fundy, a place I have ventured down from Digby to the very end. I find it difficult to believe that anybody could get seriously lost here. And if he was why would his shipmates give up on him seemingly sailing by accidentally some two weeks later.

On this same voyage Samuel Champlain kept complete logs detailing the location of every bay, island, large rock, and animals he sailed by, but made no mention of Mahone Bay, completely ignoring it while naming the Bay just to the North after his Mother.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It was one page ago! My point was, you called Robot's post 'more BS' but never checked it out, in other words, didn't look up, so how do you know its BS?

Cheers, Loki
I went back five pages and found nothing to which you are referring, just what is it exactly I was supposed to look up?
looks like your just vying for attention by stirring up BS.
which is what I have come to expect from your post.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went back five pages and found nothing to which you are referring, just what is it exactly I was supposed to look up?
looks like your just vying for attention by stirring up BS.
which is what I have come to expect from your post.

Nope, and I apologize, just forget it, maybe we can move on and I will try to be more user friendly.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the poem 'le Serpent Rouge' supposedly containing clues to the location of the Holy Grail and written by Jean Cocteau (signed by him) St Vincent is mentioned. A very young Vincent de Paul was allegedly kidnapped by pirates and held for two years during the same time period as Samuel Champlain's exploration of the Coast of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Very few accept the story of the priests kidnapping but it is known that upon resurfacing his first audience was not with his family but with the Pope.

It is a known that Champlain carried aboard two priests, a Catholic and a Protestant. Off the Coast of the peninsula separating St. Mary's Bay from the Bay of Fundy, the Catholic Priest had gone ashore and when returning to the ship had forgotten his sword. When he went back to retrieve it he became lost and was missing for over two weeks when by chance Champlain, sailing by, saw him on the shore stopped and picked him up.

He was on the very narrow one to two miles wide strip of land separating St. Mary's Bay from the Bay of Fundy, a place I have ventured down from Digby to the very end. I find it difficult to believe that anybody could get seriously lost here. And if he was why would his shipmates give up on him seemingly sailing by accidentally some two weeks later.

On this same voyage Samuel Champlain kept complete logs detailing the location of every bay, island, large rock, and animals he sailed by, but made no mention of Mahone Bay, completely ignoring it while naming the Bay just to the North after his Mother.

Cheers, Loki

The point of my previous post is that the timing of Father (Later St.) Vincent de Paul's two year disappearance is consistent with the dating of Samuel Champlain's exploration of the Nova Scotian Coast. Would it have been possible for the young Priest to have faked his alleged kidnapping and to have signed onto Du Pont's crew under an assumed name?
Jean Cocteau, certainly invoked Vincent's name for some reason, and anybody who questions Cocteau's motives should take a moment to review the thoughts on his Mural "Crucifixion" at the 'Church of Notre Dame de France' in London.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You say that Champlain's Priest disappeared for two years and that there was a tale about the Holy Grail that was made to be used to clue someone to that same event?

Strange I have the carvings that show the Grail and the Ark in detail along the shores of the lake named for him here.

I am sure that these stories are used to guide one through this story from carving to carving, with detailed maps left in each.

Cool to hear you are finding more references to the New France voyage, so I am posting the pics of the Grail and the Ark for everyone, since there are so many people looking for the Spear of Destiny now....lol

0809161014.jpg

0809161040a.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last photo has a huge streak on it on the right side showing a mark that was made in the mtns on the cliff so you know you are close by

0925151628.jpg

You know you are close when you see the Black Cat at the base of this part of the cliff ..... gets spooky from here ....

0925151628b.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The point of my previous post is that the timing of Father (Later St.) Vincent de Paul's two year disappearance is consistent with the dating of Samuel Champlain's exploration of the Nova Scotian Coast. Would it have been possible for the young Priest to have faked his alleged kidnapping and to have signed onto Du Pont's crew under an assumed name?
Jean Cocteau, certainly invoked Vincent's name for some reason, and anybody who questions Cocteau's motives should take a moment to review the thoughts on his Mural "Crucifixion" at the 'Church of Notre Dame de France' in London.

Cheers, Loki

It is also well known that the future canonized Catholic Saint Vincent de Paul spent his later life finding and destroying any information about his missing two years. De Paul went on to become a valued member of the secret society the "Compagnie du Saint-Sacrament" (a secret organization connected to the Holy Grail by the authors of HBHG) and was later involved with financing missions to Canada.
If any of this is connected to the two weeks he was lost on the Digby Neck one would have to wonder what he was exactly looking for. It was after this voyage in 1605 that clues began to appear to the actual location of the Grail such as Poussins "Arcadia".

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does Poussins "Arcadia" have clues that appear to the actual location of the Grail? The Ark did not even come over at that time so I guess the "Grail" had not either?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread