Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good day to you.

I believe you didn't look up what happened to the Templars after the arrests of 1307 through 1309, at least not in any reliable historical source. The Chinon Parchment which you allude to that absolved the Order's members in 1308 never saw the light of day at the time, they were imprisoned, executed and tortured in France and England for many years. In England many were imprisoned for up to 5 years and suffered many deaths from starvation and torture. You should read Addison's account of the English events.

Some did escape to Portugal, but certainly not very many, they had no idea at the time that there would be a new order established.

Oh, and yes the Muslims did have a Caravel type vessel well before 1307, if you can't find its because you don't want to. you are using the Russell Crowe version of Robin Hood as a source? Remember Robin Hood took place in the time of Richard the Lionheart!

To write that there was not a capable vessel to sail the Atlantic in the Mediterranean during the early 14th century is ridiculous.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never said "incapable", I said "not suitable", and "unlikely". I pointed out also that it was "possible" to cross the Atlantic in a bathtub. If one found a bathtub on the shores of Oak Island, would that "PROVE" someone crossed over in that tub?

Caravels were developed by the Portuguese in the 15th Century. They were distinctive by having more than 2 masts. Other countries copied/modified the design afterwards. Columbus' La Nina and La Pinta were Spanish built caravels, built in the mid-1400's. Arab dhows and jalbuts were copied from Indan ships used in the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea...also in the 15th Century. They were strictly coastal vessels, rarely going out of sight of land. The biggest limitation of medieval sailing ships is that they lacked sufficient space for provisions beyond 2-3 weeks at sea, at most. Even stopping at the Azores for provisions, the next land west of there would be the Bahamas, or Caribbean 3000+ miles (6-8 weeks) away. Travelling north, against the Atlantic current, by way of Scotland, Orkneys, Faroes, Iceland and Greenland and on to Nova Scotia would have passed many inhabited lands, ...of which NONE have recorded as ever seeing a "fleet" of ships visiting or passing by. They would have had the advantage at being able to stop on land more frequently and trade/forage for provisions, but by sailing west AGAINST the Atlantic current, would have taken much longer

The "Robin Hood" film reference was given simply to give a visualization of the appearance of the Nava, a ship in use since the 10th Century. Richard I may have even travelled on one at some point to/from the First Crusade...as did the Spanish during the 80 Years war (and the Armada) in the 16th Century.

The Chinon Parchment is an ACTUAL, REAL document, which can be viewed either at the Vatican Archives...or as a scanned PDF document online. The fabricated story written by Ms. Muir, which is CLAIMED to have been based on a "translation of a translation" of the journal of Henry Sinclair, which Ms. Muir admits she destroyed...likely to reveal the fact that it, as well as her story, is complete fantasy. The Chinon Parchment was not "kept under wraps", and DID "see the light of day", as its existence, and discussions of its contents are mentioned and/or described in various documents of correspondence between Clement V and the Court of Phillip IV, various bishops, and its content was known to Edward II of England, and even Robert the Bruce (who was NOT a Templar Knight, BTW).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it Bizarre that a famous Medium may have known what many on this Thread "Believe"?

Anna Eva Fay Pingree (March 31, 1851 — May 20, 1927) was a famous medium and stage mentalist of the twentieth century.

Anna_Eva_Fay (1).jpg

https://www.halifaxtoday.ca/remembe...pernatural-skills-to-halifax-6-photos-2447675

In 1895 her Maritime show was at the Marine Hall in Yarmouth, N.S.... where she was asked if Captain Kidd’s treasure was buried at Oak Island.
She replied, “No, there was no treasure there. The treasure was buried at Campobello and several articles have already been recovered but the matter is being kept very secret.”

British naval officer John James Robinson became owner of Campobello Island in 1857. In 1881 it was sold to a group of American businessmen, including James Roosevelt.

Campobello-Island-Bay-of-Fundy-New-Brunswick1.jpg

James Roosevelt I (July 16, 1828 — December 8, 1900), known as "Squire James",was an American businessman, politician, horse breeder, and the father of Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd president of the United States.

Franklin D. Roosevelt participated
in the search for Treasure on Oak Island most of his life.

Franklin D Roosevelt and Oak Island.jpg

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...t_1909_to_1976_compiled_by_les_m_nov_2014.pdf

"Maybe the Truth"... is...The Crew from Oak Island are looking for Capt'n Kidd's Treasure...on the Wrong...Island!

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, what a long thread. I read this thing years ago. Glad to see it's still alive.

Oak Island. what can you say??
Many a fortune has been spent and a life or two lost chasing that treasure. I believe the only gold ever found was a bit of gold chain down a few levels.
Haven't really looked into it lately for any current updates.
I'll put that on my list.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks Like Production of Season 8... The Curse of Oak Island...Has Begun!

the-curse-of-oak-island-featured-show-image-AB.jpeg
“The Curse of Oak Island” season 8 is coming up next and the good news is that on-going works were spotted on Nova Scotia’s famous island. The show has not been officially renewed yet by History but all signs point to the fact that renewal will be announced at any moment now.
The activities on the Oak Island is already a telling sign that fans will still see the show through season 8"

https://www.econotimes.com/The-Curs...nd-Work-progress-of-the-team-revealed-1590596

The Curse of Oak Island - Season 8.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1859073
“The Curse of Oak Island” season 8 is coming up next and the good news is that on-going works were spotted on Nova Scotia’s famous island. The show has not been officially renewed yet by History but all signs point to the fact that renewal will be announced at any moment now.
The activities on the Oak Island is already a telling sign that fans will still see the show through season 8"

https://www.econotimes.com/The-Curs...nd-Work-progress-of-the-team-revealed-1590596

View attachment 1859072

They will find no treasure in the Swamp. A ship was in the Swamp in 1398 but the treasure was not buried in the Swamp. The treasure or what is left of the treasures is buried on the West End of Oak Island.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm dam sick of that show. Not watching anymore. What a waste. (imhop lol)

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
They will find no treasure in the Swamp.
A ship was in the Swamp in 1398 but the treasure was not buried in the Swamp.
The treasure or what is left of the treasures is buried on the West End of Oak Island.
...but you once stated that the Pilgrims and then the Founding Fathers removed all the Templar from Oak Island and brought it to the future USA.
I agree that they will not find a treasure in the Swamp because there never was a treasure there to be found. There exists no real documented account of any treasure on Oak Island beyond speculative lore and created legend.
*NOTE* There is NO 14th century contemporary documentation that collaborates that any ship was ever buried or abandoned in that swamp, but there is concerning a 18th century colonial log corduroy road.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your *NOTE* You may not have documented proof but I do.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may have documented claims. Or your version of interpretations of coded messages. But that is still not proof.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have documented claims. Or your version of interpretations of coded messages. But that is still not proof.

Proof has a way of working slowing to the top. Proof will get there give it time.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In your *NOTE* You may not have documented proof but I do.
If it is from Diana Jean Muir's discovered Prince Henry Sinclair Templar journals, that pseudohistory fabrication NOT proof.
There is real established documented history that proves that Henry Sinclair was not a prince, Templar, and during the tome of his alleged voyage was defending the Scottish border, honoring his Oath of Fealty.
...but if you have "documented proof" that doesn't originate from Muir or from another purveyor of pulp pseudohistory, please by all means bring it forth.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Proof has a way of working slowing to the top. Proof will get there give it time.
Since the 700+ years after 1398, proof has had all the time to work slowly to the top if such proof of a Sinclair voyage actually happened outside of the imagination of one of Sinclair's Victorian descendants.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like 622 years, give me the other 78 years, I will prove it to you.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
More like 622 years, give me the other 78 years, I will prove it to you.
So, at the present, are you stating that you lack having real proof of this Sinclair voyage beyond Muir's reworked Zeno narrative she creatively turned into Sinclair's "lost" journals?
It is hard to prove he was on Oak Island when contemporary documents have him in Scotland at the time of this fantasy voyage.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, at the present, are you stating that you lack having real proof of this Sinclair voyage beyond Muir's reworked Zeno narrative she creatively turned into Sinclair's "lost" journals?
It is hard to prove he was on Oak Island when contemporary documents have him in Scotland at the time of this fantasy voyage.

No Henry Sinclair was not in Scotland at that time. His son was running his affairs.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No Henry Sinclair was not in Scotland at that time. His son was running his affairs.

The contemporary DIPLOMA OF THOMAS, BISHOP OF ORKNEY AND ZETLAND clearly states on page 81 that "Henry Sinclair, Earl of the Orkneys, fighting at the Borders anno 1398".
The SINCLAIR DIPLOMA written by Henry's grandson states" ...he retirit to the parts of Orchadie and josit them to the latter tyme of his life, and deit erile of Orchadie, and for defence of the country was slain there cruelle by his enemies"
This is dated at the end of 1400/beginning of1401.
There is NO mention of a voyage to Oak Island/Nova Scotia or the New World in the SINCLAIR DIPLOMA, none.
If this happened, the Sinclair and Bishop Thomas of Orkney would have included this voyage in their works.

Then there is this quote from ORKNEY Historian, Brian Smith:" Henry Sinclair, an Earl of Orkney of the late 14th century, didn't go to America. It wasn't until 500 years after Henry's death that anybody suggested that he did"
-NEW ORKNEY ANTIQUARIAN JOURNAL, Vol 2, 2002

Two contemporary accounts, one from his grandson, never mention this voyage, and a current professional Orkney historian states it never happened.
So, once again, Franklin, if you have real hard evidence in support of your claims concerning what all professional historians and academics consider as fabricated pseudohistory pulp author fantasy fiction, present it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread