Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... All we have is stories that have been handed down over the years and I'm sure parts of them are true and parts have been exaggerated over the years..
...and fantasy embellishments by Muir, Halpern, Wolter, that CURSED TV show and myriad quasi historians that churn out pulp pseudo history books profiting from the gullible that "want to believe".
It has NEVER been solidly established IF a treasure was ever on Oak Island, or IF it was ever visited by anyone or group that considered Oak Island as a suitable site for hidden concealment of treasure from whomever and for whatever reason with the obvious intention of retrieving alleged treasure at a future date.
Finding a hole in the ground and assuming that it must contain treasure is just that, ASSUMPTION.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone did come to the island to bury a treasure I don't think they would have written a book about it. There would only be a choice few people that knew of the exact location. Even if there were a bought load of people that were there they would have no idea what they were burying or where they were actually at. Not many people back then knew how to navigate and even most of them would have had a hard time trying to follow someone else's coordinates back to the same island.. Ya'll nay'sayers keep wanting proof there was ever a treasure buried to start with and that can't happen if it has already been found.. Do you believe that to be a true statement?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya'll nay'sayers keep wanting proof there was ever a treasure buried to start with and that can't happen if it has already been found.. Do you believe that to be a true statement?

I'm good with that. Though there is no evidence to support or refute it. But the same can be said for any island, acre of farmland or office building. So why Oak Island?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My "Theory" has the 18th Century Freemasons burying all the "Treasures" entrusted to them over Centuries: Shakespeare's manuscripts, Francis Bacon's written knowledge, Historical documents, Knights Templar treasures, and the gold, silver, and jewels from the sacking of Havana.
The question still stands-With all the islands in the north and south Atlantic, WHY Oak Island?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there was any treasure ever buried back 300-400 years ago or more the islands probably didn't have official names yet. They would have sailed past some islands before just picking one out. Granted we think because it is close to mainland that would not be a good choice but in their time it might would have made perfect sense to them atleast... I don't think they would have set sail from where ever with "Oak Island" already picked out in their head as the spot. No way they could have really...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stronger name = stronger island.

One must take the logical road when approached with such a question.

:P

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You know... "Them"... :P

It is always the "they" and "them" that leads to endless speculation could it have been Captain Kidd or some other pirate or maybe Templars, or even Henry Sinclair who never left Scotland, or possibly Freemasons in the 18th century shortly after being formed to hide their vast accumulated treasure, which always leads to describing the contents of the treasure and then back to "they"" and them".

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the fiction writers will need to reassess due to the billy the kid implications regarding oak island. I have yet to see a history channel show based on this aspect yet....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea who buried treasure on the island IF there ever was any.. I just find it ironic that the nay sayers claim to not believe in anything that has ever happened on OI for the most part but they sure do pay attention to everything that is and or has been said/written about it... If you whole heartedly do not believe in any of this why do they hang around and keep up with what is happening on here or the show and Readers Digest, all the different books and theories etc etc... DO I think it is possible that someone did bury some sort of treasure? Yes I do.. Is it still there? I don't know.. Could it have already been found? YES, by any number of people who would have reason to not have gone running thru the streets yelling and screaming about... It's also ironic that most of you nay sayers claim everything you say to be 100% the truth with no way to back it up but say that everything that has been written or passed down from generation about OI is a LIE....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"LIE" sounds so accusatory. Stick with myth or legend. Mistaken assumption is also pretty diplomatic.

All it will take to convince most of us "nay sayers" is a report of something valuable being found on/under Oak Island.

I just wonder what fuels the "yea sayers" who think there is treasure there supplied by unknown folks who had something so treasured but unneeded that they would dig excessively deep just to dump it indefinately on some little Canadian island. Where does that idea come from?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets remember that the Money Pit doesn't have to be where a treasure was buried.. IF and it's a big IF Samual Ball did find gold coins on the island it most likely was not in the Money Pit... and No I cannot show any proof of that...but it would still count as someone finding treasure in the island... Maybe he was the reason for the cave in pit area. Maybe he got lucky and found the up shoot off the MP and found the treasure as some believe is how the MP works... Maybe the MP isn't as deep as everyone is saying and that ya'll nay sayers are correct on the 90 stone being a ploy for investor money. Doesn't mean everything on the island was that way...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps he did find coins on Oak Island. He lived in Chester (perhaps he found them there?) He also owned Hook Island in Malone Bay (now THERE is a pirate treasure sounding island). But that's private and you can't dig there . . . so lets ignore it like most do.

I have no problem believing instead that he came from VERY humble roots, but turned his Revolutionary War land warrant (He served under General Clinton in NY) into good farmland and, through hard work over 20 years, when he moved to Chester, Nova Scotia - was already a successful farmer and businessman. Why is it so hard to believe his "fortune" was earned rather than found? Jealous locals?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's all possible as is him finding some of it. That's just it no one can say for sure at this point, so both the Nay sayers and the Believers have to own up to that... That's all I'm getting at with my posts.. Sure I don't know but the nay sayers don't know either yet most talk as if they do. The main thing the nay sayers can say that is 100% true is that have not "seen" anyone actually find treasure...That doesn't mean it hasn't happened!!!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets remember that the Money Pit doesn't have to be where a treasure was buried.. IF and it's a big IF Samual Ball did find gold coins on the island it most likely was not in the Money Pit... and No I cannot show any proof of that...but it would still count as someone finding treasure in the island... Maybe he was the reason for the cave in pit area. Maybe he got lucky and found the up shoot off the MP and found the treasure as some believe is how the MP works... Maybe the MP isn't as deep as everyone is saying and that ya'll nay sayers are correct on the 90 stone being a ploy for investor money. Doesn't mean everything on the island was that way...

To be factual, a "MONEY PIT" has never been found as well as any evidence of a "MONEY PIT", with the island being dug to several hundred feet in various locations.

Only "STORIES" exist about a "MONEY PIT".....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and what were the original 3 guys digging?? yes a hole, which at some point down the road was named The Money Pit. That does not mean in any way that it has to have or had a treasure in it... Regardless if anyone in the 1900's up to current has found "it" it was there as the boys dug it... Did they find treasure in it or anyone else, who knows...

Your post is exactly what I have been saying about most of ya'll nay sayers the past 2 days...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea who buried treasure on the island IF there ever was any.. I just find it ironic that the nay sayers claim to not believe in anything that has ever happened on OI for the most part but they sure do pay attention to everything that is and or has been said/written about it...
DO I think it is possible that someone did bury some sort of treasure? Yes I do.. Is it still there? I don't know..
Could it have already been found? YES, by any number of people who would have reason to not have gone running thru the streets yelling and screaming about...
What you label as "naysayers" are those who cite actual history of those alleged to have buried treasure on Oak Island- Kidd, Templars, Sinclair, Freemasons- based on absolutely NO facts whatsoever, as well as the claims that the Pilgrims retrieved it in 1620 or the Founding Fathers to finance the Revolution.
If saying "nay" to undocumented alternative fictional pseudo history rubbish makes one a "naysayer", then the entire professional academic historical and archaeological communities are "naysayers".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread