Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... There were tens of thousands even hundreds of thousands Europeans and other people of other nations as well on this continent 800 years before Sinclair and the Knights Templars...
Then you should submit a paper to a professional historical society or history department of a major credited university for review, verification, and certification.
Include a list of your credentials with degrees, awards, etc.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are only two topics about OI which I have debated on this forum, the idea that Henry Sinclair came to America, and the carbon dating of an unknown substance which believers choose to call coconut fibre.
everything else I have left alone.
these two topics are enough to prove or disprove most of the wild theories which abound here and they are basically provable or disprovable, without any need for wild thinking or any “expanded” mental vision quest.
you provide some real proof on these two topics, then you are getting somewhere with your theories, until then, they are deal breakers as far many of us are concerned.

if one of two things are your only concerns you'd know that the coconut fibers have been carbon dated and tested over and over again over the years. They are real and old. Does that mean there is a treasure on OI, No. That part of your concerns with OI are now resolved and should have been years ago...Are you saying that if some how some one can prove to you that Sinclair came to OI you'd believe there is a treasure there or was. Is he your only concern with there ever being a treasure on OI.. Whether he did or did not step foot there he is but one of many people who could have placed it there assuming there ever was one there to begin with..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you should submit a paper to a professional historical society or history department of a major credited university for review, verification, and certification.
Include a list of your credentials with degrees, awards, etc.

Good luck with that ECS. None of these typical suspects ever produce evidence of anything they claim.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have gathered more research that dates hundreds of years before Sir Henry Sinclair made his three trips to this continent. There were tens of thousands even hundreds of thousands Europeans and other people of other nations as well on this continent 800 years before Sinclair and the Knights Templars. I have proof. But as I said this is a forum for discussing ideas not a court of law where we have to lay the evidence out for everyone. That is left up to you to find out for yourself. But instead of checking out the information you would rather say you are right and we are wrong. Sorry but it does not work that way. And it never will. I have some of the physical evidence myself I found in Kentucky and in Tennessee. Both predate Christopher Columbus.

Total fiction.....need to start a new fictional show, “Tens of thousands of European visitors land on then leave North America 800 years before Columbus: Believe It Or Not”.

The show will detail that they left because they figured out the money pit was a hoax....but only after leaving picks and axe heads Bobby dazzlers for gawry to find....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
if one of two things are your only concerns you'd know that the coconut fibers have been carbon dated and tested over and over again over the years. They are real and old. Does that mean there is a treasure on OI, No. That part of your concerns with OI are now resolved and should have been years ago...Are you saying that if some how some one can prove to you that Sinclair came to OI you'd believe there is a treasure there or was. Is he your only concern with there ever being a treasure on OI.. Whether he did or did not step foot there he is but one of many people who could have placed it there assuming there ever was one there to begin with..
Your fixation with treasure blinds you to the truth, as for the alleged coconut fibers, the debate is not directly about the dating, it is about the identity of those fibers, if.........IF they are actually coconut fibers, then there may be something to the theory, HOWEVER........they have NEVER been positively identified as coconut fibers.
this is where the theory derails, because if they are in actuality, eel grass, the carbon dating is not valid because each organism uptakes CO2 at a different rate. This has all been hashed over many many times, but the fact remains that without an absolute identification of the material, it cannot be dated accurately using C14 analysis.
I am probably one of the few people on this forum besides Charlie NY that knows anything about C14 dating, I calibrate the instruments used in the analysis.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL......so your “research” is via google searches? Nothing there provided evidence that 10’s of thousands of Europeans visited North America long before Columbus.

Is there another site that showcases your claim that you have found treasures but can’t retrieve them because they are buried in Arlington National Cemetery?

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I do not believe credentials, degrees or awards proves a person's intelligence? ...
What they prove in the academic community are years dedicated to one's field if study and acceptance by their peers for their work and published papers in that field of study, and most likely do prove one's intelligence in one field of study.
As you mentioned, because a mathematician is unable to perform as a carpenter with a saw, or a carpenter as a mathematician, it it does not prove one's intelligence, just in what they were educated to do.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A "money pit" never existed.......Fact is that many hoaxers over the years dug holes and told fictional, fairy tale like stories to fleece folks out of money...

Aye, there's the rub...the fact exist that there is/was indeed, a "pit", or hole in the ground, in which hundreds of people have dumped MILLIONS of dollars into.
Just as a "fixer-upper" house can become a "money pit" (as expressed in an old Tom Hanks/Shelly Long film from 1986)…
A boat is described as "a hole in the water one pours money into"...

By these definitions, it cannot be denied that a "money pit" does indeed exist on Oak Island. There is NO FACTUAL evidence, however, to indicate that ANYTHING of value was EVER originally deposited, or existed at the "bottom" of any such pit.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your fixation with treasure blinds you to the truth, as for the alleged coconut fibers, the debate is not directly about the dating, it is about the identity of those fibers, if.........IF they are actually coconut fibers, then there may be something to the theory, HOWEVER........they have NEVER been positively identified as coconut fibers.
this is where the theory derails, because if they are in actuality, eel grass, the carbon dating is not valid because each organism uptakes CO2 at a different rate. This has all been hashed over many many times, but the fact remains that without an absolute identification of the material, it cannot be dated accurately using C14 analysis.
I am probably one of the few people on this forum besides Charlie NY that knows anything about C14 dating, I calibrate the instruments used in the analysis.

So your counting or discounting the whole Oak Island Money Pit on whether or not there is or was coconut fibers on the island?Do you believe in the flood tunnels then? That is the theory for the coconut fibers. Which eel grass could serve the same purpose I suppose.. If not then the coconut fibers shouldn't mean anything to you.. Why does it matter if the coconut fibers are real? That is just part of peoples theories which may not actually be tied to the MP at all..

Just something I found with a quick google search. Not sure if they dated it but it apparently has been tested to be atleast some coconut fibers in smiths cove..

A 1970 analysis by the National Research Council of Canada did identify three of four samples submitted as being coconut fiber.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So your counting or discounting the whole Oak Island Money Pit on whether or not there is or was coconut fibers on the island?Do you believe in the flood tunnels then? That is the theory for the coconut fibers. Which eel grass could serve the same purpose I suppose.. If not then the coconut fibers shouldn't mean anything to you.. Why does it matter if the coconut fibers are real? That is just part of peoples theories which may not actually be tied to the MP at all..

Just something I found with a quick google search. Not sure if they dated it but it apparently has been tested to be atleast some coconut fibers in smiths cove..

A 1970 analysis by the National Research Council of Canada did identify three of four samples submitted as being coconut fiber.
You seem to be quite miffed that I will not debate trivial topics with you and I will not rehash the debate on the fibers, it is all here on TNet.
If you really want to get to the heart of this part of the legend, do the research and you will see quasi experts jumping to conclusions which support their outlandish theories of treasure.
the most probable explanation of the works on OI is that they were of a defensive support or exploration support function, from ship repair to black powder storage in operation during the French Indian wars, but since no one from the OI team want to pursue that line of inquiry, all we get to see or read about is more ridiculous theories about Templar or Aztec treasure. It is all exhausting and not worth the time, I would rather watch CNN, at least there BS is relevant.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coconut fibers were common packing material back then and has been proven to have no relevance to the oak island hoax.

The fictional flood tunnels have also been debunked with the entire smiths cove area having been dug up several times and no flood tunnels were ever found....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye, there's the rub...the fact exist that there is/was indeed, a "pit", or hole in the ground, in which hundreds of people have dumped MILLIONS of dollars into.
Just as a "fixer-upper" house can become a "money pit" (as expressed in an old Tom Hanks/Shelly Long film from 1986)…
A boat is described as "a hole in the water one pours money into"...

By these definitions, it cannot be denied that a "money pit" does indeed exist on Oak Island. There is NO FACTUAL evidence, however, to indicate that ANYTHING of value was EVER originally deposited, or existed at the "bottom" of any such pit.

Based on your logic there are many, many “money pit holes” on the island. Multiple hoax holes that were dug by multiple persons and companies. Folks who the hoaxers convinced to invest did indeed throw their money into bottomless money pits...

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you all seem to think this is all some big scheme thats been taking money from "stupid rich investors" for years and years and continues to this day. Please tell me, where is this money going? Who is getting rich off it? Of course the show makes money, thats a given. Thats the entire point of a network. To have shows that have viewers to attract advertisers and to..you guessed it...make money... So before the show, who was getting rich off the investors?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just it. They are all over the place with what they do or don't think about the MP or OI. One says the MP never existed. One recently said if the coconut fibers could be proven he could believe in that theory, then completely changes his mind when I show where in 1970 it was tested to be coconut fibers on the island..One claims he doesn't care about OI and would rather watch CNN, yet claims to do research into it all and everything they believe is fact...One seems to think all the searchers retired rich after leaving the island off their investors which is completly false. Case in point is the Restalls who lived on the island for a few years with no electricity and the only way to get there was by boat.. So everybody before them as well had no electricity outside of a generator.. Yeah they sure were living high on the hog off their investors.. At this point I'm done. Ya'll have fun...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's just it. They are all over the place with what they do or don't think about the MP or OI...
At this point I'm done. Ya'll have fun...
That's just it, n2mini, the "they" to which you refer DO NOT suffer from Apophenia, the tendency to mistakenly perceive connections and meaning between totally unrelated things and events creating a clustering illusion in their mind.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just it. They are all over the place with what they do or don't think about the MP or OI. One says the MP never existed. One recently said if the coconut fibers could be proven he could believe in that theory, then completely changes his mind when I show where in 1970 it was tested to be coconut fibers on the island..One claims he doesn't care about OI and would rather watch CNN, yet claims to do research into it all and everything they believe is fact...One seems to think all the searchers retired rich after leaving the island off their investors which is completly false. Case in point is the Restalls who lived on the island for a few years with no electricity and the only way to get there was by boat.. So everybody before them as well had no electricity outside of a generator.. Yeah they sure were living high on the hog off their investors.. At this point I'm done. Ya'll have fun...

Well.....bye....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, I cannot recall which movie that line is from

7F7B9531-A035-48E4-A341-730578642467.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions