Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line is that when there are thousands of theories as to who/what/might be/might have been, etc. on oak island, that would be what most call a “clue” that points to the fact nothing was ever on hoax island...

After 200+ years, if there had been one iota of credible evidence, all would have focused on that vs. generating fictional stories at an exponential rate.....And never forget the Roman sword!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just stopped on the show an have watched for the last half hour again...

The show is a joke.... I think its getting worse... its almost like they are about to crack up half the time... due to the crapola spun by each other.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What cracked me up was Drayton doing a grid with the 6000 metal detector...

AND HE HAD LOOP BAR STRAIGHT UPRIGHT THE WHOLE TIME ! ! !

Then read it !! ! heh

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have stated my position on here many times. What I don't like is people claimng everything they say as fact and everybody else is wrong regardless of which side of the MP your on....

Well you’re probably not going to like this:

It is a fact that there is no evidence that any Money Pit existed prior to the initial searchers.
It is a fact that there is no evidence that there is or ever was any treasure on OI.
It is a fact that there is no evidence that anything of any significance happened on OI.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Franklin, in all humble honesty, at least as much as I am able to muster, I would like to see your evidence of European presence in America before Columbus, especially if it came from Kentucky or Tenessee.

I'll back Franklin as far as Scandanavians/Norse having travelled from Iceland around 1,000 AD and establishing a settlement in the Newfoundland Area long before Columbus is well documented and the site exists. L'Anse aux Meadows. There are four other "possible" sites still being examined (including Point Rosee and Willows Island).

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
L'Anse aux Meadows is a long way from Kentucky and Tennessee of Franklin's claim of having proof of early European presence 800 years before "Sinclair and the Knights Templar".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Was Sir Francis Bacon's Statement True?...Winning... Is Such Sweet Sorrow!

Sir Francis Bacon.jpg

The Curse Of Oak Island...Is Winning From all Angles!
Tuesday Ratings...November 24th, 2020!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/this-is-us-outpaces-premieres-7-day-gains-in-week-8
Cable - Total Viewers

The Curse of Oak Island, +1.42 million
Fargo (FX), +1.15 million
The Undoing (HBO), +1.01 million
The Real Housewives of Orange County, +1.01 million
A Timeless Christmas (Hallmark), +1 million

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/this-is-us-outpaces-premieres-7-day-gains-in-week-8

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still don’t understand why they always refer back to the “box drain” opening they found, and show a picture of those triangle stones that they believe is the box drain opening. Why do they never dig up that box drain? Why did they just find the opening and say “see ya later, box drain”?......

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I
I still don’t understand why they always refer back to the “box drain” opening they found, and show a picture of those triangle stones that they believe is the box drain opening. Why do they never dig up that box drain? Why did they just find the opening and say “see ya later, box drain”?......

They keep referring to it and hoping folks who watch the show think it is one of the fictional flood tunnels. They don’t dig it up because it will expose their fiction.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you’re probably not going to like this:

It is a fact that there is no evidence that any Money Pit existed prior to the initial searchers.
It is a fact that there is no evidence that there is or ever was any treasure on OI.
It is a fact that there is no evidence that anything of any significance happened on OI.

Ok. short lived retirement from this conversation but had to come back as this post is exactly what I have been complaining about.
1. The MP of course started with the original 3 digging it. Had someone else beat them to it they would have started it prior to them. It was just a matter of who and when they did it. and assuming someone did dig the hole and filled it in prior to them for whatever reason then it is/was there prior to the original 3. It did not just fill itself in. If it was a sink hole how did it fill itself back in. Ocean tide does not reach that hole..

2. There is the family of 1 of the original 3 that claims they have the gold cross which their family memeber found in the MP. May or may not be true but has not been proven to not be true.

3. There were apparently all kinds of things that happened on OI. Possible salt mining, boat building and or repair, and with all the structure that have been unburied and dated along with coins and tools that pre date the MP something sure was going on there. May not have anything to do with treasure...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1882040

The Curse Of Oak Island...Is Winning From all Angles!
[FONT=&]Tuesday Ratings...November 24th, 2020!
Cable - Total Viewers[/FONT]

[FONT=&]The Curse of Oak Island, +1.42 million
Fargo (FX), +1.15 million
The Undoing (HBO), +1.01 million
The Real Housewives of Orange County, +1.01 million
A Timeless Christmas (Hallmark), +1 million

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/this-is-us-outpaces-premieres-7-day-gains-in-week-8[/FONT]

Ok.....so folks watch fictional drama. The odds that treasure ever existed on hoax island is the same as the real housewives of (fill in the blank) having no modified body parts.

And no, bacon didn’t even know oak island existed.....just more fiction....no amount of BOLD text will change anything...

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. short lived retirement from this conversation but had to come back as this post is exactly what I have been complaining about.
1. The MP of course started with the original 3 digging it. Had someone else beat them to it they would have started it prior to them. It was just a matter of who and when they did it. and assuming someone did dig the hole and filled it in prior to them for whatever reason then it is/was there prior to the original 3. It did not just fill itself in. If it was a sink hole how did it fill itself back in. Ocean tide does not reach that hole..

2. There is the family of 1 of the original 3 that claims they have the gold cross which their family memeber found in the MP. May or may not be true but has not been proven to not be true.

3. There were apparently all kinds of things that happened on OI. Possible salt mining, boat building and or repair, and with all the structure that have been unburied and dated along with coins and tools that pre date the MP something sure was going on there. May not have anything to do with treasure...

There has never been any factual evidence that the “original 3” dug anything....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were two meetings with Sir Francis Bacon about the treasures in Margaret Bay which today is Mahone Bay.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll back Franklin as far as Scandanavians/Norse having travelled from Iceland around 1,000 AD and establishing a settlement in the Newfoundland Area long before Columbus is well documented and the site exists. L'Anse aux Meadows. There are four other "possible" sites still being examined (including Point Rosee and Willows Island).

I agree that the Scandinavians did come and establish a settlement before Columbus but the numbers were far short of Franklin’s 10’s of thousands....and his references were for Kentucky...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were two meetings with Sir Francis Bacon about the treasures in Margaret Bay which today is Mahone Bay.

Please provide factual evidence that bacon knew about the existence of oak island as well as what treasures you are referring to.

Seems like folks are thinking Francis’ book, “New Atlantis” wasn’t a work of fiction but a Secret Coded Document leading to untold treasures on hoax island.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that the Scandinavians did come and establish a settlement before Columbus but the numbers were far short of Franklin’s 10’s of thousands....and his references were for Kentucky...

Singlestack Wonder, There are hundreds of historical books you would have to read to get all of the information you seek. But to start with, read the books and youtubes about the Mound Builders of New York, The Mound Builders of Michigan and the Mound Builders of the Mississippi Valley. You think the Indians built over 100,000 Earth Mounds up and down the East Coast along with fortifications like the ones in Kentucky and along the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers? The evidence is everywhere all you have to do is seek and you will find it. Then you can read the 9 books written by Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett and follow their references to hundreds of other historical books that date back to 1600 BC.

You can also read the 15 Volumes of : Annual Report of the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institute. These reports claim the inscriptions found in the Tombs or Mounds were Cherokee or Ogam but they are Coelbren/Welsh.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Ohio Native Americans built mounds, I assume other Native Americans could accomplish the same basic mound building tasks all around the eastern and mid western states...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
L'Anse aux Meadows is a long way from Kentucky and Tennessee of Franklin's claim of having proof of early European presence 800 years before "Sinclair and the Knights Templar".

Still in North America. I'm not justrifying his claims at other sites but the challenge was "in America" before Columbus.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still in North America. I'm not justrifying his claims at other sites but the challenge was "in America" before Columbus.

The Viking settlements in North America are known, but Franklin's unsupported claim of as European presence "800 years before his claimed "Sinclair and the Knights Templar" on Oak Island" by way of Diana Jean Muir's alleged Sinclair journals, would be during the early "dark ages", of the 6-7th centuries.
NO European's had seagoing vessels that could cross the Atlantic during that time of flat Earth belief and "they be monsters here", a stagnant time for learning with NO exploration.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... There are hundreds of historical books you would have to read to get all of the information you seek... Then you can read the 9 books written by Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett and follow their references to hundreds of other historical books that date back to 1600 BC...
The books by Wilson and Blackett are NOT real history but just more of this pseudo junk history written by quasi-historian charlatans.
Baram Blackett in NOT ever this fraudulent fake historian, but Andrew Terry.
Neither are considered as legitimate research historians, nor are their books considered as real researched accurate history.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread