Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was NOTHING dug 89 years before as there was never a money pit. The blockhouse blog folks are no different than muir, amundsen, wolter, you, etc. in promoting fiction.....

The chappel shaft went down 171’ and left behind tons of wood, nails, iron, etc. Any lumber they left was cut from many trees, some of which could have been hundreds of years old.

Of course on the scripted show any wood found is from “the original depositors”....

Of course when chappel couldn’t continue fleecing investors, he shut down operations...

That did not come from the Blockhouse Blog. That was posted on "Curse of Oak Island Original" today, by Doug Crowell.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Remember it doesn't have to have treasure in it to be their hole...That is all I'm saying here.
That they did dig a hole. That is how this whole 250 years adventure got started.
If they never dug a hole this would not have ever happened. All the treasure stories/tells started later..
We would not be in this fourm if not for them digging a hole to start with..How hard is that to realise and agree with.
I'm not asking ya'll to agree there is/was treasure in it... If they did not ever dig a hole, hole did this all get started?
One doesn't need to be a certified holeologist, n2mini, to recognize a hole when encountered and expect it to hold treasure. :wink:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That did not come from the Blockhouse Blog. That was posted on "Curse of Oak Island Original" today, by Doug Crowell.
Anything posted as evidence or proof from the "Curse" site, or by those on or involved with that show, is considered "fruit from the poisoned tree".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything posted as evidence or proof from the "Curse" site, or by those on or involved with that show, is considered "fruit from the poisoned tree".

Then you need to eat more fruit?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching my first "Beyond Oak Island"... About Laffite treasure.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway... I cant believe I am saying this... but IMO

I just watched the best episode I have ever seen concerning treasure hunting.

And yes ...

"The Brothers" are now in my eyes... "redeemed".

Very well done... spotlight On Bobby Pritchett's plight with GME etc etc.

I applaud them for this and I never thought I would ever say that.

PS...

That does not mean... I believe there is a treasure on Oak Island though. heh

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit... way more interesting to me. 2nd episode now... which has also snagged me in.... of course the subject matter of shipwrecks always has :)

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

TV treasure hunting shows are just entertainment for the masses. If you really serious and want to find treasure other than just dream about it?

In the words of my good friend Hardluck: He once said to me and Kanacki years ago. Pick up all the treasure hunting TV shows dvds, treasure magazines all the books written on the topic and put them all in the bin.

There are people out there rarely if ever seek the limelight of a TV show or book even almost invisible to all. That have found more treasure than all the treasure hunting TV shows put together.

They rarely see the light of the public spotlight....Most would never admit to finding anything.

Ghosts amigo

But when they do is because they have been busted....or have to.

This following bust has recently been made of a treasure hunter operating since the 1990's Busted with 27000 artifacts worth about 1 million dollars. No one will ever know how much more was recovered and sold over those 30 years....

But complacency is a dangerous thing. Sometimes even the best can slip up.

50568851673_d8f2243358_b.jpg

50568851688_c02380109d_c.jpg

50569734572_079e28332d_c.jpg

However if he talks I know a few of the most prestigious actions houses asses will be twitching. So for me the outcome of the above bust is much more interesting than some soggy empty hole in Nova Scotia.

Crow

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Sssssssh" has always been the best policy.

If I found something historically, archeologically or palentologically significant I'd bring in the "pros". But for anything commonly traded, graded or Blue Booked . . . well, I don't recall exactly.

But I did buy this new with available funds . . . Been 20 years so I guess I'm safe.

DB82F311-F9BE-43B9-844F-90C11BA1705A_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people have a desire to know a secret, to know of, or believe that they may hold the key to a great treasure.
This is what makes them vulnerable to the scams of more devious persons, also many are prone to self delusion when it comes to anything they're enthusiastic or passionate about. Finally, self criticism is difficult for many people as is the acceptance that they have been taken in.
simple answer to your question.......YES

Healthy skepticism is necessary in treasure hunting, so I appreciate your sentiment. However, how do you explain the HO stone?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Their galley's brought 6 barrels of acorns each.
While loading the flat bottom galleys to cross the Atlantic to hide the world famous Templar treasure, Henry Sinclair in his wisdom realized there must be an island in the New World that lacked trees and was in dire need of a name.
Sinclair has his merry band of geriatric Templar Knights scour the Scottish countryside and gather all the acorns they could find.
As the St Katherine galley neared the island, she was swept up in a nor'easter and the six barrels went overboard, breaking and scattering over the island, thus providing the island with trees and a name-give or take a lie or two. :wink:
Paraphrased from "THE LOST JOURNALS OF GLOOSCAP SINCLAIR"

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Healthy skepticism is necessary in treasure hunting, so I appreciate your sentiment. However, how do you explain the HO stone?
I have not researched the HO stone, however, one single artifact cannot possibly hold weight for the whole OI story.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you explain the treasure hunters who discovered this boulder in 1921 with alleged carvings blowing it up?
No one besides these treasure hunters saw this boulder and no professional ever examined this HO boulder, but somehow NOW it has a connection to the Templars.
More nonsense not based in fact.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions