“Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”! - Page 195
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 195 of 198 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 2968
Like Tree2511Likes

Thread: “Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    17085 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Total fiction......along with the star-1cig reference....before the thread is finished many more will pop in with different constellation maps, Ley line mappings, etc.
    Would you like to swing on a star, carry moonbeams home in a jar
    You'd be better off that you are, than to dig the money pit

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    14167 times
    Metal Detecting
    Or would you rather be a fish.
    Singlestack Wonder, ECS and alan m like this.
    Political correctness is facism pretending to be manners -- George Carlin

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    371 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    True, and a good point about it being part of a larger structure.
    considering that it may have been a marker stone for a treasure vault, as a stand alone piece, it would need to be larger, if it moved over the course of say two years, they would never have been able to relocate the vault.
    the surveyors would not have taken the chance of that happening. So then, if it was part of a larger structure, where is that larger structure?
    As with most all stuff on OI people years ago did not care about taking notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them. I've never understood why no one back in the early 1800's did not have a better way of marking the exact location of the MP, but even if they did over the years with more clearing being done in the area, whatever they took measurements to would have been moved so then exact location is lost... My guess is that while that stone looks to be part of something else it is probably not a survey marker stone sitting in or around what they think is a pine tar kiln. It was probably just part of that structure somehow and got busted up over the years..
    alan m and KANACKI like this.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    640 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Knight's Templar. Treasures of Sir Henry Sinclair's ship, the Katherine. One half was recovered in 1770, the other one half was left. The Shafts and tunnels were dug long before Sinclair's voyage. They were dug from 7th Century up to the 12th Century. They were nothing but mines. The treasure was not buried in the "Money Pit."
    http://www.alastairhamilton.com/sinclair.htm
    alan m likes this.
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

us
    Dave

Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    266 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    As with most all stuff on OI people years ago did not care about taking notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them. I've never understood why no one back in the early 1800's did not have a better way of marking the exact location of the MP, but even if they did over the years with more clearing being done in the area, whatever they took measurements to would have been moved so then exact location is lost... My guess is that while that stone looks to be part of something else it is probably not a survey marker stone sitting in or around what they think is a pine tar kiln. It was probably just part of that structure somehow and got busted up over the years..
    My guess (LACKING any evidence to the contrary) is that no one took "notes and measurements to pin point objects before moving them." is because they weren't "marking" anything more significant than lot boundaries...if, in fact they are truly "marker stones" used in surveying.
    alan m likes this.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    No reason to mark something that never existed in the first place......
    alan m likes this.
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    754 times
    In the next episode gawry finds another axe head......
    alan m likes this.
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    2048 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Raparee View Post
    He won’t read it
    time for another drink

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    640 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    He won’t read it
    Yeah. Probably not.
    ECS and alan m like this.
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7537 times
    Yeah. Probably not.
    I have read the story. I still do not believe the story as I have read the story before. Sir Henry Sinclair did make an Expedition to Nova Scotia, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Not one trip but three trips.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    640 times
    I have read the story. I still do not believe the story as I have read the story before. Sir Henry Sinclair did make an Expedition to Nova Scotia, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Not one trip but three trips.
    Cool story. Now how about showing me some credible material evidence that proves your claim.
    Singlestack Wonder, alan m and ECS like this.

--Dave Rishar.

us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    2048 times
    Cache Hunting
    Just not true, ECS has posted proof that your claim cannot be true numerous times, why do you persist with this fake narrative?
    ECS likes this.
    time for another drink

us

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    7537 times
    ECS has posted nothing of historic value only someone else's opinion. You call that "proof?"

us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    2048 times
    Cache Hunting
    ECS has posted nothing of historic value only someone else's opinion. You call that "proof?"
    ECS is far more credible than anything you have so far offered
    ECS likes this.
    time for another drink

us

Jun 2012
    7537 times
    Hoaxes. I said credible.
    Those are credible if you can read what they say. I have volumes of proof to back it up so I'm not worried about your claims of Hoaxes. The Academic World is the BIG HOAX.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links