Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish the Lagina brothers would somehow get in touch with me! They are just stubborn and do not want anybodies advice! Do they want to get the treasure or what I can help them and would help them!
I want to see the treasure. I know it's there! People want to know where the treasure is, and you tell them where it is located, they don't even go look, that's the way they are! They have no beauty, strength, or Wisdom! I pray that they cannot find the treasure on Earth, they find there treasure in the heavens!

It's a TV show, they are not really interested in finding anything anytime soon, the "treasure" is in the commercials sold.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a mystery why they are not returning your calls.

lunatic.gif

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe we shouldn't even be talking about this treasure anymore! No one wants to get the treasure anyway! Next season tell everyone you know not to even waych the show at all. Ratings go down so the commercial money disappears! The only way their going to get the treasure is if they get hungry!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They should film in low-light green and go for ghosts with shaky hand-held cameras. Or maybe get the brothers to mud wrestle bachelorettes.

It seems the History Channel thinks we don't have the attention span to actually absorb facts. What a shame.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wm - as far as affecting TV show ratings it only matters if you're a Nielsen box owner. Cable and network Tv companies have no clue what shows we watch otherwise.

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no doubt regarding the similarities of the Labuse treasure and that of Oak Island. Both claim to be linked to the Knights Templar and both have similarities in coded messages and flood tunnels etc...
I have been actively searching for the Labuse Treasure for the last year, and i have found the location.....watch this space.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please start a separate thread and not under the Oak Island category.

This shouldn't be a lunatic catch-all.

LabuseTreasure

Greenie
Jun 14, 2017
Durban
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please start a separate thread and not under the Oak Island category.

This shouldn't be a lunatic catch-all.

Please elaborate on who it is you are referring to as a Lunatic ?.
Obviously if I were to go off on a tangent about Labuse, I will start a new thread but its part of the discussion isn't it ?? Where the reference was made to Oak Island isn't it ?? Hence its part of the thread, isn't it ??

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please elaborate on who it is you are referring to as a Lunatic ?.
Obviously if I were to go off on a tangent about Labuse, I will start a new thread but its part of the discussion isn't it ?? Where the reference was made to Oak Island isn't it ?? Hence its part of the thread, isn't it ??

Don't worry about Charlie, that's become his MO!

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would categorize anyone with a strong conviction to a Templar connection to Oak Island as a lunatic under the "foolish" connotation of the noun; as there is no physical evidence to the contrary (so far).

Since your post has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread or sub-forum (Oak Island) I guess you are safe. Just lost.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would categorize anyone with a strong conviction to a Templar connection to Oak Island as a lunatic under the "foolish" connotation of the noun; as there is no physical evidence to the contrary (so far).

Since your post has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread or sub-forum (Oak Island) I guess you are safe. Just lost.

That's because you don't understand the evidence. Its difficult to explain but it is specific, much more than simply a statue pointing a finger as some have said. The Templars left a trail and the Anson's of Shugborough followed it. As also did David Teniers the Younger and Nicolas Poussin (The Keeper of Secrets) along with many others. If you did understand or could understand the whole story, which would probably be impossible for someone like you or some other posters here, you would not call anyone a lunatic. If you or anyone else really thinks there are no mysteries in this world they (and you) are living in a bubble.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like simple solutions. Find something and then determine where it came from. Not fabricate extensive fantasies and try and pull together scant or non-existent evidence into a convoluted scavenger hunt.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. Like: there is no treasure on Oak Island and never was. So far that is where the physical evidence leads. Even my simple mind can grasp that.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's because you don't understand the evidence. Its difficult to explain but it is specific, much more than simply a statue pointing a finger as some have said. The Templars left a trail and the Anson's of Shugborough followed it. As also did David Teniers the Younger and Nicolas Poussin (The Keeper of Secrets) along with many others. If you did understand or could understand the whole story, which would probably be impossible for someone like you or some other posters here, you would not call anyone a lunatic. If you or anyone else really thinks there are no mysteries in this world they (and you) are living in a bubble.
Cheers, Loki

I'll admit the only one of the people I've heard of is Poussin so I'll have to research them. What's your thoughts on Champlain. I always thought that he came here searching for something. That he was sent here to search. Whether he found something is another question but I do think he spent a lot of time looking for something tangible. Maybe he wasn't successful but I do think there's more to his story.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll admit the only one of the people I've heard of is Poussin so I'll have to research them. What's your thoughts on Champlain. I always thought that he came here searching for something. That he was sent here to search. Whether he found something is another question but I do think he spent a lot of time looking for something tangible. Maybe he wasn't successful but I do think there's more to his story.

Champlain is an interesting subject. In 1604, when he first discovered Annapolis Basin, they had stopped at a site along Digby Neck, which as you know is not much more than a mile and a half wide at most points. A priest who was with him and who also went ashore supposedly left his sword behind and went back for it becoming lost for a couple of weeks. This was very near the current location of the site I am interested in. At about this same time a young priest named Vincent de Paul (now known as Saint Vincent) was supposedly captured by Moorish Pirates and held captive for two years (there is no evidence of this other than Vincent's own story). Vincent de Paul is mentioned in the work "The Red Serpent" (le Serpent Rouge), by Jean Cocteau, which is considered one of the major clues to the hiding site of the Holy Grail. When young Vincent was allegedly released, his first meeting was with the Pope, not his family.

Another thing that was interesting about Champlains exploration of Nova Scotia is that while following the coastline in a smaller vessel he mentioned every bay and many islands in his logs as well as any prominent features, but he completely ignored Mahone Bay and Oak Island. He actually named the neighboring bay to the North after his Mother while sailing right by Mahone Bay.
Not mentioning Oak Island is probably understandable as the small island is not that prominent physically, but the Bay itself is.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Samuel de Champlain made it to lots of places. One stop was as far west as Canastota, NY (below Oneida Lake on the old Erie Canal) that is about sixty miles due North of where I live. He also passed through what became Ticonderoga and Crown Point (F&I War forts).

If he was looking for something other than territory to survey he sure left a large and varied track to follow.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Champlain is an interesting subject. In 1604, when he first discovered Annapolis Basin, they had stopped at a site along Digby Neck, which as you know is not much more than a mile and a half wide at most points. A priest who was with him and who also went ashore supposedly left his sword behind and went back for it becoming lost for a couple of weeks. This was very near the current location of the site I am interested in. At about this same time a young priest named Vincent de Paul (now known as Saint Vincent) was supposedly captured by Moorish Pirates and held captive for two years (there is no evidence of this other than Vincent's own story). Vincent de Paul is mentioned in the work "The Red Serpent" (le Serpent Rouge), by Jean Cocteau, which is considered one of the major clues to the hiding site of the Holy Grail. When young Vincent was allegedly released, his first meeting was with the Pope, not his family.

Another thing that was interesting about Champlains exploration of Nova Scotia is that while following the coastline in a smaller vessel he mentioned every bay and many islands in his logs as well as any prominent features, but he completely ignored Mahone Bay and Oak Island. He actually named the neighboring bay to the North after his Mother while sailing right by Mahone Bay.
Not mentioning Oak Island is probably understandable as the small island is not that prominent physically, but the Bay itself is.

Cheers, Loki

Champlain , in my view was and still is an underappreciated cartographer. Although he's finally starting to get some recognition. He was brilliant. If I remember things correctly he was sent to Acadia not to be the leader or founder of the colony but to map and to explore. Personally I have a feeling that he was looking for a lost settlement of some sort . I'm not saying that the settlement was a Templar settlement but was perhaps something from an earlier European contact. At the risk of sounding like a lunatic , I actually think he did find what he was looking for. Not treasures but evidence of an earlier settlement.

Have you heard of the Ardoise Stone? Here's a link to a discussion of it if you haven't.

The Blockhouse Blog - The Oak Island Compendium

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Samuel de Champlain made it to lots of places. One stop was as far west as Canastota, NY (below Oneida Lake on the old Erie Canal) that is about sixty miles due North of where I live. He also passed through what became Ticonderoga and Crown Point (F&I War forts).

If he was looking for something other than territory to survey he sure left a large and varied track to follow.

Yes he did survey large tracts of territory but New France and Acadia were two entirely distinct settlements. The people and cultures were distinct from each other. Champlain was the founder of New France and it was settled as a business venture and I imagine as a land grab. For the fur trade. Acadia was founded by Pierre Dugua de Mons. Champlain was along for the ride to map and explore. Champlain didn't hang around in Acadia. I feel that he found what he was looking for and moved on. Acadia was an enlightened colony , New France was a business venture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions