Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the stories we've heard can be debunked in one way or another if you want to be on that side of the story.. Why would they leave a stone telling how much further to go to start with, UNLESS they knew they wouldn't be the ones digging to find it and was actually leaving a clue... Maybe that is why no one can transcrib the stone if it was just something someone made up using various symbols that don't really mean anything. Yet they went to alot of trouble to do it??? Restalls had 5-6 years to "plant" evidence if that is what they wanted to do but I would have thought if they were doing that they would have done more then just the 1704 stone!! Assuming the water trap is real how was anyone supposed to know how to avoid it?? Why leave a glue for searchers that they we even on to something... Bury the treasure and try to cover your tracks, if the water trap is true it lets you know someone built it for a reason....

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What?...No Photos?

And none of them photographed it, sketched it, or could tell us where it's presently located. It was apparently not written down until 1949, by a man who couldn't name the person that had given him this information.

How certain are you that that inscription is correct?

Here is a "Selfie" of "Me with the Stone"!

Robot - 2 Decipher Stone.jpg

Sorry...I could not find one of me...Smiling!

I did have the Stone "Rotated" so that the Hebrew Symbols are displayed in their correct position.

I was hoping to locate some photos of the 1800's...Bookstore...the Street it was on...or even Halifax for that matter...but it is very difficult due to the people of this era were hard pressed to have four walls for a house, let alone a wooden box to store and pass down their possessions.

Rumor...has it the the original "Stone" has been located.
It is reported that a European Collector owns it, but he is reluctant to show it to the public due to what he believes would be ridicule as to its authenticity.

I believe the real "Miracle" is not the proof in the existence of the Stone, but more the "Legend" of the Stone, having passed down thru the Centuries.

"Maybe", some "Small Part of This Story" is "True" and could be the "Key" for solving "The Mystery of the Oak Island Money Pit".

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hebrew?

Which Hebrew characters are the : and the up and down pointing triangular characters representing?

Also, just because it is read right to left does not mean it has to be mirror image.

Greek, maybe. AT least that would have a few common characters.

But I think it is written in middle-Hokum.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's Greek...To You?

Hebrew?

Which Hebrew characters are the : and the up and down pointing triangular characters representing?

Also, just because it is read right to left does not mean it has to be mirror image.

Greek, maybe. AT least that would have a few common characters.

But I think it is written in middle-Hokum.

Anita Meyer in her video explains that the "Triangles" are represented as "D".

I have also thought them to be "Alchemist Symbols" for the four elements...Earth,Water, Air, Fire...making up the Star of David.

Elements.jpeg

Hebrew... Alphabet and Vowels

Hebrew.gif Hebrew - Vowels.png

Last edited:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is reported that a European Collector owns it, but he is reluctant to show it to the public due to what he believes would be ridicule as to its authenticity.

Yup, 'provenance'

so I would probably agree with him.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Here is a "Selfie" of "Me with the Stone"!

View attachment 1534026

That was actually funny.

If the provenance is there and it matches the description, why would anyone ridicule it? And if we did ridicule it, what does he care?

"Maybe", some "Small Part of This Story" is "True" and could be the "Key" for solving "The Mystery of the Oak Island Money Pit".

And that's the problem here. Is the story true or not? We could go into this with the idea that the original story was recorded accurately, and then the details are true until proven otherwise. Or we could assume that the original story was not recorded accurately, in which case every detail is suspect and should be considered false, unless proved otherwise. If we instead take the original story and cherry-pick the details that agree with our theories while arbitrarily discarding the ones that don't, without any additional evidence to prove or disprove these details, we may as well just be making things up.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the real "Miracle" is not the proof in the existence of the Stone, but more the "Legend" of the Stone, having passed down thru the Centuries.

I hate to ask, but I really need to. Is there any rhyme or reason to what you choose to bold or quote? Just trying to wrap my head around it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you pay his posts backwards they will tell you the names of the cyborg replicant world leaders.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you guys think about this stone? It was found in the same area as the "Overton Stone" that was talked about on the Oak Island tv show. The Overton stone is on the side of Overton facing the ocean. The stone in the image is from the harbour side of Overton. I think this stone is far more interesting then the so Overton stone which was only very recently found and I think is a fake.

The stone in this image is in a local museum. As far as I know its still there and has been for many years. Yarmouth_Runic_Stone_at_Yarmouth_County_Museum.jpg

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Indigenous Canadian Script!

Overton Stone.jpg

The Canadian "Cree" and "Mi'kmaq" left their script on "Marker Stones" designating their "Territories"!

Aboriginal Cree Script.gif Aboriginal Canadian Script.png

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
But...Could It Be?...Brahmi Script...Back To...The Buzzard!

Overton Stone.jpg

Buzzard 2.jpg

Brahmi Script.gif

Brahmi Script - Ta or T.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could this Cross...Be...Crossed Up?

The Cross located on Oak Island during Season 5 appears not to be a Knights Templar Cross, but that of an Egyptian Ankh Cross.

Oak Island - cross.jpeg

The Ankh Cross was a 3000 bc. symbol of life.

Ankh Cross 3.jpg Ankh Cross 2.jpg

The Ankh represented eternal life.

It signified wisdom and insight on the highest level and it was also a fertility symbol.

The ankh was widely used as an amulet in Ancient Egypt.

Many reliefs in Ancient Egyptian temples show scenes where the king is offered the ankh by the gods.

This symbolized the divine bestowal of eternal life.

ankh cross.jpg

The ankh was gradually adopted by the fourth century Christian Church in Egypt, which eventually became the Coptic Church. It was used as a symbol of life after death.

Its key-like shape encourages the belief that it unlocks the gates of death, and it is viewed this way by the Rosicrucians and other hermetic orders.

Coptic Christians have used it as a symbol of life after death.

In 641 AD, Egypt was conquered by the Muslim Arabs who faced off with the Byzantine army. Local resistance by the Egyptians however began to materialize shortly thereafter and would last until at least the 9th century.

After the Muslim invasion, Coptic Christians moved their church to Jerusalem and during the Crusades many fought and joined the Knights Templar Crusade.

Many Coptic Christians could have been imprisoned in French Castles and Tortured, along with the Knights Templar.

Rosicrucians also used this symbol for eternal life and could have passed on the Cross Symbol to their brothers, The Freemasons!

The Symbol for "Venus" and in their picture of "Rebis" showed the "Freemasons" where the location for the "Heart of the Treasure's, Treasure Vault" was to be located on "Oak Island".

Rebis.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cross located on Oak Island during Season 5 appears not to be a Knights Templar Cross, but that of an Egyptian Ankh Cross.

View attachment 1539249

The Ankh Cross was a 3000 bc. symbol of life.

View attachment 1539250 View attachment 1539252

The Ankh represented eternal life.

It signified wisdom and insight on the highest level and it was also a fertility symbol.

The ankh was widely used as an amulet in Ancient Egypt.

Many reliefs in Ancient Egyptian temples show scenes where the king is offered the ankh by the gods.

This symbolized the divine bestowal of eternal life.

View attachment 1539251

The ankh was gradually adopted by the fourth century Christian Church in Egypt, which eventually became the Coptic Church. It was used as a symbol of life after death.

Its key-like shape encourages the belief that it unlocks the gates of death, and it is viewed this way by the Rosicrucians and other hermetic orders.

Coptic Christians have used it as a symbol of life after death.

In 641 AD, Egypt was conquered by the Muslim Arabs who faced off with the Byzantine army. Local resistance by the Egyptians however began to materialize shortly thereafter and would last until at least the 9th century.

After the Muslim invasion, Coptic Christians moved their church to Jerusalem and during the Crusades many fought and joined the Knights Templar Crusade.

Many Coptic Christians could have been imprisoned in French Castles and Tortured, along with the Knights Templar.

Rosicrucians also used this symbol for eternal life and could have passed on the Cross Symbol to their brothers, The Freemasons!

The Symbol for "Venus" and in their picture of "Rebis" showed the "Freemasons" where the location for the "Heart of the Treasure's, Treasure Vault" was to be located on "Oak Island".

View attachment 1539266

Crap.....now they have to film another filler episode and travel to Egypt instead of finishing up drilling the current hole and finding nothing....

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

... except it looks nothing like an ankh. Not even like those shown in your own post.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you notice the bulge on the left side of the head(curve) of the templar prison wall carving and and the little trinket they found , they are identical... Thats why I think they got it at the castle gift shop LOL

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Disneys Hercules carried the treasure there after he stole it from the pirate Jack Sparrow, while Winnie the Poohs Golpher dug the pit.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ding ding ding, we have a winner

Top Member Reactions