Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been stated that the Lagina Brothers signed a "100 Episode Contract" for the History Channel.

This would mean they have some...4 Years and 40 More...Episodes left with "The Curse of Oak Island"!

Enjoy!

“Stated”is the same as the guy stating the Roman sword found was real. Again, any factual data you can present to prove a contract was signed for 100 episodes of the curse of oak island?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has always been puzzling why there were "Roman Numerals" carved on the "Wooden Beams" found in Smith's Cove.

View attachment 1552405

It was always puzzling why the "Builders" would choose the Horseshoe design for the "So Called Coffer Dam" shown to be located there.

View attachment 1552359

Unlike the North End of the Island, Smith's Cove is a very shallow rocky inlet.

The "U Shape Dam" and the location within a shallow bay would not have been the "Logical Choice" if intended for some sort of "Docking Location".

It would have been more practical to have built a "A Straight Dam" and at the farthest outreach on the Island.

But!...This was not the intent of the "Builders"!

What they were working on was a protection for erosion from the High Tides associated with this end of the Island.

The Coffer Dam was not a Dam...But...A Breaker!

In the Mid-18th Century the ocean level was very much lower than it is today.

Marine Survey Canada shows that the sea shore would have been out past what we show as the Coffer Dam.

The Wooden Beams with the Roman Numerals carved on them jut out past this Coffer Dam to show what the Sea Level marked in Roman Numerals was at this time.

The Coffer Dam was constructed to be a "Tide Breaker" preventing the erosion of the beach soil drifting back out and plunging up the "Tunnels Blow Holes!

Within the Sea Shore and this Protector Breaker was placed Rocks, Eel Grass, and Coir Fiber to stop any erosion.

My Theory has the Cornish Miners (who built the tunnels to flood the Oak Island Money Pit) running their Main Tunnel below the 90 foot level straight out past the Coffer Dam to where one sees the Blow Holes located.

View attachment 1552334

At this point (roughly 200 feet from the present shore line today) they branched several tunnels up to nearly 10 feet under the ocean.

Explosive Powder Charges were placed at the end of each of the branched tunnels with a fuse running back towards the Money Pit.

"To ignite the end of each tunnel, they fed an ignition "sausage" out of each tunnel. This sausage was a tube made of linen and filled with granulated black powder that led back to the point of ignition. The ignition sausage, a predecessor of the modern time fuse, was normally laid in a 6-centimeter-wide wooden duct and covered with a board to protect it from moisture or other damage. At the appointed time, the miner ignited the powder in the ignition sausage with an ignition sponge and then retreated quickly before the sponge burned to the powder."

Once the fuse was lit and about to discharge the Miners began to seal the 10 foot distance from the Water Tunnel to the 90 Foot level with Logs, Clay, Dirt, Coir Fiber, and Tar.

The Explosions opened each tunnel to the Ocean's water, but the air lock in the main tunnel prevented the water from coming and flooding the Money Pit Shaft, until this air lock was broken in 1795 by the Original Discoverers.

Similar to how today's toilets function.

View attachment 1552335

The 18th Century British used Roman Numerals to mark the ocean depth on the Bows of their Ships!

View attachment 1552336

These are the same Markers on the Wood of these Beams!

We should be able to determine (
with the help of Canada's Marine Ocean Records) what the Ocean Level was at each marking when the Oak Island Money Pit Was Constructed!

Why continue to repeat these fictional stories? No proof has ever been presented that a hole with a flood tunnel or platforms ever existed?

I continue to ask and repeat the same questions and observations asking for any actual proof so that those new to the hoax will realize it is just that, a long running hoax.

If anyone has actual evidence to the contrary, please post it, but don’t continue posting the same rehashed material constantly hoping someone will believe it...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roman Numerals don't indicate Romans. They are easy to chisel, and when you are chiseling mortises you've got a chisel handy.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Singlestack Wonder, I have no way to prove it but, I do believe there are people who have seen the money pit. ( original hole ) I don't really care whether there were wood planks every 10', or about the stone. Do you think that Dunfield, Fred Nolan, Dan Blankenship, the Restalls amongst others all lied about there being a money pit hole?? May or may not have ever been a treasure in it, that is beside the point to my question... ( it's a yes or no answer I'm looking for from you here. No more no less. Just a yes, or no... ) and what did they gain from it. None of them are rich from milking the investors. None went on to give high dollar speaking engagements. The Restalls did write a book. but with the hard life they lived whole on the island and the price they paid they deserved it...

Yes I do. The Restalls were drawn in by the hoax and figured out in the end what a terrible waste of life and time it was.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How About...Follow The Yellow Brick Road...To The Freemason's Treasure Vault!

Roman Numerals don't indicate Romans. They are easy to chisel, and when you are chiseling mortises you've got a chisel handy.

Treasure pics.jpg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do. The Restalls were drawn in by the hoax and figured out in the end what a terrible waste of life and time it was.

You also made this statement recently--

"Samuel Ball did find something. I believe it was a cash wages chest used for paying soldiers in the field left by the British during the revolutionary war due to a hasty..."

Would that not constitute finding a treasure. Neither of us can prove what he found and what it's intended use was. You and I both have no way to know where he found it, so we also can't say it wasn't part of a offset tunnel from the Money Pit closer to ground level as some theories go.

You can't say the whole Oak Island Treasure Hunt was a hoax and then say that Samuel Ball found a chest full of money in the next sentence... It contradicts itself...

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I heard that 18th Century British and French beam construction was done with Roman Numerals.

It was also done in the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries by the Amish and other timber framers. May still be done today.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also made this statement recently--

"Samuel Ball did find something. I believe it was a cash wages chest used for paying soldiers in the field left by the British during the revolutionary war due to a hasty..."

Would that not constitute finding a treasure. Neither of us can prove what he found and what it's intended use was. You and I both have no way to know where he found it, so we also can't say it wasn't part of a offset tunnel from the Money Pit closer to ground level as some theories go.

You can't say the whole Oak Island Treasure Hunt was a hoax and then say that Samuel Ball found a chest full of money in the next sentence... It contradicts itself...

Its a hoax....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. I'm done responding to anything you say from here on out. You talk out of both sides of your mouth..
You say no treasure was found yet say Samuel Ball found a chest full of money.

You say there never was hole in the ground called the money pit, yet there are people still alive that have seen the hole. ( I may be wrong but think Dan Blankenship, maybe his son, maybe Fred's son, Restalls daughter and youngest son, guy that worked for the Restalls that is currently helping the Brothers ) Granted may not currently and or not ever have had a treasure in it but the hole was there..

See ya...........................................................

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. I'm done responding to anything you say from here on out. You talk out of both sides of your mouth..
You say no treasure was found yet say Samuel Ball found a chest full of money.

You say there never was hole in the ground called the money pit, yet there are people still alive that have seen the hole. ( I may be wrong but think Dan Blankenship, maybe his son, maybe Fred's son, Restalls daughter and youngest son, guy that worked for the Restalls that is currently helping the Brothers ) Granted may not currently and or not ever have had a treasure in it but the hole was there..

See ya...........................................................

The only holes they saw were the ones they dug. That fact is undeniable.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that a hoax?

Cheers, Loki

No. Chapel, Dunfield, Restall, Blankenship, etc. dug their own holes and those are very well documented. Of course nothing was ever found in those holes except for debris from the previous excavator's dig.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Absolutely. You look at any timber framed house or barn and you will find these Roman numerals to help match the mortise to the tennon when the structure is erected. Roman numerals are much easier to hack into a beam than the more common Arabic numerals.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why I didn't think of this before but with Dan Blankenship working with Robert Dunfield on his digging/search of the island, I wish they would ask him on air why he thinks the treasure is still there with all the digging they did back in the mid to late sixties...
Here is a picture seen alot but it is of Smiths Cove not the Money Pit area. You do see a picture alot of the 2 of them down in a deep trench together but not near as many pictures of the Money Pit excavation area views from above at that time... Dan and Robert.jpg smith cove.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why I didn't think of this before but with Dan Blankenship working with Robert Dunfield on his digging/search of the island, I wish they would ask him on air why he thinks the treasure is still there with all the digging they did back in the mid to late sixties...
Here is a picture seen alot but it is of Smiths Cove not the Money Pit area. You do see a picture alot of the 2 of them down in a deep trench together but not near as many pictures of the Money Pit excavation area views from above at that time... View attachment 1553191 View attachment 1553192

Blankenship dug for the sames reasons of all before him....someone at some point said, "there's treasure in that hole". Dan now knows that the treasure is found in tours and proceeds from TV shows...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread