Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
As someone who grew up with the stories surrounding Oak Island, from multiple sources by the way, and as someone who knows a great deal about the history of this province, I'm quite comfortable determining for myself what is "screwed up" regarding Oak Island's narrative, as I'm sure new posters can do for themselves as well.

In other words, you're not the person that I was addressing. I was addressing the people that are coming here with no knowledge other than what they got from the TV - not the whole story, to put it kindly. To put it unkindly, it's the people like me that grew up with horse apples presented as fact. I grew out of it. Many do not. I remind them to check both sides of the story. (Stories, in this case.) Given that people generally form their beliefs before they have all of the facts and then rationalize the problems later, I'm probably wasting my time, but whatever. It's a hobby. A hobby is seldom wasted time.

Fresh Water has a density of 1.00 Kg/1, adding Fresh Water to the Sea Water in the Shaft would Dilute the Water Density in the Shaft, thus lowering this temporary Patch down on top of the Rupture.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, you're arguing for a waterproof patch made of tar and coconut fibers that allows salt water on one side and fresh water on the other side to exchange sodium ions in a timely manner? If I misunderstood, please clear this up for me.

Are you sure that this wasn't a typo? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. I admire humility. I do not admire insanity.

I believe that Coir Fiber was not produced in the Atlantic area during the late 17th Century, it was though traded for from the Indonesia areas during this time.

What is that belief based on?

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Again Dave!

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, you're arguing for a waterproof patch made of tar and coconut fibers that allows salt water on one side and fresh water on the other side to exchange sodium ions in a timely manner? If I misunderstood, please clear this up for me.

Are you sure that this wasn't a typo? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here. I admire humility. I do not admire insanity.

I am not arguing my case for the Depositor's design of a waterproof patch, I am speculating what this might entail!

Again, you have added to this speculation as to how fresh water could lower the water density within the Shaft.

and

Having a Patch made up of the same ions would bond better with the...Coir Fiber, Tar and Clay composites of the Depositor's ruptured Water Seal.

The Fresh Water would pass around the Formulated Patch and dilute the Sea Water enabling this Patch to sink into position to allow the Clay to be dumped on it, conforming the Patch to the rupture.

Coir Fiber is resistant to Sea Water.

Coir Fiber's History to the Atlantic Ocean.

Coconut Migration.gif

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were "water-tight" in a dirt shaft there would be too much friction for it to sink of it's own weight.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Observance!...But...I Think The Depositors...Investigated This!

If it were "water-tight" in a dirt shaft there would be too much friction for it to sink of it's own weight.

The Depositors of the Treasure of the Oak Island Money Pit...Would have tested their Hypothesis...How to Recover their Treasure from the Money Pit Shaft!...Many Times Over!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Stay Tuned...For Episode 9...Right From...My Theories!

January 15th, 2019
The Episode 9 “As Above, So Below”. One of the commentators who sounds like it is referring to the link between the constellations and the possible location of the Money Pit.
“As above so below sounds like they look at some of the constellation position similarities and relate the money pit location to Polaris, which the stone triangle marker pointed to,“There's plenty of mileage in exploring that if they want to.

https://www.econotimes.com/The-Curs...ploration-of-Smith-Cove-in-Rock-Solid-1477624

Freemason's Celestial Map March 2018.jpg

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/521750-season-4-a-61.html#post5285161

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/499961-oak-island-reconstruction.html#post4951726

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...range-bizarre-maybe-truth-19.html#post4850764

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I am not arguing my case for the Depositor's design of a waterproof patch, I am speculating what this might entail!

You're right. You were hypothesizing, not arguing for. I apologize.

Again, you have added to this speculation as to how fresh water could lower the water density within the Shaft.

Fresh water lowers the density of salt water by providing a medium of lower salinity in close enough proximity that osmotic pressure forces sodium and chloride ions from more saline to less saline. If there is another way that freshwater lowers the density of salt water, please explain it.

Also note that while it should be this simple, sometimes it's not. Fresh water can "ride" on top of seawater for a variety of reasons. This doesn't help your hypothesis, but it's worth keeping in mind when formulating one.

Having a Patch made up of the same ions would bond better with the...Coir Fiber, Tar and Clay composites of the Depositor's ruptured Water Seal.

Please describe this process in more detail. Much more detail.

The Fresh Water would pass around the Formulated Patch and dilute the Sea Water enabling this Patch to sink into position to allow the Clay to be dumped on it, conforming the Patch to the rupture.

You do know how long it would take for those waters to mix properly, right? If Oak Island (and many other islands) are to be believed based on the salinity of their water tables, it might be forever. It certainly isn't quick.

Coir Fiber is resistant to Sea Water.

Irrelevant.

Coir Fiber's History to the Atlantic Ocean.

View attachment 1664442

So you know for sure what species of coconuts that those fibers are from then? The DNA tests were finally done? I'm looking forward to reading about that. It would answer a couple of perplexing questions.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 15th, 2019
The Episode 9 “As Above, So Below”. One of the commentators who sounds like it is referring to the link between the constellations and the possible location of the Money Pit.
“As above so below sounds like they look at some of the constellation position similarities and relate the money pit location to Polaris, which the stone triangle marker pointed to,“There's plenty of mileage in exploring that if they want to.

https://www.econotimes.com/The-Curs...ploration-of-Smith-Cove-in-Rock-Solid-1477624

View attachment 1664585

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/521750-season-4-a-61.html#post5285161

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/499961-oak-island-reconstruction.html#post4951726

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...range-bizarre-maybe-truth-19.html#post4850764

I believe the "Treasure Vault" is at "Albireo" The Sir Francis Bacon Vault may be correct or it could all be at "Albireo"

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Depositors of the Treasure of the Oak Island Money Pit...Would have tested their Hypothesis...How to Recover their Treasure from the Money Pit Shaft!...Many Times Over!

What treasure? What "depositors"?

The only "deposit" on Oak Island is the seemingly inexhaustible bull poopie mine that keeps producing more and more bunkum.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What treasure? What "depositors"?

The only "deposit" on Oak Island is the seemingly inexhaustible bull poopie mine that keeps producing more and more bunkum.

There was treasure and there may still be treasure. If Lagina's want to get to the vault they will have to go Lot #28 under the Stone, Kingdom of the Kabbala Tree of Life. The hole they are investigating on Lot #24 in their next show is a tunnel all right but it is the valve to control the water in the tunnels to the treasure vault.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you know for sure what species of coconuts that those fibers are from then? The DNA tests were finally done? I'm looking forward to reading about that. It would answer a couple of perplexing questions.

What difference would a dna test make to determine the species? The species doesn't matter as there were no coconuts of any species in the Atlantic basin before 1500. A dna test of the fibres though,would be useful in proving once and for all that the material in question was indeed coconut fibre.

Cheers, Loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
What difference would a dna test make to determine the species? The species doesn't matter as there were no coconuts of any species in the Atlantic basin before 1500.

We know that there were no coconuts of any species in the Atlantic basin before 1500 because nobody saw them and wrote about it. And we know that there were no Templars in the New World because nobody saw them and wrote about it. See how that logic works?

A DNA test would tell us for sure whether those coconuts were Pacific or Atlantic. With that knowledge, we could then formulate theories about the origins of those fibers based on more than simple speculation...which is where we're at now, when you think about it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What difference would a dna test make to determine the species? The species doesn't matter as there were no coconuts of any species in the Atlantic basin before 1500. A dna test of the fibres though,would be useful in proving once and for all that the material in question was indeed coconut fibre.

Cheers, Loki

No surprise there. We know most activity in the area was post 1750.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We know that there were no coconuts of any species in the Atlantic basin before 1500 because nobody saw them and wrote about it. And we know that there were no Templars in the New World because nobody saw them and wrote about it. See how that logic works?

No, I don't, because it was a serious study by three experts on the subject that determined there were no coconuts in the Atlantic Basin before 1500. Also, in my own humble opinion there were a few Templar Knights that sailed to North America (that "New World" designation is very much overused) well before 1500.

Cheers, Loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
No, I don't, because it was a serious study by three experts on the subject that determined there were no coconuts in the Atlantic Basin before 1500.

Were those the same experts that concluded that we don't really know a lot about coconuts, or was I thinking of some other experts? I do recall coming to that conclusion myself after I dove into it, but I don't remember what the tipping point was.

In any event, we're back to attempting to prove a negative. You already know how I feel about that. I'm not sure how I would be able to prove conclusively that there were no coconuts in a given area at a given time.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We do not know? But you may think you know.

I did say "most activity". ;-). We can't prove Polynesians didn't paddle up for wood to make Tiki drink goblets in 800 AD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread