Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: “Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    429 times
    Oak Island Treasure

“Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truth is Stranger than Fiction.jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1087159

Like the majority of “Treasure Legends”, Oak Island is shrouded in “Folklore and Strange Stories”.

Logic dictates that a purpose was served with the telling of bedtime stories to children and folklore to others.

Stories like “Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc.” scared children from straying far from home, as did “Folklore and Ghost Stories” act as warnings to inquisitive searchers not to venture into areas deemed off limits.

During my research, I have come across many of these stories and would like to list some here, as “The National Enquirer” would say “Enquiring Minds Want to Know”.

Mark Twain stated "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."

It just might be that some of these “Strange Stories” are “True” and are the “Key” to unlocking the “Mystery of Oak Island”.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    429 times
    Oak Island Treasure

The "Mystery Man" of "1870"

"In 1870 a stranger appeared in the Mahone Bay area. Dark complected and speaking with an accent, he bought a sloop for $2500.00 and hired two local fishermen to sail it.

He took the boat thirty miles out to sea to a point south of Halifax.

There he took a sight on the sun and set a northwest course back to the mainland.

As the sloop approached the shore he took out an ancient chart and studied it intently.

This he kept mostly concealed from the fishermen but they reported the writing on it was something like Yiddish or Script German.

The course he set brought him not into Mahone but to St. Margaret’s Bay a few miles northeast.

He kept this up almost every day until fall and returned to repeat the performance the following spring.

Apparently he never found what he was looking for because he disappeared soon afterward.

It may be worth mentioning that modern hydrographic charts show that it is possible to sail a due northwest course into Mahone Bay and make a landing on Oak without touching any of the hundreds of other islands."

first posted 1953 by Penn Leary
    patiodadio likes this.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    19763 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    thread Moved to Oak Island Forum so people actually read it

Old Silver
    Probably not so strange that someone would show up and test their theory about the Oak Island story. But who knows.

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    6460 times
    Metal Detecting
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/44...!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

There you go. Satellite view of Oak Island.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    429 times
    Oak Island Treasure

“Oak Island Giants” may be traced to 18th Century “Irish Giants”

Name:	Oak Island - Large Shoes.jpg 
Views:	11428 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	1087182

Name:	800px-Charles_Byrne;_James_Burnett,_Lord_Monboddo;_William_Richardson;_John_Bell;_Baillie_Kyd_by.jpg 
Views:	680 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	1087183

Royal Navy Charles Byrne (1761–1783) or "The Irish Giant", lived in an area of Northern Ireland that scientists consider a hot spot for pituitary adenomas.

In a study published in today's New England Journal of Medicine, scientists in the United Kingdom looked at four modern-day Northern Ireland families, and noticed the same genetic mutation in these families as they found in the 18th-century Irish Giant.

Using DNA extracted from Charles Byrne's teeth, the researchers speculate that they could trace the roots of the Irish study participants and the Irish Giant's inherited gene mutation for gigantism to a common ancestor who lived an estimated 1425 to 1650 years earlier -- or 57 to 66 generations ago.

us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    647 times
    My work shoes (Nautilus 1800, in case you're wondering) measure 13 3/4". My flip-flops measure 12 5/8".

Am I actually an Irish giant?
    New Gold, etex, diggummup and 2 others like this.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    429 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rishar View Post
    My work shoes (Nautilus 1800, in case you're wondering) measure 13 3/4". My flip-flops measure 12 5/8".

"Dave" Have you done a recent "Genealogy Trace", maybe you "Are"!

us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    647 times
    I have, and no, I'm not.

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger too
    418 times

Guess it depends on your height.......

if you have big feet and are short.....they used to call you a Hobbit......

us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    647 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    Guess it depends on your height.......

if you have big feet and are short.....they used to call you a Hobbit......
    An excellent question, and one that I'm more than happy to answer. I'm 6'1". No one has ever called me a hobbit that I can remember.

Am I an Irish giant? The theory was that shoes larger than 12 inches in length implied an Irish giant. I merely pointed out that my shoes are longer than that, I'm not Irish, and I don't consider myself to be a giant. Let's get back to the theory though. Am I an Irish giant?

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    429 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Dan Blankenship's "Faith like a Treasure Hunter"

Name:  Dan Blankenship - Faith.jpg
Views: 6201
Size:  33.5 KB

One day a group of "Reporters" were following "Dan Blankenship" around on “Oak Island".

"Dan" has been "Searching" for the “Treasure of Oak Island” for some "50 Years".

They noticed that Dan had dug a shovel full of dirt on the Island and proceeded to dig another.

The "Reporters" started "Laughing and Ridiculing" Dan, had he not noticed how large "Oak Island" is and how long it would take to dig up the "Entire Island".

Dan answered, "Yes you are Right", but now I know that there is "No Treasure in this Shovel Full of Dirt".

Dan stated to them that there is a whole lot of work needed to be done to find “The Treasure of Oak Island” but "Only" if you aim for "Nothing" will you surely get "100% Results".
    Last edited by Robot; Dec 04, 2014 at 12:48 AM.

Charter Member

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... Deteknix Xpointer Diver.... Fisher F19
    19763 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    An excellent question, and one that I'm more than happy to answer. I'm 6'1". No one has ever called me a hobbit that I can remember.

Am I an Irish giant? The theory was that shoes larger than 12 inches in length implied an Irish giant. I merely pointed out that my shoes are longer than that, I'm not Irish, and I don't consider myself to be a giant. Let's get back to the theory though. Am I an Irish giant?
    LOL I've got size 13 shoes & am about 5' 6" & not Irish (I'm american) ,
    Not a Giant nor a Hobbit ( hobbits are between two and four feet)
    just saying to Me a "Giant" needs to be at least obviously taller then any
    "known for a fact" living Man past or present that there is a Photo & measurements of

But as You say
    Let's get back to the theory
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Dec 04, 2014 at 01:22 AM.

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3011 times
    The added emphasis on every other word is distracting but "cute"... Are you related to Rebel KGC ?
    Last edited by NHBandit; Dec 04, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
    Live Free or Die

ca
    Nov 2014
    East Coast
    50 times
    Hey Robot what do you think of a member of the Grand Lodge stating that he thinks the treasure is of Templar origin? That kind of undermines your theory doesn't it?

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links