One episode left; what do you hope to see?

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
With one episode left this season of Rick and Marty and their happy gang, what do you realistically hope to see in the last episode? Keeping in mind that The History Channel is producing a television show for ratings and advertising dollars, not to satisfy treasure hunters, per se, what would please you?

I think we all assume that we will see some sort of findings, based on the Canadian gov't's statements about artifacts being found.

I hope that we see something that gives the brothers focus in their continuing search. In other words, I want the next season to be more focused; either go all in on the swamp, or all in on 10X, or all in on the original pit. Whatever; just stop wasting time on every theory/theorist that comes along.

Personally, I hope they find something in the swamp because I think I believe the swamp is man-made, and the most intriguing question about the island is, "why would someone 'make' a swamp"? Also, there's something irresistible about watching Rick jump in the muck!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do "we" know when the Canadian govt. Found out something was found? Was it recent, which would mean it came after the end of taping for the show, or was it months ago while taping show?

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope to see if 10x hit a chamber, or a cavern. I'm sure there will be enough to ready us for next season. Anyway, waiting to see if there are riches to be had.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Something important enough to watch another season!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I would like to see something new not a rehash of failed atemps. No offence to the Blankenships but if I was going to asked advice it would not be from a 40 plus year resident and treasure hunter who has yet to produce anything. Whay I forsee invh

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope they find something of historical or financial significance for Marty's sake.

No matter what they find it will not be case-closed for Oak Island. There will be accusations of cover-ups or claims of further/deeper/older caverns and treasures for years to come.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Freemason's Treasure Vault is still intact.

treasure.jpg

That I had to say I was "Wrong"

The Treasure was not taken in 1795 by the American Freemasons and moved to Washington.

That they used my Star Map to locate the Treasure Vault and final proof was obtained allowing me to write my New York Best Selling Book "The (Now Told) Story of the Oak Island Money Pit".

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Snipes

Jan 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me a cynic but I think I know what will be found. DRUM ROLL = some human 'artifacts' not from the time we hope it is but more modern. Things that most amateur metal detectorists find on east coast everyday . Also they will find a few indicators of greater things to come. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What they'll find is a new contract for another season....

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to see old video footage of borehole 10 X possibly showing ancient tools?, treasure chest? and the remains of a dead body?

:laughing7:

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the previews it looks as if they will find sonar images of prior human occupation down there. Which is what I've been hoping for. I do not think they are going to bring anything to the surface yet. They need better divers for that.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robot, if that was true why did the kids not see the disrupted ground where the Freemasons dug to retrieve the treasure if done only a day or so before the kids found what is known as the Money Pit?
I hope they find something anything that is atleast a few hundred years old. Granted that doesn't mean there is treasure down there but it keeps the myth alive!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping they find and recover something that (A)couldn't have been in someones Pocket & lost.

(B)Something so Valuable, nobody would purchase or rent it just to scam the viewers.

(c) not something we have to wait til next season, to see, and hear about.

and (D) I hope they don't end the show with blurry footage of backfill trash
in the bottom of a hole.

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope they find something be it treasure or junk not just an empty cavern. My hats off to the two divers that went in a 27" dia hole not knowing if they could make it out again.:occasion14:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO we know they actually went in the 27'' shaft? I was doubting the guy would fit with all his gear on.. Dan Blankingship is much thinner and I thought he went down without tanks and just an air line attached to be able better fit into the shaft. Even if they clear the blockage and try to send the sonar back down they will need a diver down there to get it into the shaft..

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That girl would fit, but she got stuck in the basket, can't imagine her getting through...for her sake I hope she didn't try to attempt it!

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they find something GREAT, but if they did it would be World News from day one. Not even the History Channel could or would hold back on that kind of info . It would jump ratings from day one and not wait until the last show. I do believe they found a lot of artifacts but what. Time will tell.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, it will be an unprovable hint of something that they will promote for next season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread