ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS... I love ya brother... BUT...

He does have a point. heh
What point Franklin neglected to mention, what Diana Jean Muir discovered in that Greenville, Tennessee basement trunk, were COPIES of alleged earlier works, NOT ORIGINALS, and disposed of these COPIES after making photocopies of them, AND , most importantly, NO legitimate historian, expect, academic, etc, ever examined these COPIES to verify their validity.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My 2 cents, for what its worth, it is not the legend which is being debated, it is the so called evidence for the legend

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What point Franklin neglected to mention, what Diana Jean Muir discovered in that Greenville, Tennessee basement trunk, were COPIES of alleged earlier works, NOT ORIGINALS, and disposed of these COPIES after making photocopies of them, AND , most importantly, NO legitimate historian, expect, academic, etc, ever examined these COPIES to verify their validity.

"There is no plausible way I can imagine that twenty volumes of medieval records traveled to Tennessee without anyone noticing, or that these valuable relics survived the humid Southern climate undamaged. Also suspicious is the fact that Muir self-published her own translation without presenting the originals for preservation and analysis by professionals. After all, if they are what she says they are, every scholar would reach the same conclusion and “prove” that Sinclair traveled to America."

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never premised anyone burying anything on Oak Island, only that the dating of the coconut fibre to around the 14th century indicates the Templars were on Oak Island.
My reasoning;
There there were no coconuts anywhere in the Atlantic Basin prior to being brought there by Portuguese sailors in 1499.

"Coconut coir", a product made from coconut fibre in the area of the Indian Ocean and sold by Indian merchants was known to have been used in the Middle East during the 13th and 14th centurys through Indian trading.

The Templar's were based in the Middle East during that time with a headquarters on Cyprus late in the 13th century until the early 14th.

The Templar Grand Master was summoned from Cyprus by the Pope to Poiters, France in late 1306. de Molay left Cyprus with a large retinue of his forces and much of their treasure, more than likely with coir ropes and packing in their holds in early 1307 knowing full well of the impending trouble for his Order. Once in French port they would not have unloaded their vessels awaiting whatever trouble came their way.

In September of 1307, one month before the arrests of all Templars in France the vessels along with 2nd in Command of the Order Gerard de Villers left port never to be seen again, more than likely with large amounts of coir still on board. de Villers who is said to have been elected the new Grand Master of the Order (de Molay had been among those arrested on October 13), became the most wanted man in France shortly after this.

A few other European countries did trade in the Middle East during that period, but if they had used coir from there taken it to a home port, unloaded it and then used it for a transatlantic voyage, it would have been well recorded.

My premise; The escaping Templars spent the winter of 1307-1308 in Scotland, there is some evidence they were at Ardchattan Priory that housed a Sister Order to the Cistercian's which founded their own Order. Not necessarily part of the evidence of this but interesting is that Robert the Bruce held a Parliament at Ardchattan supposedly in 1308 or 09.
Leaving Scotland in early 1308 with a few vessels, Gerard de Villers and some of the Order, following Viking routes to Vinland landed on Oak Island where they made repairs while searching for a location to deposit some important items they carried. From Oak Island they eventually made their way around Nova Scotia to Annapolis Basin where they hid some things at a site I visited in 2009. After several letters to Nova Scotia Museums it was determined that I needed an Archaeologist to obtain a permit to investigate this site further.

Some of this is different than my earlier premise's because of new information, some of which was garnered from discussions on this and the several other Arcadia, Acadia, related forums I have been associated with.

Cheers, Loki

As far as your question concerning Henry Sinclair you need to converse with Franklin as that is within his area!

Hey ECS, I answered your questions on de Villers and Sinclair.

Cheers, Loki

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Diana Muir about the book

Diana Muir November 9, 2018 at 11:36 AM
I totally understand their skepticism. Actually I translated them before throwing them away. Someone I trusted and respected on one of the Sinclair websites told me they had to be a hoax. Otherwise the Sinclairs would have known about them. At the time I didn't know as much about Sinclair history, Orkney (had to look it up on the map!) or anything at all about Templar or Freemason History. There were entries that I couldn't understand so when someone told me they had to be an 18th century hoax, I believed them. I'd heard the stories of how the finder of the Kensington Rune Stone was maligned and how others who have found things have even committed suicide. I didn't want to be 'that' person who perpetrated the biggest hoax in history. So I threw them away... I didn't want to deal with the backlash. However, I still had the translations. I actually didn't tell Scott I'd thrown them away and kept hedging when he'd ask me for the originals. When I finally told him, he walked away for a while. It was the worst mistake of my life, but I think he understands now why I did it. Now that we've been vetting the people, events, places and references in the journals, I know they're real. Some of the the things written could only have been written if you'd been there at the time. We've yet to find any red flags although there are some things we can't prove because there are no records before 1600 in Orkney or Scotland and what few are left are very sketchy. I think as more of the journals are printed you'll see the extensive research we've done to try and identify some of the people and events.

http://scottwolteranswers.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-lost-templar-journals-of-prince.html?showComment=1541792215956#c6610344404212407550

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Muir's above statement(POST# 225) does not prove that the "copies" of alleged originals she claimed to have found are from actual real journals of Henry Sinclair, but extended fabrications from the Zeno book, which Thomas Sinclair in 1892 promoted in his zealous claim that his ancestor sailed to the New World before Columbus.
"What I can you is we have had qualified experts look at the Latin and Old English, their opinion the writing was likely copied in more recent times, most likely the 1850's"
- Scott Wolter, November 21, 2018 commenting on the language contained in Muir's photocopies of the copies alleged to be copied from the "original" source.

*NOTE* If "qualified experts" looked at the language, they would have mentioned that MIDDLE ENGLISH was spoken and written in 14th century England and Scotland, replacing Old English several centuries before .

"Some of the things written could only have been written if you'd been there at the time"-Diana Jean Muir
Some of the things? What of the "other" things?
Does that include "some things we can't prove because there are no records before 1600 in Orkney or Scotland and what are left are very sketchy"
"Sketchy" leaves plenty of room for filling in the blanks, as Thomas Sinclair was known to do in 1892 using Richard Henry Major's 1875 translation of the Zeno manuscript, where Zeno's north sea Prince Zichmni was renamed Prince Sinclair.

*NOTE* There is not one authentic contemporary medieval document that states that Henry Sinclair sailed outside of European waters, or that he was involved with the Templars beyond Hugues de Payens stay at Roslyn during de Payens 1128 visit to England and Scotland; but this brief stay has led to all sorts on conjecture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never premised anyone burying anything on Oak Island, only that the dating of the coconut fibre to around the 14th century indicates the Templars were on Oak Island.
My reasoning;
There there were no coconuts anywhere in the Atlantic Basin prior to being brought there by Portuguese sailors in 1499.

"Coconut coir", a product made from coconut fibre in the area of the Indian Ocean and sold by Indian merchants was known to have been used in the Middle East during the 13th and 14th centurys through Indian trading.

The Templar's were based in the Middle East during that time with a headquarters on Cyprus late in the 13th century until the early 14th.

The Templar Grand Master was summoned from Cyprus by the Pope to Poiters, France in late 1306. de Molay left Cyprus with a large retinue of his forces and much of their treasure, more than likely with coir ropes and packing in their holds in early 1307 knowing full well of the impending trouble for his Order. Once in French port they would not have unloaded their vessels awaiting whatever trouble came their way.

In September of 1307, one month before the arrests of all Templars in France the vessels along with 2nd in Command of the Order Gerard de Villers left port never to be seen again, more than likely with large amounts of coir still on board. de Villers who is said to have been elected the new Grand Master of the Order (de Molay had been among those arrested on October 13), became the most wanted man in France shortly after this.

A few other European countries did trade in the Middle East during that period, but if they had used coir from there taken it to a home port, unloaded it and then used it for a transatlantic voyage, it would have been well recorded.

My premise; The escaping Templars spent the winter of 1307-1308 in Scotland, there is some evidence they were at Ardchattan Priory that housed a Sister Order to the Cistercian's which founded their own Order. Not necessarily part of the evidence of this but interesting is that Robert the Bruce held a Parliament at Ardchattan supposedly in 1308 or 09.
Leaving Scotland in early 1308 with a few vessels, Gerard de Villers and some of the Order, following Viking routes to Vinland landed on Oak Island where they made repairs while searching for a location to deposit some important items they carried. From Oak Island they eventually made their way around Nova Scotia to Annapolis Basin where they hid some things at a site I visited in 2009. After several letters to Nova Scotia Museums it was determined that I needed an Archaeologist to obtain a permit to investigate this site further.

Some of this is different than my earlier premise's because of new information, some of which was garnered from discussions on this and the several other Arcadia, Acadia, related forums I have been associated with.

Cheers, Loki

As far as your question concerning Henry Sinclair you need to converse with Franklin as that is within his area!

Hey ECS, I answered your questions on de Villers and Sinclair!

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
On POST# 213 on this thread, Franklin responded that 'both" were there.
The question still remains, did de Villers along with other escaped Templars from La Rochelle sail with Sinclair to Nova Scotia, and is de Villers listed with the Templars in Diana Jean Muir's "THE LOST JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR"?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On POST# 213 on this thread, Franklin responded that 'both" were there.
The question still remains, did de Villers along with other escaped Templars from La Rochelle sail with Sinclair to Nova Scotia, and is de Villers listed with the Templars in Diana Jean Muir's "THE LOST JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR"?

De Villers is not listed with the Templars in Diana Jean Muir's books of the "Journals of Sir Henry Sinclair." De Villers could have taken an early voyage with Sir Henry Sinclair's grandfather. The Templars that died in Kensington, Minn. were on the voyage with Sir Henry Sinclair and his father in 1357 voyage. Henry was only 8 years old. De Villers most likely died in the Wymess Caves or either went to another location in France. Most likely to where the "Ark of the Covenant" was kept until the 17th Century.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do they find these "experts"... just watched and episode where they found a railroad spike and took it to some lady who proclaimed it was a Spanish "decking" spike.

This lady knows NOTHING about Spanish ship construction.

This spike was a railroad spike from 1800's if I ever saw one.

What kills me is that no one catches this CRAP.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Some of us have been kicking that around for awhile, seems some people will believe anything an “expert” says, LOL

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of us have been kicking that around for awhile, seems some people will believe anything an “expert” says, LOL

What most don't realize is... "experts" are deemed that title because they REPEAT what someone else told them OR read in a book written by someone else.

What I would like to know is... how many galleons this lady has studied... IF ANY.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
MAn they piss me off ... like an insult to intelligence.

I can PROVE in about TEN WAYS ... instantly WHY that CANNOT BE ANYTHING related to a ship...LET ALONE a Spanish Galleon like she so matter of factly proclaimed.

What a LAMER to state such idiocy.

NO Ships spikes even REMOTELY even had that head shape.
That is why I do not watch the show anymore, so tired of the BS, Roman swords, Aztec tunnels, next it will be freaking Aliens

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They have nothing new, which is why Gary D still has a job, there is always hope, as Rick constantly reminds everyone

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why cant they be like Gold Rush... and talk WHILE they work.

Sheesh...

They find a paper clip and everything stops... call everyone to huddle in circle and debate about the paper clip for an hour.

Sheesh do it after the work is done,

At this rate there will be at least 25 seasons.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Why cant they be like Gold Rush... and talk WHILE they work.

Sheesh...

They find a paper clip and everything stops... call everyone to huddle in circle and debate about the paper clip for an hour.

Sheesh do it after the work is done,

At this rate there will be at least 25 seasons.
It drove both my wife and I nuts.....they find something in an area never before searched, then they quit to talk about it.
If I detected that way, I would have years under my belt and still be looking for something other than a pull tab :BangHead:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact that gary just pulled another long spike off beach... he claims "its definitely 1700's"...

What a joke.... I mean is this guy for real ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I know this... they are in NO hurry to find anything... they ALL get paid PER episode.

Cant blame them really... I guess they are gonna milk it for what its worth.

Especially if there is no pot o gold at the end of the rainbow... gotta get something outta it all.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi . I live on a gold field and i know for fact at the so called experts ,gurus , youtubers , bloggers , and metal detecting industry cronies do not live any where near the gold fields .Simply parrot . Stuffed a few into chaff bags and thrown on the out going tide . TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread