OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is documented evidence that Templars in Scotland discarded their habits and tunics and blending into the populace.

Two of them and they were both named! How about the two that were arrested, you're not one of those that thinks those were the only Templars in Scotland are you? And remember they were not arrested by Scottish authorities!

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Of Knights Templar vessels at Oak Island of course, LOL! What about my site that I have visited?
How is that direct evidence that the Knights Templar vessels were ever at Oak Island beyond your speculation?
You do know the difference between direct evidence with supporting documentation from pure speculation with NO supporting documentation beyond supposition belief?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Many believe they started an early form of Freemasonry, but I don't know for sure, do you?
I know who created that false myth belief- Andrew Michael Ramsey, Grand Orator of Horn Lodge , Westminister with his 1737 speech that stated "Every Mason is a Knight Templar".

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How is that direct evidence that the Knights Templar vessels were ever at Oak Island beyond your speculation?
You do know the difference between direct evidence with supporting documentation from pure speculation with NO supporting documentation beyond supposition belief?

Yep, and btw, the two knights tried at Holyrood who were both English, testified their brethren had fled "across the sea"!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know who created that false myth belief- Andrew Michael Ramsey, Grand Orator of Horn Lodge , Westminister with his 1730 speech that stated "Every Mason is a Knight Templar".

I think your false myth comes from a 14th century Scottish document I have a copy of that is very much Freemason in nature. But this is a point I don't want to discuss, its more in Franklin's or Robot's area.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your false myth comes from a 14th century Scottish document I have a copy of that is very much Freemason in nature. But this is a point I don't want to discuss, its more in Franklin's or Robot's area.
You have entered this alleged 14th century Scottish document that is "very much Freemason in nature" into this discussion.
Why mention it if it is a point that you "don't want to discuss"?
Is it because it seems an innuendo that it totally unrelated to your claim on Post#305 "that many believe they (Templars) they started an early form of Freemasonry", and, by the way, who are the "many" to which you refer that believe this?

The first Freemason lodge in Scotland with hard actual evidence with still existing meeting minutes, dated July 31, 1599, and the oldest Masonic Lodge in the world is LODGE OF EDINBURGH, also called Mary's Chapel. There is no mention of Templars in these minutes concerning the formation of this first lodge.
The Templar's were grafted onto Freemasonry after Andrew Michael Ramsey's 1737 Grand Oration of "Our ancestors, the Crusaders...desired there to reunite into one sole fraternity" and "every Mason is a Knight Templar"
There is NO mention of Templars as Freemasons before 1737.
"Very much Freemason in nature is NOT the same as being a Freemason.

You are aware of Andrew Michael Ramsey's connection to Charles Edward Stuart, aren't you, and the motivation for his Templar/Freemason myth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You have entered this alleged 14th century Scottish document that is "very much Freemason in nature" into this discussion.
Why mention it if it is a point that you "don't want to discuss"?
Is it because it seems an innuendo that it totally unrelated to your claim on Post#305 "that many believe they (Templars) they started an early form of Freemasonry", and, by the way, who are the "many" to which you refer that believe this?

Lots of many, its all over the internet! But again not something I feel qualified to discuss and certainly not important to my premise.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Then why did you bring it up?
Does this 14th century Scottish document to which you refer really exist?
Is it an actual Templar document or are you just alluding that it is?
Do "lots of many" have knowledge of this Scottish document as you infer?

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The oldest document which may have a Masonic connection is the Halliwell manuscript from 1426, that is a far cry from a 14th century document.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your false myth comes from a 14th century Scottish document I have a copy of that is very much Freemason in nature.
But this is a point I don't want to discuss, its more in Franklin's or Robot's area.
Do Franklin and Robot have knowledge of this 14th century Scottish document that is "very Freemason in nature" that support your statement on Post#305 that the Templars "started an early form of Freemasonry"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do Franklin and Robot have knowledge of this 14th century Scottish document that is "very Freemason in nature" that support your statement on Post#305 that the Templars "started an early form of Freemasonry"?

Don't know. But you misrepresent my statement as usual.

Didn't you read the "I don't know for sure, do you?"

I will add to that, I don't care, not my department.

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The oldest document which may have a Masonic connection is the Halliwell manuscript from 1426, that is a far cry from a 14th century document.

That's twenty seven years by my count. Not sure what a far cry is, are you?

At any rate, I have it filed as the Regius Manuscript and Halliwell gave it a date of 1390 (14th century) which some others agreed with, although more recently I think your date has been confirmed. Personally, I don't know and don't care.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is documented evidence that Templars in Scotland discarded their habits and tunics and blending into the populace.

Only two are mentioned as such, the same documented evidence states that "others fled across the sea"!

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I think your false myth comes from a 14th century Scottish document I have a copy of that is very much Freemason in nature.
But this is a point I don't want to discuss, its more in Franklin's or Robot's area.
You alluded to a Templar/Freemason again on POST#309, then avoiding to expounding on your statements by invoking Franklin and Robot, who apparently are not responding.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's twenty seven years by my count. Not sure what a far cry is, are you?

At any rate, I have it filed as the Regius Manuscript and Halliwell gave it a date of 1390 (14th century) which some others agreed with, although more recently I think your date has been confirmed. Personally, I don't know and don't care.

Cheers, Loki

ECS, this is the document I alluded to in the post you mention. This was brought up again by Alan who seems to know quite a bit about it. As I mentioned even though I have spent time on the subject I really don't care much about it and don't have an opinion, perhaps Alan can enlighten you!

What about the Templars that "fled across the sea" mentioned in the Holyrood testimony's?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread