Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part IV

There is some evidence of a Templar presence in the Western Highlands of Scotland in about 1308. Robert the Bruce while preparing to rid Scotland of the English had a secret meeting at the small Abbey of Ardchattan in early 1308. It is said he met with a leader of one of the Western Clans, but being secret nobody knows for sure. I premise he had met with a group of Templars who had wintered at Ardchattan, more that likely to discover their intentions. At the same time a few English and Scottish Knights in the know (of the inner circle) would have shown up at the Priory.
One of the more famous photos in the Jesus, Mary Magdalene, bloodline theory is of a stained glass window in a small church on the Isle of Mull, very near to Ardchattan Priory. A photo that obviously shows a very pregnant Mary Magdalene walking hand in hand with Jesus.
There are also carved stone graveslabs in the Western Highlands that some believe represent Templar Knights. This is questioned by many detractors, who claim they only represent local Scottish Knights. Of course this may be true in part, but I have seen most of them and a few must be questioned. And one fact that gets overlooked is that they do represent an immediate change in the type and quality of the actual carvings that occurred in the very early 12th century in this area of Scotland. In other words, it seems that better qualified stone carvers showed up in the Western Highlands at the beginning of the 1300s.
There was quite a bit of Norse descent (DNA) in this part of Scotland, even within the Clan Leaders themselves. The area had been under Norse control only a few decades earlier and in 1308 they were still making a few voyages to the Greenland Settlements. My premise includes a Norse (Viking), Templar, connection at various times between the acquiring of their first houses until the Orders vessels arrived at Ardchattan. A connection that resulted in the knowledge of a water route to the Vikings Vinland. A map that today could have been drawn on a bar napkin.
With knowledge of a new navigation tool not available to the Vikings, the cross staff, giving them the ability to determine latitude accurately they would, in my opinion, have left for Vinland in early summer of 1308. The ships were already some 14 years old and the longer they would wait the older they would get, and there was also the possibility of discovery by English or even French authorities.
The routes the Norse had used for some three centuries contained no over water legs of longer then around 250 miles, even to the settlement on Newfoundland.
During the heyday of these legends detractors have always maintained that Templar vessels could not have made these voyages as they couldn't carry enough water and the vessels themselves could not take the rough seas of the Atlantic. But with only 250 mile legs, I posit water would not be a problem and their seaworthiness had already been well proven after years in the Mediterranean.
Certainly the Vikings had made this same voyage in vessels even smaller then the Templar galleys 300 years earlier.

(Vinland, blue apples) cheers, Loki

Hi.October 31 2019 , Media release from the 95,000 litre water cistern and connected irrigation tunnel built by the Crusaders beneath the Port City of Acre. Archeological institutions digging this location are saying there no evidence of treasure or secret tunnels to escape from the port . Second they clearly state that Templars didnot get married or have children Quote ' Salacious Tales of Templar Monks . More wild fantastic conjured stories.

TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Property Management at the Site of The Battle of Bannockburn in last 3 year Archeological found no evidence of Templars . Also there are are 5 Templar Temples in England and 1 IN Scotland that handed over in 1307 .The ruins and a couple of complete structure exist today for all to see. So 80 % of all Templar Activity was in England not Scotland . Fail to mention this or just misleading members TP

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for publishing that again (your post #381). I should add that the only word I would change is "galleys" to "vessels" as the use of the word, galleys, had become almost generic in the Mediterranean during that period.

I don't know where I wrote that Templars were married or anything about an irrigation tunnel or any other secret tunnel. Again thanks for the repost, but you are still seeming to be personally attacking me.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Clearly stated a few times that the East Coast North of Edinburgh by 1309 was in the Control of those loyal to Robert the Bruce . Clearly the Bishop of Saint Andrews ,castle and port were still loyal to the English until 1310. More incorrect facts to mislead members.TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for publishing that again. I should add that the only word I would change is "galleys" to "vessels" as the use of the word, galleys, had become almost generic in the Mediterranean during that period.

I don't know where I wrote that Templars were married or anything about an irrigation tunnel or any other secret tunnel. Again thanks for the repost, but you are still seeming to be personally attacking me.

Cheers, Loki

I beg your pardon .Clearly if a Archeological dig at the port of Acre which clearly the starting of this treasure legend are saying other wise .How am I attacking you.TP

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Property Management at the Site of The Battle of Bannockburn in last 3 year Archeological found no evidence of Templars . Also there are are 5 Templar Temples in England and 1 IN Scotland that handed over in 1307 .The ruins and a couple of complete structure exist today for all to see. So 80 % of all Templar Activity was in England not Scotland . Fail to mention this or just misleading members TP

Umm, I really don't have a role in the Bannockburn argument other than to write that it is possible some Templars were with Robert Keith. In Scotland the Templars owned more than a hundred properties and don't forget Marycutler on the River Dee. I don't believe I ever knowingly lied to members!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I beg your pardon .Clearly if a Archeological dig at the port of Acre which clearly the starting of this treasure legend are saying other wise .How am I attacking you.TP

I don't think I ever mentioned any kind of dig at Acre. Why are you continuing with this?

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, Clearly stated a few times that the East Coast North of Edinburgh by 1309 was in the Control of those loyal to Robert the Bruce . Clearly the Bishop of Saint Andrews ,castle and port were still loyal to the English until 1310. More incorrect facts to mislead members.TP

Now you are directly calling me a lier, we are done, good bye!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi The UK Defense Department , Battle Field Archeological Unit can be contacted for English Details of the Battle of Bannockburn . TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm, I really don't have a role in the Bannockburn argument other than to write that it is possible some Templars were with Robert Keith. In Scotland the Templars owned more than a hundred properties and don't forget Marycutler on the River Dee. I don't believe I ever knowingly lied to members!

Cheers, Loki

Hi ,Merely pointed out from the Class 1 Medieval Templar Ruins that exist today clearly show that Templar activity was rather more in England that Scotland . Try using the bigger picture rather than selecting the bits .TP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if there was a whole carnival of Templars in Scotland for centuries from 1,000 AD to 1,500 AD it still is no evidence of any Templar contact or visitation to Canada, Nova Scotia, Oak Island or any portion of the Eastern Atlantic coast.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even if there was a whole carnival of Templars in Scotland for centuries from 1,000 AD is to 1,500 AD it still is no evidence of any Templar contact or visitation to Canada, Nova Scotia, Oak Island or any portion of the Eastern Atlantic coast.

All I need is a couple of dozen of the thousands that went missing before October 13, 1307 to man a couple of vessels of the many that also disappeared in 1307.

I have always noted historian Helen Nicholson's account of Templars escaping to Scotland and taking part in some of the Bruce's battles. She claims that there is no mention of French speaking Templars in Scotland.
We do know that many would have actually come from England and even the French members in an international organization would certainly be well versed in both languages. As a matter of fact during normal times, just like any military unit they were known to have been transferred back and forth.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I need is a couple of dozen of the thousands that went missing before October 13, 1307 to man a couple of vessels of the many that also disappeared in 1307.

I have always noted historian Helen Nicholson's account of Templars escaping to Scotland and taking part in some of the Bruce's battles. She claims that there is no mention of French speaking Templars in Scotland.
We do know that many would have actually come from England and even the French members in an international organization would certainly be well versed in both languages. As a matter of fact during normal times, just like any military unit they were known to have been transferred back and forth.

Cheers, Loki

Hi ,I beg your pardon yet again . Media release of the book by Robert Ferguson on his Templar theories at The Battle of Bannockburn get public scorn from expert Helen Nicholson Saturday 5th December 2009 The Scotsman .
TP

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
French was the language of Court in England at the time (11th - 14th Centuries)...Richard I did not speak one word of English. English did not become that widespread until the time of Edward the IV.
The "common folk" spoke English, actually not far removed from a corrupted form of Danish, Frisian, and some Gaelic thrown in.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,,The universal language at the time was Latin . TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cheers, Loki

Hi Helen Nicholson ' 19th Century Fantasies' TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi New Cocktail Scotch Templar 2 shoots of Johnny Walker Scotch Whisky 2 shoots of Creme De Menthe Fill tall glass with Coconut Milk . Stir Add to Acorns

Cheers TP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Cheers, Loki

OK, lets say we have a fleet of French Templars loose in the Atlantic in 1307. In the fall and in vessels available at the time. They have to run the gauntlet, unobserved, past the outposts of Denmark/Norway that would allow "hopping" in spurts across the North Atlantic. Denmark and France were at peace but hardly chummy in the 1300's; Denmark having annexed Normandy from the French not much before then. And the Danes were pretty good about keeping track of records and voyages. There would likely have been some mention or remains.

It should be noted that Erik the Red, with arguably the most capable European seamen of the time, set out with 25 ships to settle Greenland and only 11 of those ships made it. And he had been there once before and knew where he was heading. The North Atlantic is a harsh place even still.

PLUS - a "straight shot" would have been into the current and into the prevailing winds.

There's a reason Columbus landed far south and off the coast of America.
ecef27905c146352ae4334b03c8fc968.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK, lets say we have a fleet of French Templars loose in the Atlantic in 1307. In the fall and in vessels available at the time. They have to run the gauntlet, unobserved, past the outposts of Denmark/Norway that would allow "hopping" in spurts across the North Atlantic. Denmark and France were at peace but hardly chummy in the 1300's; Denmark having annexed Normandy from the French not much before then. And the Danes were pretty good about keeping track of records and voyages. There would likely have been some mention or remains.

It should be noted that Erik the Red, with arguably the most capable European seamen of the time, set out with 25 ships to settle Greenland and only 11 of those ships made it. And he had been there once before and knew where he was heading. The North Atlantic is a harsh place even still.

PLUS - a "straight shot" would have been into the current and into the prevailing winds.

There's a reason Columbus landed far south and off the coast of America.
ecef27905c146352ae4334b03c8fc968.jpg

I have always premised an April 1308 start from Scotland. A good friend of mine just sailed on the last viking ship to make the voyage, The Draken Harald Harfagre, a couple of years ago, I met her and the vessel in Bay City. The ship had left Norway in April. She also sailed on it from Quebec City to Mystic Seaport where it spent that winter. What a great experience don't you think?

In the early 14th century the route was being sailed constantly using the Island hopping method, which was north of your depicted currents. Eric was several centuries earlier when the route was allegedly unknown.

Columbus was looking for the latitude of India and a warmer route.

Actually many who propose this voyage have them sailing from La Rochelle following that same latitude to Nova Scotia, I don't!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread