My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The average age that the Oak Island coconuts were picked seems to be around the early 13th century, which had to have happened in either the Indian or Pacific Basins.
It is a known fact that Arabs used coir manufactured by Indians from coconut fibre, in the Eastern Mediterranean.
How did it get to Oak Island?
It may be a "known fact" that Arabs used coir manufactured by Indians, but your unsupported speculation that Templars brought it to Oak Island is a manufactured fairy tale fantasy.
No one, including you, friend Loki, know "how did it get to Oak Island".

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...As for the alleged voyage, you also know for a fact that a voyage did occur, whether from La Rochelle or some other French Port, Knights Templar vessels went somewhere.
Remember, no one has come close to explaining the 'coconut fibre' on Oak Island dated to the 14th century.
Perhaps you more intelligent posters can get the administrators to kick us dummy's off, then you wouldn't have to read this junk!
Considering that the Templars did have galleys, they obviously made voyages, transporting pilgrims and trade goods, but that does not prove the Templars sailed across the Atlantic in these galleys to Nova Scotia.
It is true that no one, including you, Loki, "have come close to explaining the 'coconut fibre'", nor is the 14th century dating conclusive or considered as accurate.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Capt Kirk was there

D2C606F4-E201-4984-91A2-0CE7F9DFD03F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It may be a "known fact" that Arabs used coir manufactured by Indians, but your unsupported speculation that Templars brought it to Oak Island is a manufactured fairy tale fantasy.
No one, including you, friend Loki, know "how did it get to Oak Island".

I know the Templars are the most likely choice, with Ability, (ie, based for 200 years where coconut fibre 'coir' was readily available and definitely used on vessels) Motive, (ie, after sailing back to France, needing to escape France, and wishing to remain hidden) Opportunity,(ie, having at least five of the most modern and fairly new Venetian vessels with all of their vessels escaping France including those recently arriving from the coconut fibre rich Eastern Mediterranean).

Oh, and Beta Analytic does consider their range of dates accurate.

Process of elimination, if not them, who?

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the Templars are the most likely choice, with Ability, (ie, based for 200 years where coconut fibre 'coir' was readily available and definitely used on vessels) Motive, (ie, after sailing back to France, needing to escape France, and wishing to remain hidden) Opportunity,(ie, having at least five of the most modern and fairly new Venetian vessels with all of their vessels escaping France including those recently arriving from the coconut fibre rich Eastern Mediterranean).

Oh, and Beta Analytic does consider their range of dates accurate.

Cheers, Loki

Loki, One half of those ships or 9 of the total went to Scotland, maybe all 18? Do not really know as they later recovered another of the Knight Templar's treasures from France and carried it to Scotland and then to the New World a couple of centuries later. The first shipment of treasures took 7 ships to haul it. The later one took 8 treasure galleys. And I am quite sure there were at least 3 more before the 7 in the 14th Century. The 3, the 7 and the 8 make 18 ship loads of treasure. Over 5 1/2 ship loads were recovered and loaded onto 3 larger ships in the 18th Century. There are still 12 1/2 ship galleys of treasures not recovered of the 14th Century size of ships which carried cargo about one half of the 18th Century Ships.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pick anyone. Scandinavians, Polynesians, Chinese, Australian Aborigines (who, after all, had to be seafaring folk 60,000 years ago to get to Australia).

I defy you to prove it wasn't any group I mentioned above.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Loki, One half of those ships or 9 of the total went to Scotland, maybe all 18? Do not really know as they later recovered another of the Knight Templar's treasures from France and carried it to Scotland and then to the New World a couple of centuries later. The first shipment of treasures took 7 ships to haul it. The later one took 8 treasure galleys. And I am quite sure there were at least 3 more before the 7 in the 14th Century. The 3, the 7 and the 8 make 18 ship loads of treasure. Over 5 1/2 ship loads were recovered and loaded onto 3 larger ships in the 18th Century. There are still 12 1/2 ship galleys of treasures not recovered of the 14th Century size of ships which carried cargo about one half of the 18th Century Ships.
Is Diana Jean Muir the source of this highly questionable account that you have presented as fact?
Also, didn't you mention that you possessed an inventory list of this treasure and were going to post it and its source as evidentiary proof that these alleged treasures actually were deposited on Oak Island and/or Nova Scotia.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pick anyone. Scandinavians, Polynesians, Chinese, Australian Aborigines (who, after all, had to be seafaring folk 60,000 years ago to get to Australia).

I can pick them apart one by one, who is your first choice? Although I do believe the only choice of your four that is viable would be the Scandinavians. I would have thought Venetians would have been one of your picks.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember, no one has come close to explaining the 'coconut fibre' on Oak Island dated to the 14th century...
Yes, Loki, we all remember that, but sometimes it seems that you are the one that forgets that with your pick and choose "facts" and the other test that were conducted of that small coconut coir sample that disprove the 14th century dating.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, Loki, we all remember that, but sometimes it seems that you are the one that forgets that with your pick and choose "facts" and the other test that were conducted of that small coconut coir sample that disprove the 14th century dating.

There were at least 5 tests of at least 4 different samples, maybe more!

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That absolutely proves nothing concerning Templar involvement, or as you put it," no one has come close to explaining the 'coconut fibre' on Oak Island".
Even Franklin's elaborately retailed but highly questionable account on Post# 466, dies not mention your coconut coir as being important.
Incidentally, Loki, does any of your research collaborate with what Franklin posted?
If there is NO outside collaboration by reputable professional historians that will confirm any of the information in aforementioned POST #466, then that information is a fictional speculation that lacks real substance beyond one's imagination.
This is why it is so critically important to cite the source when one claims to be presenting fact.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can pick them apart one by one, who is your first choice? Although I do believe the only choice of your four that is viable would be the Scandinavians. I would have thought Venetians would have been one of your picks.

Cheers, Loki

Actually my first choice is erosion control matting placed sometime in the first half of the 20th century, possibly later. ;-) Though "not coir at all" is running slightly ahead.

And, re: Franklin, I'm betting that 1/2 ship never made it across the Atlantic.

Blub, blub.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually my first choice is erosion control matting placed sometime in the first half of the 20th century, possibly later. ;-) Though "not coir at all" is running slightly ahead.

And, re: Franklin, I'm betting that 1/2 ship never made it across the Atlantic.

Blub, blub.

The ship load of treasure buried on Oak Island was buried in two separate locations. One of the treasures was recovered in the North Cove. The other 1/2 load of the ship's treasure was left due to water.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The ship load of treasure buried on Oak Island was buried in two separate locations. One of the treasures was recovered in the North Cove. The other 1/2 load of the ship's treasure was left due to water.

Is there any actual academic acceptance by the professional community that any treasure was buried on Oak Island by anyone or group beyond the fictionalized pseudo history created by Ruh, Halpern, Muir and promoted by Scott Wolter?
If such real verification exists from the professional academic community, please cite the source.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I have to wonder about your motives with this statement Charlie. Using as an example Polynesians, Chinese and Australian Natives having sailed to Nova Scotia in the 13th or 14th century (a distance of over 20,000 miles with a rounding of Cape Horn) being more likely than a few Europeans with capable vessels, escaping at the very least prison and torture by sailing from island to island across the Atlantic (a trip that had already been made many times and well documented btw). At least the Scandinavians would have been a possibility although again not as likely having not traded in the Eastern Mediterranean that late, with no reason to have sailed directly from there to the Western Atlantic.

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That absolutely proves nothing concerning Templar involvement, or as you put it," no one has come close to explaining the 'coconut fibre' on Oak Island".

I have! A few Templar vessels arrived there in 1308 with coir lines (lines is sailing talk for ropes), packing, sleeping mats and ect., parked at Oak Island for an unknown amount of time repairing vessels, perhaps even scuttling some beyond repair, while planning their next move. The coconut fibre dating is evidence of this.
If not how did the coconut fibre dated to before the mid 1300s by the reliable Beta Analytic, get there?

Cheers, Loki

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have! A few Templar vessels arrived there in 1308 with coir lines (lines is sailing talk for ropes), packing, sleeping mats and ect., parked at Oak Island for an unknown amount of time repairing vessels, perhaps even scuttling some beyond repair, while planning their next move.

Cheers, Loki

and not being seen by anyone, complete fantasy......

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
and not being seen by anyone, complete fantasy...
...Don Ruh's Canadian Templar ship discovery claim and the fleet of Templar treasure ships mentioned by Franklin, lacking any legitimate verification and/or documentation, also are included the that classification.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread