OAK ISLAND - JUST A THOUGHT

crazy kracker

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2015
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 w an Eagle Eye Treasure Hound. I also use a Viper Hybrid Trident.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't read all the threads here about Oak Island, but here's a thought.

Maybe Oak Island had a much higher elevation in the past, as does most other land around it. I'm guessing the Mi'kmmaq Indians knew there was a well on the island and told others who hid something in the bottom and then used the higher elevated land to bury it.

While at the same time putting flood channels in and using Cocoanut fiber as a filter to stop most debris from filling the well in. This would have made the depth easily obtainable while putting "marks" every ten feet (man made) and flood channels in at the same time. I also wonder if the whole island has been metal detected. I imagine there's been plenty of people on this island over the many years of history on this island. Just a thought.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think the swamp may have been made from "whoever" using the dirt from there to build up over at the Money Pit area... and that is why at some point we hear that the ocean used to run thru there and really it was 2 smaller islands..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think the swamp may have been made from "whoever" using the dirt from there to build up over at the Money Pit area... and that is why at some point we hear that the ocean used to run thru there and really it was 2 smaller islands..

the legend they are using has expired i think.

the strange similarities were of Jamestown to me, how the original map was like the shape of the swamp

View attachment 1115162

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread