The Pillar in 10-X

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently put together screen grabs from season 1 episode 1 and quickly realized I was looking at the 14" thick pillar that they were talking about showing up in the sonar images. This image is approximately the first 40" of the pillar. This thing is sitting approximately 4.5-5 feet horizontally from where the 27" opening comes into the cavity.

pillarpastedtogether.jpg

It appears to have some sort of statue strapped on to it's right (southward facing side). There is also some sort of glass or crystal staff leaning against the pillar. The top of the staff can be seen in this photo-

topofstaff.jpg

Here is a shot of the top portion of the pillar from about the 4 foot level up to approximately 7.5 feet. Also obviously pasted together. Notice that there is no straps and no statue on the higher portion.

upperpillarcroppedtogether.jpg

What do you all think? For those still holding on to the hope that there is nothing in 10-x, how does a 550 lb plus pillar wind up in 10-x standing straight up if it wasn't put down there when it was dry 220+ years ago?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or, is it a well casing? Like the one behind Dan Blankenship in this image.

dan1.gif

OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting theory Charlie, but the thing down in 10-x looks to be approximately 14" X 10" and is rectangular not circular. It also has many unusual details on it that don't really identify it but they do set it apart from a well casing. Here is an image of the pillar from the sonar composite that they showed in the season finale. The sonar guy said that it is 14" thick and is floor to ceiling. I have outlined in green what I think is some sort of statue strapped onto the bottom of the pillar. Not sure if it is a statue or something else but it is more than just barnacles or random growth. The red thing is the camera hanging in the cavity.

sonarscanstatue.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wouldn't be barnacles in fresh water. More likely rust and accretions. The sections in the upper shaft were pretty bad shape.

21486d1377558679t-rennes-le-chateau-refresher-triton-alliance-oak-island.png

The "staff" probably a piece of ladder or rail and the "straps" the welds to join pieces of the casing or other milling marks.

I just am looking for the simple answers.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS - a "glass or crystal" staff underwater would look pretty much like the surrounding water but with more refraction.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Invincible theory launched with the Spear of Destiny I am sure

What was there? An old Templar Column like in the Chambers under the Rennes Le Chateau?

It looked like a series of stacked steel rings on the column, from exactly what you said it was Charlie, a steel coring tube, and the rod seemed like another smaller shaft of some sort, maybe an old stone core dropped into the hole there, or a piece of steel that was painted?

That area was cored to hell and back numerous times.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1122244

This was also photographed on the show,

They say this is the gate of hell, the stone there is seen blocking the entrance.

I was joking about the face as that is a feature of rock that becomes face like at that angle in the cross section

the circular depression with plug seems to be left in place as a covering to a lower level? maybe?

anyways if the column is anything of a statue there in the front near the rod, then its of this

View attachment 1122245

i finish this Daemon Guardian off at midday, Blue Apples,

Or Check Mate

Last edited:

TailGunner

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't be barnacles in fresh water. More likely rust and accretions. The sections in the upper shaft were pretty bad shape.
Has it ever been determined if the water is ground water, sea water or a brackish mix?

14" diameter sounds large for a dropped core. Can a core be that long? Are there any reports of a core drill that large and a core lost by falling into a void? I know other drillers reported breaking into caverns. The "straps" could be softer material between the harder rock strata that have dissolved over time. The "statue" looks like a mineral growth attached to the column. Any geologists in the room?

Bright lights show strange things under water. The "staff" could be a string that caught the light just right or even an icicle of fresh water in freezing sea water. Talk to ghost hunters that see orbs that are just insects and lightening bolts that are just a spider web.

Short version? The brothers and we, the interested public, need more information.
Take a water sample and verify if the chamber is connected to the sea.
Get a better camera. Find a university that wants to show off their technology & get free publicity.
Show your audience a little respect. You don't have to spoon freed us last weeks high points to prime us for tonight's disappointment.

Theorize, test, analyze, repeat.

Good luck and God bless.

OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has it ever been determined if the water is ground water, sea water or a brackish mix?

14" diameter sounds large for a dropped core. Can a core be that long? Are there any reports of a core drill that large and a core lost by falling into a void? I know other drillers reported breaking into caverns. The "straps" could be softer material between the harder rock strata that have dissolved over time. The "statue" looks like a mineral growth attached to the column. Any geologists in the room?

Bright lights show strange things under water. The "staff" could be a string that caught the light just right or even an icicle of fresh water in freezing sea water.

You just came up with by far the best explanation I have heard for what the staff is likely to be. An icicle, although the water down there is unlikely to be anywhere near cold enough it can't be ruled out because it certainly looks icy, and it is translucent (you can see right through it in many spots).

OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the great definition in this pic of the left side of the top strap. This is very much a man made item, not secretion or anything random.

strapsofpillar.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would an icicle sink?

"Great Definition"? Looks like welds on a pipe/well casing; as I said.

OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would an icicle sink?

"Great Definition"? Looks like welds on a pipe/well casing; as I said.

A triangular shaped weld?

In regards to sinking ice. I don't know why it would. Why a quartz crystal staff would be down there might be even more difficult to explain.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, the three rings around the circunference of the iron pipe to the left of the rust/accretion.

Aumouth

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, interesting picture in your post. To my untrained eyes, the "pillar" looks like blocks stacked to form a pillar and what you call "straps" actually looks like mortar between the blocks. The "statue" looks eerily like this angel but from the other side prospective.
517.png

Search Abdiel Angel images and have a look.

Last edited:

shafergdady1

May 24, 2013
NE FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked as a tube/pipe welder for many years and also working on different types of directional boring rigs I can say without a doubt what you are seeing is a piece of welded pipe. That being said the "growth" on one side is curious. Rust and or barnacles would not grow on one side in that sort of pattern. Also what has me stumped is the angular base that the pipe is sitting on. The "staff" in question is inconsequential in a photograph like this surrounded by floating debris.

dabbott2

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, this looks like welding joints or steel strapping from a previous core drill, and is the most likely explanation. However, didn't Brian Abbott say in the season finale that the column did not display "harmonics" that would indicate it is metal, and therefore he concluded that it was wood? One final thing: see attached video from Blankenship. You can CLEARLY see a column in this video. Do you feel that the column found in the season finale is the same one that Blankenship found? See the link below.

OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having worked as a tube/pipe welder for many years and also working on different types of directional boring rigs I can say without a doubt what you are seeing is a piece of welded pipe. That being said the "growth" on one side is curious. Rust and or barnacles would not grow on one side in that sort of pattern. Also what has me stumped is the angular base that the pipe is sitting on. The "staff" in question is inconsequential in a photograph like this surrounded by floating debris.

Shafer, please do post a photo of a welded pipe that looks anything like this when you get the chance. Not saying it is not so, but I won't believe it without seeing a photo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John421

Dec 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, this looks like welding joints or steel strapping from a previous core drill, and is the most likely explanation. However, didn't Brian Abbott say in the season finale that the column did not display "harmonics" that would indicate it is metal, and therefore he concluded that it was wood? One final thing: see attached video from Blankenship. You can CLEARLY see a column in this video. Do you feel that the column found in the season finale is the same one that Blankenship found? See the link below.

Good points! The thing showing in that youtube video is completely round, and has other properties that I do not want to get in to yet. It is not the thing I pointed out above because the thing above is distinctly rectangular shaped on the bottom, and it has very rough surface features, where the thing from that video is completely smooth. I have literally looked at hundreds of stills of the thing in the video you posted (I have scrutinized all the youtube vids) and it shows no sign of having a squared edge in any of the stills. It is one of the most unusual things that I have seen in 10-x, and I have seen a lot! The upright post that Brian talked about in the finale was indeed said to possibly be wood and not metal, although I have reason to believe it may be neither. I did think the pillar I posted as the first pic in this thread, was the same object Brian pointed out, as they are both squarish at the bottom, but after heavily scrutinizing that footage from season 1 episode 1 as well as the sonar imagery I have concluded that they are most likely not the same object either. I also have to add that as I have scrutinized every aspect of the 10-x footage I have come across 4 or 5 things that makes me absolutely certain that the show producers are by far holding back the best images, and I believe they have very food reasons for doing so. I now am 100% sure that there are man made things down there that have been down there for at least 200 years. When I started with all the image analysis I have done I was less than 50% certain that anything significant was in 10-x.

Aumouth

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would stone display "harmonics" like metal? I was thinking the column could be stone.

Also does anyone else see an "angel" figure on the column or is it just me? Looks to me like an angel figure with wings down and hands out, similar to the image I posted earlier. I only mentioned Abdiel angel simply because that was the main statue image in google images that had wings down, arms out as it looks to me. I'm not religious and I'm not suggesting that abdiel is the only angel in that pose or that has anything to do with any of this, just the main image I saw that resembled what I thought could be on the side of the column.

I also thought it could be a human body tied to the column as well but I would hope not...

Let me also state that I have not done any research on Oak Island, I only heard the story as a kid and found it interesting. When the show came on, I searched the Internet for more info and found myself here where the stories are way more interesting than the tv series.

If I had to guess, I would say the tunnels were built many centuries ago by miners mining gold(or fools gold unknowingly) or other minerals and from the looks of things, the free masons may have taken advantage of the tunnels that remained. There is an unbelievable amount of evidence of masons in the vacinity. That's just a WAG though, please don't stone me. LOL, I love this forum.

dabbott2

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good points! The thing showing in that youtube video is completely round, and has other properties that I do not want to get in to yet. It is not the thing I pointed out above because the thing above is distinctly rectangular shaped on the bottom, and it has very rough surface features, where the thing from that video is completely smooth. I have literally looked at hundreds of stills of the thing in the video you posted (I have scrutinized all the youtube vids) and it shows no sign of having a squared edge in any of the stills. It is one of the most unusual things that I have seen in 10-x, and I have seen a lot! The upright post that Brian talked about in the finale was indeed said to possibly be wood and not metal, although I have reason to believe it may be neither. I did think the pillar I posted as the first pic in this thread, was the same object Brian pointed out, as they are both squarish at the bottom, but after heavily scrutinizing that footage from season 1 episode 1 as well as the sonar imagery I have concluded that they are most likely not the same object either. I also have to add that as I have scrutinized every aspect of the 10-x footage I have come across 4 or 5 things that makes me absolutely certain that the show producers are by far holding back the best images, and I believe they have very food reasons for doing so. I now am 100% sure that there are man made things down there that have been down there for at least 200 years. When I started with all the image analysis I have done I was less than 50% certain that anything significant was in 10-x.

Interesting, John. It still looks to me like its a steel casing, but I'm fascinated by other possibilities as well. Now I'm wondering why they would show video footage in season 1 episode 1, that relates to the season finale in episode 2! It's almost like the work was done several years ago during filming and they are editing it to stretch out the narratives, and the season. Finally, if the column as shown in your great picture work isn't the same one that Brian Abbott was analyzing at the bottom of 10-X, what is it video of, and which hole?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread