Flooding Canals

mtroj

Feb 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm pretty new to learning about Oak Island and the what all has been done there. I'm completely fascinated by what I've learned so far, and look forward to learning that much more. My question is, has anyone tried or considered using underwater robotics to go down the canals that continue to flood the pit? I know at some point in the past, a worker poured red paint down it, and it came out in three different points around the island. If they are at different levels, would it make sense to try and go down them with a camera to find out at which depth they are? Also, is it possible to maybe seal those canals to prevent further flooding? Just some thoughts. Thanks!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome.

No one has actually connected the "canals" to the pit.

And the problem with "sending a robot into the pit" is that the location of the original pit is lost to history. They did put dye in Borehole 10X in 1995.

The "canals" have recently been proposed to have been salt drying pits dug in 1753 by the Island's original owner - Gifford & Smith Fisheries of New York - for use in preserving cod. (And whom "Smith's Cove" is named for). Dennis King's article on the "Finger Drains"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions