Expected types of clues

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
... assuming that there WAS a shaft dug there before all the treasure hunters showed up.

Well there is other evidence on that island to add plausibility the idea of a original shaft found by McGinnis and his two friends but I would say that the "Cave-In pit" seems to collaborate the idea of sub-terrain excavations that were man made and was documented.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen, May I ask just what was the shaft dug for, if not to stroe something of value ?

My belief...It's a "False Trail"...Look in the stories of "Enoch" from the seventh generation from Adam. Enoch created a underground vault consisting of 9 chambers one on top of the other and the bottom vault contain a triangle of gold with each side equal in length. It was encrusted jewels and contained the name of God on it. The top was covered with a flat stone so he could gain access...But also within the stories of Enoch, The angel Uril had taken Enoch to where the earth and heavens were completed (the West) and was shown a great hole in the earth where the 200 fallen angels were kept. Look to Dante's Inferno which was based on the hell described by Enoch, 9 circles of hell and the bottom being a lake where the sinners are frozen in ice and tormented by the devil.

What deadly sin would you say is demonstrated with the Money Pit? I'm gonna say "Greed" or "Avarice", so now look what was at the 9th level or platform of the money pit, a stone tablet encoded telling you to dig just a little bit farther. So the greed of man pushes him to dig farther and "wha-lah" your soul is tormented by a never ending body of water keeping you from your desire. Look at the carvings at Rosslyn Chapel, there is the display of the "Seven Deadly Sins", the tiles that represents "Avarice" or "Greed" and "Envy" are reversed in order. It was the "Envy and Greed" greed of King Phillip IV of France that lead to the restructuring of the Templar's. Look at the "Apprentice Pillar" it has a lot of answers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread