Expected types of clues

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hola treasure 1822

I have many few Photographs of markings from imprisoned Templars from a deep dungeon that was later sealed up for centuries in France.

acient templar graffiti.jpg

ingravings s.jpg

underground passage into dungeon.jpg

chateau of chinon Jacques de molay graffitti s.jpg

Kanacki

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Interesting, judging from what I can make out their posibly religious in nature. What I am really looking for is peoples expectations. What would you expect to find.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
That really is funny. You sweep aside real evidence, for "expectations"!
Smithbrown, No, the "FUNNY THING" is you "Jumping to Conclusion". I never said they were not Templar symbols. What I am asking is for people opinions on their ability to determin a Templar symbol. Not translate it but actually look at a symbol and say I believe that to be Templar. A simple enough question with a specific reason.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Think about it, King Phillip of France was able to capture, torture and kill over 50 Knight's Templar. Do you think with all that he could have got one of those 50 or one later on to help him? I believe the Templar's would have figure that out. Even better then that, I bet they counted on that. I said it before, they gave them something else to follow.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't think anyone would hide something and then leave clues. Templar or otherwise.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I wouldn't think anyone would hide something and then leave clues. Templar or otherwise.

Man kind has done that for ages. Now a days man kind leaves the "Clues" in the care of a "Lawyer" to be delivered at time of death. Think about it, say you had some information that you wanted someone to know but didn't want them to know about until after your death. How would you tell them? Better yet, how about telling them after your death but not trusting anyone. How would you do it?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
#1 If there was someone I wanted to have something I would tell them where in the house or on my property it was - because I would not put anything valuable where I couldn't keep an eye on it.

#2 I would give it to them while I was still alive (you can't take it with you).

#3 If I am expecting to use it but instead die suddenly - well then it would be where I could get to it pretty easily and keep an eye on it (see #1) and might not be marked at all.

#4 If I am fleeing Democrats and have to leave the country suddenly but expect I may not live to return when society stabilizes THEN I might squirrel something away and mark it. But that is the opposite of what the stories indicate happened at Oak Island. Someone would have had to bring something valuable there, bury it mind boggling deep, and then abandon it.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
#1 If there was someone I wanted to have something I would tell them where in the house or on my property it was - because I would not put anything valuable where I couldn't keep an eye on it.

#2 I would give it to them while I was still alive (you can't take it with you).

#3 If I am expecting to use it but instead die suddenly - well then it would be where I could get to it pretty easily and keep an eye on it (see #1) and might not be marked at all.

#4 If I am fleeing Democrats and have to leave the country suddenly but expect I may not live to return when society stabilizes THEN I might squirrel something away and mark it. But that is the opposite of what the stories indicate happened at Oak Island. Someone would have had to bring something valuable there, bury it mind boggling deep, and then abandon it.
Okay, now apply some of the contributing factors to the Templar's at that time to your plan of action.

#1 Everyone your going to tell is a "Templar" so they are the primary target to the King of France. So you will entrust a secret of that caliber to a possible torture victim of the crown who can possibly reveal under duress the location. Now "keeping a eye on it" is okay but remember that the King of France was not digging holes looking for the treasure. He would be looking for someone who would lead him to it....YOU...

#2 Again, Your a Templar so you will only give it to a Templar so who ever you give it to is being sought after. I believe that falls under "Passing the Buck".

#3 You are now a Templar so the treasure is not your to squander and better yet, maybe it is not mere gold or silver to waist meaning that you have taken it upon yourself to deny
the rest of the world possible a gift from God. That would not look too good on the pearly gate resume.

#4 HAHAH, I like #4...Okay, What is the first deadly sin? Greed....What can Greed do? Blind people to whats around them....The funny thing about stories is that it is subject to interpretation by both the teller and listener. The first and foremost job to a person hiding something valuable is to keep it from being found and keeping it intact. To a person of military strategy the understanding of diversionary tactic is incredibly important to the possible victory. The only story that is important is the very fist story, Daniel McGinnis and his two friends find a circular depression in the ground and a out reached branch over the depression that had a groove cut into it like it was worn in by a rope. From that alone, one can determine that whom ever created it was not worried about someone finding it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, at some Knights Templar meeting in 1307 . . .

"OK, guys, here's the plan. I know you all took a vow of poverty; but lets forget that and empty the treasury. First, we load all our treasure up into ships. Then we go west until we run into China or India; or maybe even discover a new continent. Then we dig this really deep hole. And nobody drops NUTTIN. No fires, cook-pits, broken tools, NUTTIN. Then we come back to France and get burned alive."

No wonder they disbanded.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
So, at some Knights Templar meeting in 1307 . . .

"OK, guys, here's the plan. I know you all took a vow of poverty; but lets forget that and empty the treasury. First, we load all our treasure up into ships. Then we go west until we run into China or India; or maybe even discover a new continent. Then we dig this really deep hole. And nobody drops NUTTIN. No fires, cook-pits, broken tools, NUTTIN. Then we come back to France and get burned alive."

No wonder they disbanded.

Ummm...Yeah, okay the original Knight's sent by France had taken a vow of poverty, The Templar's evolved into a a very wealth organization. So you might want to refresh on you information. The Templar's did not remove their treasure for personal gain either. They had relocated it to remove it from the reach of the Monarchy. You do not give the Templar's a lot of credit for being intelligent, the voyages of the Vikings were known to them' so it is not so far of stretch to believe that they could have made the voyage themselves. What would make you believe that they dug the hole on Oak Island, It very well could be a sink hole like others believe, and all they did was utilize it. The last, who said they came back? Have you not heard of the lost Templar colony that Giovanni Verrazzano was looking for when he named the eastern coast of North America "Arcadia". You Know why the Filled in the Money Pity? To keep people like you busy....Proverbs 14:15 :The Simple believe every word. The intelligent gives thoughts to their steps." And never Jump to conclusions.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't keep me busy at all. It's a glacial sinkhole as far as I can tell that has been pestered for almost two centuries with no results.

Whatever the Templars may have had has been scattered for centuries.

But I will revise my views if evidence is produced from the Pit. Maybe in another 200 years?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all, here's a general type of question. What type of "Clues" or "Symbols" would you expect to find associated with the "Templar Treasure"?

The clues that the Inner Circle of the Knights Templars left were found in the little Church dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene at Rennes le Chateau, France. They are in the form of what has become known as the Shepherdess Parchment and are very easy to follow.
What they lead to are some of the religious artifacts they had unearthed in Jerusalem in the early 12th century. As for their great treasure, It may or may not be included.
To answer one posters question, they were always bound by a vow of poverty personally, but the order itself became very rich.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My former father in law farmed made and sold sasuage and moonshine all for ca$h. He never had a bank account and when he passed away he had a list in his wallet of about 8 locations where he hid all his $.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Doesn't keep me busy at all. It's a glacial sinkhole as far as I can tell that has been pestered for almost two centuries with no results.

Whatever the Templars may have had has been scattered for centuries.

But I will revise my views if evidence is produced from the Pit. Maybe in another 200 years?

I agree that it is a glacial sink hole that the Templar's had found and the used it for nothing more than a "False" path, but ask yourself why? Look at it this way, you just said the answer "been pestered for almost two centuries with no results". What was the Templar's reasoning for the "Money Pit", to keep people from looking elsewhere. The order of the Templar had not disbanded, they had removed their Templar Cross and Armor and hid within plain sight blending into the populous. Everything that the Templar believed in had to be hidden, they had no idea on how much King Phillip knew of their order. Remember they had gotten Templar Knight's to admit to being league with "Lucifer" so nothing of the "OLD" way could be counted on. The reinventing of their identity was not about changing their beliefs but it was about changing people's perception if any of their secrets got out. The "Templar's" had to cease to exist, and a new secretive order take their place for their beliefs to survive. Why is the number 7 considered a holy number? Why is the 7th degree of Freemasonry the degree of the Royal Arch" Could it be because of the Master Architect who designed the true Royal Arches was of the 7th generation of "Adam". The father to "Methuselah" and the Grand father to Noah. "Enoch" was favored by God for his devotion, and was given a gift which was the ability to speak the language of the birds or language of the angels. To mortal man the only way one can learn the language of the birds or Angels is to die. So in the initiation of a Freemason what is the purpose of the striking of the initiated member with a mallet? Is it to represent the death needed to be given the ability to speak a secret language that only the masons would know?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why? Easier answer is: no Templars. No treasure . . . period.

No evidence of "Seven Levels" under the Solomon's Temple/mount in Jerusalem, either.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Why? Easier answer is: no Templars. No treasure . . . period.

No evidence of "Seven Levels" under the Solomon's Temple/mount in Jerusalem, either.

Now that is a open minded person! Now is this based on the same level of investigative insight that said there was no "Giant Squid" or the "Coelacanth" was ex stint And who said anything about seven levels under Solomon's Temple? You are going to tell me that 7 is "NOT" considered a holy number and is not used throughout the bible? So you are saying that the use of symbolism was unimportant to a Templar even though they wore the symbol of "Christianity" upon them or that they had taken a vow of "Poverty" by your words, for what? To reduce the headaches of dealing with the IRS? Seems to me that "Symbolism" was a major part of the identity. You see Oak Island as 200 years of wasted efforts looking for something that no longer exist. I see it as 200 years digging in the wrong spot on the right Island.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't say "wasted efforts looking for something that no longer exists." I maintain it never existed to begin with. It's just a natural depression. No treasure.

Certainly not Templar. At least not on this side of the Atlantic. Might they have cached what they felt to be holy relics? Sure. In Europe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread