The "Enochian" Theory

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FACT: The ORIGINAL KT were of the ROMAN CATHOLIC Faith weren't they...? The ORIGINAL 9 Knights were in Jerusalem... correct...? WERE to "patrol" the ROAD to Jerusalem, for the "Faithful"...? BUT! The 9 MAY have found something under Solomon's Temple; WHAT...?

There is no way 9 knights could patrol the roads in Jerusalem, besides the fact that most of them were vowed to peace Cistercians.
Also, evidence exists that shows these first Templars were excavating under the alleged Temple Mount during their first decade.
One thing that does get forgotten in all of this is that the Templar Knights were always a devoted Catholic Order. If looking for artifacts in Jerusalem, they were working for a relic hungry Church. The questions are, what did they find, and did they find anything they didn't turn over to the Church?
Cheers, Loki

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is no way 9 knights could patrol the roads in Jerusalem, besides the fact that most of them were vowed to peace Cistercians.
Also, evidence exists that shows these first Templars were excavating under the alleged Temple Mount during their first decade.
One thing that does get forgotten in all of this is that the Templar Knights were always a devoted Catholic Order. If looking for artifacts in Jerusalem, they were working for a relic hungry Church. The questions are, what did they find, and did they find anything they didn't turn over to the Church?
Cheers, Loki

AGREE!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Open water distances; Shetlands to Faroes- less than 250 miles, Faroes to Iceland- less than 250 miles, Iceland to Greenland- less than 250 miles, Greenland to North America- less than 250 miles.

To get across the Atlantic from Shetland to Oak Island in 1,000 "water" miles would require a lot of dragging the ships overland. It's 2,716 miles by air in a "straight" (great circle) route.
route.png

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To get across the Atlantic from Shetland to Oak Island in 1,000 "water" miles would require a lot of dragging the ships overland. It's 2,716 miles by air in a "straight" (great circle) route.
View attachment 1169819

Maybe you missed my "open water distance". This means water crossing with no land in sight which was what the Vikings themselves used. After the open water crossing sailors would navigate near land using established land based landmarks. Of course if the weather was good a longer open water segment could be used which would result in a shorter overall trip.
I don't believe I mentioned dragging the ships overland anywhere.
Because of the limited navigation tools and lack of ability to carry much water this was the preferred route of the Vikings (Norse).
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotcha.

And the Norse had a very useable method of determining latitude with solar sights in about the 9th century or earlier. So, presumably, if they were aware of a location they could sail to and from it without relying on landmarks. Now there is even speculation that they used a polarizing, transparent mineral found in Iceland and Scandinavia called "cordierite" that would allow you to find the sun's position even when obscured by heavy clouds.

Amazing people. The world's a marvelous place even without wild legends. ;-)

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
The only thing on this that I will question is the Templar's working for the church. I believe they were working for their beliefs. From what I am reading I am find more and more about the Templar Order geared at the "Old Testament". It stands to reason to, the Templar Knight's did not pledge their vows to the "Church" or to "Christ". They had pledged their vow's to "God". Does anyone realize that the Great Pyramid of Giza is referred to as "Enoch's Pillar". Enoch had foreseen the coming of God and his ten's of thousands "Holy One" to battle those who offend God. I am really questioning if the Templar's believed themselves to be those "Holy Ones". That in itself would mean that they to only answer to God and not the church.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I though it was known as The Pyramid of Khufu. ;-)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theorized by whom? The facts were recorded by the very diligent Egyptians who kept exhaustive records. Would he also have "designed" the other 120 or so known pyramids throughout Egypt, some much, much older than the Great Pyramids?

And why did the Egyptians, who recorded everything, list the original step pyramid designer/architect as none other than Imhotep (not the same guy as in The Mummy movie). He gets universal acceptance as inventor and "designer" of the stone pyramid structure. He's the first architect in history recorded by name that can be linked to a specific work. He died in 2,950 BC, about 380 years before Khufu and that largest pyramid tied to him, but you can see in a series of smaller ones Imhotep built the trials and failures of his design process. The Giza pyramids were done late in the pyramid building era.

The real stuff is fascinating.

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha.

And the Norse had a very useable method of determining latitude with solar sights in about the 9th century or earlier. So, presumably, if they were aware of a location they could sail to and from it without relying on landmarks. Now there is even speculation that they used a polarizing, transparent mineral found in Iceland and Scandinavia called "cordierite" that would allow you to find the sun's position even when obscured by heavy clouds.

Amazing people. The world's a marvelous place even without wild legends. ;-)
The route to north America was well established long before , the early people(Norse, Orkney) island hopped to Iceland, Greenland, and eastern Canada. This knowledge was passd on to the Templars who were desperate to move there wealth and secrects out of Europe as they were being persicuted. They might have deposited it at Oak Island and moved it shortly after. Just my simple theory.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Theorized by whom? The facts were recorded by the very diligent Egyptians who kept exhaustive records. Would he also have "designed" the other 120 or so known pyramids throughout Egypt, some much, much older than the Great Pyramids?

And why did the Egyptians, who recorded everything, list the original step pyramid designer/architect as none other than Imhotep (not the same guy as in The Mummy movie). He gets universal acceptance as inventor and "designer" of the stone pyramid structure. He's the first architect in history recorded by name that can be linked to a specific work. He died in 2,950 BC, about 380 years before Khufu and that largest pyramid tied to him, but you can see in a series of smaller ones Imhotep built the trials and failures of his design process. The Giza pyramids were done late in the pyramid building era.

The real stuff is fascinating.

Let me reiterate, "It's not about weather "Enoch" actually built the "Great Pyramid of Giza", it is not about proving he existed at all. It is looking at the possibility that a group knight could form a brotherhood and base it's system of belief's on a piece of scripture that predates "Christianity". The Orthodox in Ethiopia knew of "Enoch" before the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

Now, since you did bring up the issue of the "Egyptians" and "Imhotep" as the builder because they were such diligent record keepers.....What leads you to believe that what was written was the truth? Judging from the temple's, statues, sarcophagus's, hieroglyphics the early Egyptians kings and other higher officials were kind of full of themselves. Do you believe that they would give credit where credit was due? Actually you don't see anything written about anyone else other then the Pharaoh's and their High priests back then so really the "Truth" was subjective to what they wanted people to believe. Now by making the statement "Would he also have "designed" the other 120 or so known pyramids throughout Egypt, some much, much older than the Great Pyramids?" are you saying that "Imhotep" designed all of those or are you saying it was proprietary and no one else could design them? just sayin.....it all fall's back to the "Mr. Peabody Way Back Machine/Speculation" factor....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a question of accumulated evidence. The surviving papyrus, stone carving fragments and "graffiti" in temples and tombs give clues and pieces that, when compared, lead to a body of evidence.

You'll never be able to prove that such a person as the Biblical "Adam" ever existed. Right on up through King David. There is, last I knew, no historical or archaeological evidence that King David ever existed. Much like Oak Island - Jerusalem has been "shuffled" so many times the evidence is gone. The Egyptians, on the other hand, had a knack for preservation.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
It's a question of accumulated evidence. The surviving papyrus, stone carving fragments and "graffiti" in temples and tombs give clues and pieces that, when compared, lead to a body of evidence.

You'll never be able to prove that such a person as the Biblical "Adam" ever existed. Right on up through King David. There is, last I knew, no historical or archaeological evidence that King David ever existed. Much like Oak Island - Jerusalem has been "shuffled" so many times the evidence is gone. The Egyptians, on the other hand, had a knack for preservation.

I am not trying to "Prove" anyone existed, I am trying to prove that the Knight's Templar utilized him in their beliefs. And as for the "Body of Evidence" in Egypt, the "Truth" was what ever the Pharaoh's or High Priest wanted it to be. What happened to anyone who spoke out to a Pharaoh or High Priest? Look throughout their history, no bad remarks about the Pharaoh's of Egypt or of the High Priests? Everybody content......

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be. I know very little about what the "real" Knights Templer used that was other than the Old and New Testament. The reassembled Knights Templer (post 1737) were created about the same time as modern Freemasonry, and who knows how that relates to anything of pre 1310 or so practice.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're reading a lot into the brief mention. This is from Young's Literal Translation - which I like because it doesn't have the "spin" of other translations.

Gen 5:21 And Enoch liveth five and sixty years, and begetteth Methuselah.
5:22
And Enoch walketh habitually with God after his begetting Methuselah three hundred years, and begetteth sons and daughters.
5:23
And all the days of Enoch are three hundred and sixty and five years.
5:24
And Enoch walketh habitually with God, and he is not, for God hath taken him.

Modern translation: "Enoch walked around talking to himself when he was 365 years old and one day he never returned. We never found his body."

That's all the "conventional" Old Testament says about Enoch. No abductions. No architecture. Just a few lines in the begats and begots section of Genesis.

Completely off topic from Oak Island I know, but I have always wondered if there was an astronomical significance to these dates given for folks' ages..... it has been done before by many cultural groups to explain the "wanderers" in the sky, seasons, eclipses, solstices, etc.

Last edited:

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The late Dr. Hugh Schonfeld took the word "baphomet", applied the atbash cipher to it, and the word translated into Sophia, which is "wisdom". It was mentioned, in Inquisition Records I believe, that certain Templars worshipped a head known as Baphomet. So they incorporated the principle of wisdom into their ceremonies. Sophia is feminine. I think it is also important to remember that the Templars utilized arab scribes and judging by the type of "chequing" system they introduced for example, it is not unreasonable that they would have come into contact with Islamic thought and cultural ideas that became a part of their order's practices and beliefs. That's what happens when divergent cultures meet sometimes. The Templars were never dissolved in Portugal. They just became the Knights of Christ. Prince Henry the Navigator was one of them. We know the Portuguese were here in Nova Scotia before the French - Champlain clearly mentions it in his diaries. Arabic maps were far more advanced during that time than anything being produced in the European arena. It is difficult to NOT see threads here.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Suffice it to say that I firmly believe this "New World" of North America was never "new". Just who was here and when is the crux of the matter for me. The settled parts of Canada were such bargaining chips in the wars between England and France that any previous claims or even evidence of a former old world presence would most definitely have been discarded or outright refuted. That's the way history gets written - by those who win. That does not mean it is the truth however. Just sayin'

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The late Dr. Hugh Schonfeld took the word "baphomet", applied the atbash cipher to it, and the word translated into Sophia, which is "wisdom". It was mentioned, in Inquisition Records I believe, that certain Templars worshipped a head known as Baphomet. So they incorporated the principle of wisdom into their ceremonies. Sophia is feminine. I think it is also important to remember that the Templars utilized arab scribes and judging by the type of "chequing" system they introduced for example, it is not unreasonable that they would have come into contact with Islamic thought and cultural ideas that became a part of their order's practices and beliefs.

"Baphomet", first appeared in a 1098 crusaders letter; "As the next day dawned they called loudly upon Baphomet, and we prayed silently to our God..."
Cheers, Loki

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The late Dr. Hugh Schonfeld took the word "baphomet", applied the atbash cipher to it, and the word translated into Sophia, which is "wisdom". It was mentioned, in Inquisition Records I believe, that certain Templars worshipped a head known as Baphomet. So they incorporated the principle of wisdom into their ceremonies. Sophia is feminine. I think it is also important to remember that the Templars utilized arab scribes and judging by the type of "chequing" system they introduced for example, it is not unreasonable that they would have come into contact with Islamic thought and cultural ideas that became a part of their order's practices and beliefs. That's what happens when divergent cultures meet sometimes. The Templars were never dissolved in Portugal. They just became the Knights of Christ. Prince Henry the Navigator was one of them. We know the Portuguese were here in Nova Scotia before the French - Champlain clearly mentions it in his diaries. Arabic maps were far more advanced during that time than anything being produced in the European arena. It is difficult to NOT see threads here.

Well, I thought the HEAD was the skull of John the BAPTIST; teaching from BOOK of JOHN has Gnostic "tint"...

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Rebel, the Templars were noted to have had more than one bust in their possession. What is intriguing for me is what Dr. Schonfield deciphered from the word "baphomet" and he was recognized as one of the leading Jewish scholars on the Essenes for example, among other groups. Now as to the Pillar of Enoch and Imhotep and the like, it is not at all unusual for a group to rename a monument and claim it as their own by putting one of their own people's names to it. Moses came out of Egypt and probably with him came ideas that became absorbed into early Judaic thought in a way that became acceptable to his people. In order to make a practice, a belief, acceptable to one's own people, the people need to see the link and what better way to do that than ascribe the building of a monument to one of their ancestors. I don't know if that's what happened, but it wouldn't be the first time in history that it did!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread