Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think she lied? There are photos, Yes? And, as far as I can tell, nobody here has read John Bear Macneil's book.

As I mentioned earlier, I have always premised a small fortress at New Ross (Charing Cross), built by only a few men. Where or when this became a full blown Medieval Castle site, I don't know. I also only premised a small number of vessels on Oak Island, two or three (and yes the nail is a railroad spike, I am very much into railroad history)!

Cheers, Loki

Joan Harris's sketch of the castle that was there had 5 guard towers and 2 pillars at the entrance gate.....set in the shape of the tree of life.
Walls 4' thick.One of the towers had a 12' inside diameter.She claimed too have measured a distance of 390' between 2 of the towers.

A castle of this size would need a formidable foundation or footer.

I have seen one picture of what looks like a rubble type of footer/foundation but it only appears to be about 4' wide itself meaning that if it is a foundation there was not a 4' wall built on top of it.I have not seen where she described the full dimensions of this foundation.I see where she mentions and sketched a "GREAT" foundation that runs thru the middle of her castle with no explanation of what purpose this might serve.

If you want to shrink the structure that "may" have been there down to something like the size of a blacksmith shop with a couple out buildings.You will get no arguments from me

BUT if we are going to disregard Joan's work about the size of what she thought she had found is it OK to disregard other things she claims or is this her only mistake?

Last edited:

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
In Joan's work there are several "possible" castle diagrams that she proposes based on what she felt she had found. I don't think it is accurate to use just one of those sketches as her sole and final conclusion. Also, at least one of her drawings suggests an almost completely wooden structure that would not require such a massive foundation.

It seems to me that her writing consists greatly of 1) here's what i found 2) here's what that could be. In other words she seems to suggest conclusions based on what she thought she was finding. I agree that she was quite convinced she had found a "castle". Whether her interpretations or "castle" conclusion is accurate is up for debate.

Personally, I think it is still an open question what history may have occurred at New Ross/Norembega/The Cross/Charing Cross!

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the real world in treasure hunting. We do just what we are told to do when we locate anything we think is of historical value. We call Heritage and they come in and look at what we have :BangHead: Ya that never happen. They say they have been to New Ross many times over the years and found nothing :icon_scratch: yet they never been on site when I was in town. Now they are to busy and the Museum has other sites to work at. They tell me I can not look for treasure or artifacts and I am to stop looking. Yet when we scan the land to track gold we find things just laying on the land. They say there is nothing of historical value in the area and we are not allowed to look for anything . Nothing is here and stop looking for anything:tongue3:. OK so now we hire our own archaeologist to check out our site then have them report back to Heritage:BangHead:. Its no wonder things never get done in New Ross.
The new owner of Joan's house is working faster then we can keep up with him , I think he wants to get rich quick :dontknow: I had to slow him down for now until we talk. WE should be back on site in July.

Sounds like what you did throw out there has been rejected.Much like the Civil War artifacts you found in Pa that the earliest possible item was a bottle dating 1880.

If you want to prove a castle was there uncover the foundation it is the only way to prove existence and also the cheapest.

If a TV show is the actual treasure you are seeking continue on with your mystic lines of energy and underground vaults angle.That would allow for many hours of filming with very little digging and lots of explanations when you don't find anything.Good luck if this is your goal but there is a show already with this basic premise called Curse of Oak Island.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am done posting on this site , But I am still here to keep check on some of you. Mess up LOOSERS and my little friends will turn you all into Leprechaun Fairies. View attachment 1398063 View attachment 1398065 I will only do PM to members that give their right name's and info.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finderkeeper is on time our for insulting members. Everyone in this thread knows TNet rules, warning anyone that finds they can't follow them will lose the right to post at all..

November 9, 2016 A New Future

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Finderkeeper is on time our for insulting members. Everyone in this thread knows TNet rules, warning anyone that finds they can't follow them will lose the right to post at all..

November 9, 2016 A New Future

This is probably a dumb question, is a time out the same as a ban. Also, if it isn't, can Finderkeeper still receive a pm.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1397353 View attachment 1397354 View attachment 1397355

Castle remains discovered under Gloucester Prison's exercise yard

These are the type of remains you need to be finding to show proof of a castle once standing in New Ross.Notice the huge difference in these photos compared to the very few that were taken by Joan Harris.

Sketches of what she thought she found are much more numerous then actual photos.

How is a "Castle Remains" article featuring a brick foundation? That's a little more modern I would think....

Here's Joan Hopes Foundation pic of the area of New Ross before it was all dug up.....

castlemound.jpg

Foundations.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More obvious layouts were found as well of building walls with separate quarters shown

17th c. Mansion wide - sepia.jpg 17th c. Mansion - Sepia.jpg

These were all taken down and then were covered over.....leaving only the Well and the Herm Stone

Which was as if it was a tombstone of the site....a signature showing its similarity to the blueprint of Rennes Le Chateau and the Chapel of Mary Magdalene.

All Templar Architecture and French of its origins......

This is all public knowledge of its existence and is online.

Finders Keepers is really the one that has taken the research out of the hands of the Leprechauns and made sense of a lot of the info present.,.....

why else did they try to make TWO documentaries of his sites? Its hot....something is there.....

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
More obvious layouts were found as well of building walls with separate quarters shown

View attachment 1398359 View attachment 1398360

These were all taken down and then were covered over.....leaving only the Well and the Herm Stone

Which was as if it was a tombstone of the site....a signature showing its similarity to the blueprint of Rennes Le Chateau and the Chapel of Mary Magdalene.

All Templar Architecture and French of its origins......

This is all public knowledge of its existence and is online.

Finders Keepers is really the one that has taken the research out of the hands of the Leprechauns and made sense of a lot of the info present.,.....

why else did they try to make TWO documentaries of his sites? Its hot....something is there.....

Like Mulder I want to believe ... something is there ...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad that the crooks at Hoax Island are trying to bring in heat to cause problems for Finder's Keepers....and the people prodding him constantly here too.

This makes two distinct sets of idiots from History Channel shows trying to make a hostile takeover of another researcher's sites....

And of course this is all to be able to confiscate anything they find to attach to their own sites, all using shotty research to falsify the origins of this site...

The mainstreamers all wanna push the Sinclair Version of the story.....so Templar to see the Scavenger Sinclair testifying against the Templars and then making off to find their locations....

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the remains of stone holding pens to me for cattle, sheep, etc...

To narrow of footing to be much more than a stone fence...

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is a "Castle Remains" article featuring a brick foundation? That's a little more modern I would think....

Here's Joan Hopes Foundation pic of the area of New Ross before it was all dug up.....

View attachment 1398356

View attachment 1398358

If those are photos of a foundation it is no wonder the castle that was at New Hope fell over.

Is 12th century more modern then the castle that was supposed to be at New Hope?
It says 12th century in the very first line if you had read the article I liked to ...which you obviously didn't before reaching a conclusion.

Here is another article that says experts are dating it 1110.Possibly the very first castle built using stone for walls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...buried-beneath-prison-s-BASKETBALL-court.html

You might want to do some reading about that site.....some of the legends of that castle are great fodder for King Arthur and Ark theory inventors.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say bored kids and hippies, or foundations for woodsheds to keep the footers off the damp ground would be the "mainstream" solution.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the other things in the pictures,like the nearby fenceposts, the table/workbench, it gives scale to the footings themselves....Some appear to not be over 8 to 10" wide, and some are single small stones layed out in a row.

I don't know how they build up there, but even rock fences down here have wider footings if you want it to stand up over a month or two, the basic formula being for piled rubble, which these appear to be...1/2 to 2/3rds of the height of fence in width at footing, so a 4' foot rock fence would have a 2' to 3' base, depending on rock used it could be even wider, round, flat, angular, etc...

I see nothing there that would make much of a fence, much less a castle...

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gayla's Straberry Moon.jpg

Oot Man
have ya not knowledge of Lambing Pens ?

Hang on , here's a Photo we can say is an Alien .

what say ye ?

Alien or Not ?

just a Test of sorts .

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Those stones don't appear to have been worked. I don't see evidence of mortar either. Interesting.

Are these pictures representative of the rest of the ruins?

For those of you that think that this used to be a castle from the middle ages (or any other age, really), have you looked into how a castle is built? Do these pictures look like that to you?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oot Man
have ya not knowledge of Lambing Pens ?

Aye. And how the kilt replaced the trousers as it got so the sound of the zipper would stamped the sheep.

One of our Shetlands and her lambs. ;-)

DSCN1614_zpswuprevfc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread