Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Hi Dave, What I call a 3D scan is a picture that will show us the size and shape of anything underground. KellyCo tried this on the Oak Island show but it did not work because of the magnetite stones they found. We have them at our site to. Ground Radar will not work at our site because of the high grade clay. The only tool they used in Nova Scotia is with sound waves, its called Seismic Survey or Reflection Seismology. It gives a great 3D picture but it cost $15,000 to have it done. I have a company in Ohio that I use and they can get me the 3D image I need but to have them travel to Nova Scotia they said figure on $6,000 for the first day then $4,000 each day after. To get a 3D image of something that is 90' down, is not easy at this site. We only need the 3D Image of the well and down under. We have the tools to drill and scan the tunnels and voids that are closer to the surface.

Ah. We had a different understanding of the term then.

Please note that I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I remember the discussion that we had about a year ago regarding radiation on the site, and what your guy told you. I was a bit vague at the time because...well, let's be honest here, I was giving you rope to hang yourself with. I will be a bit offensive now and opine that the guy that you hired to run the radiac was a frigging idiot and did not know what he was doing, based on my own experience and qualifications. (Apologies for not following up on that sooner, but I really did forget about that conversation until today. I did, and do, have a lot on my plate, so my apologies for that.) If someone told me what he told you, I wouldn't have paid the a-hole. I was concerned that something similar was happening here, but the whole reflection seismology thing is outside of my expertise and over my head, so I have to assume that your guy knows what's going on in this case.

The radiac guy though? Never hire him again for anything, ever.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Hi Dave, What I call a 3D scan is a picture that will show us the size and shape of anything underground. KellyCo tried this on the Oak Island show but it did not work because of the magnetite stones they found. We have them at our site to. Ground Radar will not work at our site because of the high grade clay. The only tool they used in Nova Scotia is with sound waves, its called Seismic Survey or Reflection Seismology. It gives a great 3D picture but it cost $15,000 to have it done. I have a company in Ohio that I use and they can get me the 3D image I need but to have them travel to Nova Scotia they said figure on $6,000 for the first day then $4,000 each day after. To get a 3D image of something that is 90' down, is not easy at this site. We only need the 3D Image of the well and down under. We have the tools to drill and scan the tunnels and voids that are closer to the surface.

Please note that I'm not trying to be offensive here, but I remember the discussion that we had about a year ago regarding radiation on the site, and what your guy told you. I was a bit vague at the time because...well, let's be honest here, I was giving you rope to hang yourself with. I will be a bit offensive now and opine that the guy that you hired to run the radiac was a frigging idiot and did not know what he was doing, based on my own experience and qualifications. (Apologies for not following up on that sooner, but I really did forget about that conversation until today. I did, and do, have a lot on my plate, so my apologies for that.) If someone told me what he told you, I wouldn't have paid the a-hole. I was concerned that something similar was happening here, but the whole reflection seismology thing is outside of my expertise and over my head, so I have to assume that your guy knows what's going on in this case.

The radiac guy though? Never hire him again for anything, ever. Seriously, it's helpful advice.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Dave , I am sure you know everything about treasure hunting and everything else but I have no idea of what you are talking about on this post. Radiac guy , what are you talking about. If you are talking about James that was on our TV show with the Long Range Locator then you know nothing about Long Range Locators. To use a Long Range Locator on site there are many things that can set them off and give the wrong info. Weather, clouds, air pressure, temp, electronics including cell phones , sound equipment, cameras , recording equipment. So when he did our show he went in a day before to get his readings then on the day to film he redid everything for the camera and yes it look fake but James is the best at what he does. He said their was gold at the well site and he was right thats why we now own the mineral rights there. He said their was a chamber under the well and again he was right, only we thought it was 20' down and it was 90' down. If this was the radiac guy you speek of then you know nothing about Long Range Locators.

The radiac guy though? Never hire him again for anything, ever.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
OK Dave , I am sure you know everything about treasure hunting and everything else but I have no idea of what you are talking about on this post.

I don't know everything about treasure hunting and everything else (or even anything else) but I know what I know and I know what I don't know, so I sometimes ask questions. Please bear with me.

I was talking about the problems that you had with electronics and radiation. For the record, if there was enough radiation in the area to interfere with your electronics, you and I would not be having this conversation right now, as you would be at best very sick today, but more than likely dead. (Needless to say that the entire area would be uninhabited, as any settlers would have died off fairly quickly.) That's why I asked about it. This is something that I know something about, although not everything unfortunately.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...on-two-nov-4-2014-9-00-pm-30.html#post4299558

As for the 3d scanning, I was under the impression that you were talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner

This sort of thing obviously requires local access to a site, which of course would require a hole anyway - hence my question. You seem to have been using the term in a different context. That is why I was confused. We appear to be talking about two different things, so that issue has been partially resolved. My apologies. What exactly are you talking about in this context?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK the radiation is under New Ross and in the drinking water, there are signs in town not to drink the water. The people in New Ross have many health problems to. At the time we did the show we did not know about the uranium at the site and nothing about the magnetite stones every where. Then we had the high grade clay. It was just luck that we were able to locate the objects we did. After many trips with other treasure hunting equipment we found what works best. It takes more than one tool of the trade to be sure what's down under before a dig. When we get 2 or more hits from other detectors or tools of the trade then we dig. I am still not sure about the radiac guy you talked about, was he on the show. Everyone did a great job and that's why we are still there. The Film crew made us look bad. Me and Scott Wolters had many words ( yelling, fights ) ya they wanted us to say things we did not want to say, then they had scrip for us to say, Ya that went over good, I do not fake digs or do scrip and Scott went crazy after the first few hours of filming. Note after then I do little talking and let my crew get their say. Ya we got screwed and look bad on the show but in the end it was Scott that got screwed. We moved the drilling rig to another area and he got pissed, we drilled in a area were their was no void and he couldn't do anything about it , I paid for the drill rig and I had the permit to check out this site . Scott thought we did find the Templar Treasure and he had plans to dig it up when the office of Heritage closed. I would of gone to jail. Greed step in. He was selling the book and movie rights while we were still filming. Ya that went bad to. So who screwed who. I am still there and we plan to continue our work and dig this spring and Scott Wolters and the History Channel will not be their. Sorry I get pissed when I think about the way they made us look, we are honest hunters that will not dig and run. This site has a lot to say and I will spend the money and time to do what I can to get to the truth.

I don't know everything about treasure hunting and everything else (or even anything else) but I know what I know and I know what I don't know, so I sometimes ask questions. Please bear with me.

I was talking about the problems that you had with electronics and radiation. For the record, if there was enough radiation in the area to interfere with your electronics, you and I would not be having this conversation right now, as you would be at best very sick today, but more than likely dead. (Needless to say that the entire area would be uninhabited, as any settlers would have died off fairly quickly.) That's why I asked about it. This is something that I know something about, although not everything unfortunately.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...on-two-nov-4-2014-9-00-pm-30.html#post4299558

As for the 3d scanning, I was under the impression that you were talking about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_scanner

This sort of thing obviously requires local access to a site, which of course would require a hole anyway - hence my question. You seem to have been using the term in a different context. That is why I was confused. We appear to be talking about two different things, so that issue has been partially resolved. My apologies. What exactly are you talking about in this context?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
OK the radiation is under New Ross and in the drinking water, there are signs in town not to drink the water. The people in New Ross have many health problems to. At the time we did the show we did not know about the uranium at the site and nothing about the magnetite stones every where.

How do you know that it's uranium? I found a reference from the government regarding bad groundwater in the area, but they mentioned radon, not uranium. Granted, this is fairly superficial research. It's entirely possible that the radon that's crapping up the groundwater is being produced by uranium deposits. (It's almost always produced by uranium deposits, but what I mean is that it's being produced by uranium on its own, and not just granite and such that tend to contain uranium.)

Just out of curiosity, what are people doing for water there? If the groundwater is too hot to drink, I sure as hell would not want to wash, brush my teeth, or cook with it. Even flushing a toilet would be inadvisable. This is not bacteria that we're talking about. Boiling does not kill it, and while it's bad in liquid form, it's worse when airborne. That's for both radon and uranium, but particularly uranium. The idea of someone taking a nice hot shower with contaminated water in a closed bathroom makes me cringe from a radiological point of view.

I am still not sure about the radiac guy you talked about, was he on the show.

I never saw the show in question. I'm merely working off what you said in the other thread...namely, that your guy operating the Geiger counter stated that the radiation levels were screwing up your electronics. I'm merely saying that if the levels were that high, your crew would probably have died, and no one would be living in that area right now. Whatever it was, it wasn't radiation. Granted, this sort of stuff isn't exactly common knowledge, but it's easily found via the internet, so it's not necessarily obscure either. This makes me wonder about how qualified the person operating the Geiger counter was to survey the site. It takes very little training to turn on a Geiger counter and listen to the clicks and/or look at the display, but it takes a bit more knowledge to know what they're seeing and hearing, and what that might mean. I don't think that your guy knew what it meant. This is only based on what you've told me.

Sorry I get pissed when I think about the way they made us look, we are honest hunters that will not dig and run. This site has a lot to say and I will spend the money and time to do what I can to get to the truth.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the television people, and I sincerely hope that you find what you're searching for.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The people in New Ross used the water for many years and you can see it affected their DNA . Many health problems. We own the mineral rights under New Ross and 2 years back a company wanted to mine the uranium ore and held a town meeting . Things did not go good. The uranium is in the bedrock and there is 120' of clay above it. Any well that go into the bedrock has bad water. The Holy Well at our site has the best safe drinking water and no one could figure out why. Well we did this summer, the water comes from a spring up hill . This is fed by rain water and runs 996' through a man made void to the well. Its not a well, its a holding tank and it hold a great amount of water.
During the filming of the TV show a lot of equipment stopped running, Not just our equipment but the drilling rig went dead for 2hrs. Recording and filming equipment went dead. Sinclair said it was energy from the Ark and Scott agreed. Then we were told about the uranium down under and we had a cheep Geiger counter with us and it went off down in the well at 20'. Not sure of the readings because the readings change as we brought it up. But the sound went off and the red light went off. It was not a expensive one but the film crew wanted us to use it, I don't think they showed this on the show. Do I think the uranium had anything to do with the equipment not working, NO, Not now but back then we did. Things like this happen on the Oak Island TV show and I have my own thoughts that I will not make public yet.:BangHead:

Ya we got screwed by Scott Wolters and the film company but the TV show Curse of Oak Island , History Channel and ITV from NY got us to and we are done with them all. The big boys will step on you if they can to make money. We sign a 18 month contract with the History Channel and ITV and could not talk about things until July 15th 2015. This summer it will be my way on my show

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a huge area of NY/New England that has Radon in the soil. It is the radioactive byproduct of Uranium-Thorium-Radium-Lead decay. So it might have started as Uranium billions of years ago.

When we sold a house in 2005 we had to install Radon Mitigation equipment as part of the closing costs. Cost like $3,000 to have a collection grid, fan and elevated vent installed from the basement to the outside of the house. Managed to somehow survive living there 25 years. One of those "you-gotta-be-kidding" closing costs put in escrow.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
During the filming of the TV show a lot of equipment stopped running, Not just our equipment but the drilling rig went dead for 2hrs. Recording and filming equipment went dead. Sinclair said it was energy from the Ark and Scott agreed.

It may have been the Ark, or aliens, or even Ms. Hope's leprechauns, but it was not radiation. Radiation can and does affect electronics, but the levels required are rather high. People fail before even unhardened electronics do. If there was enough there to zap your gear, you wouldn't be alive to talk about it.

Then we were told about the uranium down under and we had a cheep Geiger counter with us and it went off down in the well at 20'. Not sure of the readings because the readings change as we brought it up. But the sound went off and the red light went off. It was not a expensive one but the film crew wanted us to use it, I don't think they showed this on the show. Do I think the uranium had anything to do with the equipment not working, NO, Not now but back then we did. Things like this happen on the Oak Island TV show and I have my own thoughts that I will not make public yet.:BangHead:

The "not sure of the readings" thing concerns me. What was the background set to, and what was the alarm level set at? It's important. Depending on your settings and the quality of the gear, you can make a Geiger counter alarm on a bunch of bananas. That doesn't mean that you're in any danger; it just means that the machine is doing what it was set up to do. Likewise, if the background level was set in a location with low background levels and then taken to an area with higher (but still completely safe) levels, it will likely alarm the moment that you turn it on. Again, that's nothing to be worried about.

I'm guessing that it was set up to indicate counts per minute. You don't happen to remember what the readings were, do you? It likely doesn't matter at this point but I'm curious all the same.

I'm also interested in how the locals use their water. If it's contaminated to the point of being a real concern, simply living there has to be a serious pain in the ass. I took a nice long, hot shower today after work and thought about what that would mean with contaminated water. A few of those and my bathroom would be crapped up to a frightening degree - never mind the amount of internal contamination that I'd be receiving due to inhaling the steam. (The uranium/radon decay chain produces mostly alphas and betas, and uranium is not something that you want inside your body whether it's inert or not for chemical reasons if nothing else.)

There is a huge area of NY/New England that has Radon in the soil. It is the radioactive byproduct of Uranium-Thorium-Radium-Lead decay. So it might have started as Uranium billions of years ago.

When we sold a house in 2005 we had to install Radon Mitigation equipment as part of the closing costs. Cost like $3,000 to have a collection grid, fan and elevated vent installed from the basement to the outside of the house. Managed to somehow survive living there 25 years. One of those "you-gotta-be-kidding" closing costs put in escrow.

Uranium is basically everywhere (generally not in concentrations of any concern), and the radon is as well. This can and does create headaches in facilities that do radiological work, and use sensitive monitors. The laws in place tend to err on the conservative side of extreme, but it's probably better to be safe than sorry. I haven't actually tested my basement simply because I'm in an area known to be low in radon and I'm not particularly worried about it, but I'll bet that I could get something to alarm down there if I fooled around with it enough.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Dear FinderKeeper, you may remember me as we've spoken a lot in the past. Just stopped in and was very excited to read this thread. Every good thread has its detractors (as it should - helps keep us honest) and I found the last 6 pages astounding!

I wish you and your team the best, be safe, and I'll be foloowing this thread. Well done!

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK the radiation is under New Ross and in the drinking water, there are signs in town not to drink the water. The people in New Ross have many health problems to. At the time we did the show we did not know about the uranium at the site and nothing about the magnetite stones every where. Then we had the high grade clay. It was just luck that we were able to locate the objects we did. After many trips with other treasure hunting equipment we found what works best. It takes more than one tool of the trade to be sure what's down under before a dig. When we get 2 or more hits from other detectors or tools of the trade then we dig. I am still not sure about the radiac guy you talked about, was he on the show. Everyone did a great job and that's why we are still there. The Film crew made us look bad. Me and Scott Wolters had many words ( yelling, fights ) ya they wanted us to say things we did not want to say, then they had scrip for us to say, Ya that went over good, I do not fake digs or do scrip and Scott went crazy after the first few hours of filming. Note after then I do little talking and let my crew get their say. Ya we got screwed and look bad on the show but in the end it was Scott that got screwed. We moved the drilling rig to another area and he got pissed, we drilled in a area were their was no void and he couldn't do anything about it , I paid for the drill rig and I had the permit to check out this site . Scott thought we did find the Templar Treasure and he had plans to dig it up when the office of Heritage closed. I would of gone to jail. Greed step in. He was selling the book and movie rights while we were still filming. Ya that went bad to. So who screwed who. I am still there and we plan to continue our work and dig this spring and Scott Wolters and the History Channel will not be their. Sorry I get pissed when I think about the way they made us look, we are honest hunters that will not dig and run. This site has a lot to say and I will spend the money and time to do what I can to get to the truth.

Quote Treasminder (( finderskeepers ,, you crack me up dude , So Scott Wolter conned you into a film deal with him and you went for that charade artist

well , you may as well , since both you and he work on other peoples knowledge and draw attention to yourselves like you thunk it up
all on your own . " ))
Quote finderskeepers , ( Scott Wolters and the History Channel will not be their. Sorry I get pissed when I think about the way they made us look, we are honest hunters that will not dig and run. )
That Man treasminder tried to warn finderskeeper about scott wolter is a con man , Finders keepers changed his tune didn,t he ?
kinda made finderskeeper look foolish i think .

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote Treasminder (( finderskeepers ,, you crack me up dude , So Scott Wolter conned you into a film deal with him and you went for that charade artist

well , you may as well , since both you and he work on other peoples knowledge and draw attention to yourselves like you thunk it up
all on your own . " ))
Quote finderskeepers , ( Scott Wolters and the History Channel will not be their. Sorry I get pissed when I think about the way they made us look, we are honest hunters that will not dig and run. )
That Man treasminder tried to warn finderskeeper about scott wolter is a con man , Finders keepers changed his tune didn,t he ?

Using nearly indecipherable grammar and English to call someone foolish has a lingering feeling of hypocrisy.

Happy New Year, everyone.

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cerebral palsy not foolish ,sorery i am not up to your standards , I like the way you introduce yoursel to new peoples , maybe it
is foolish for me to talk to a person like you . you have manners with handicap people this way always ?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cerebral palsy not foolish ,sorery i am not up to your standards , I like the way you introduce yoursel to new peoples , maybe it
is foolish for me to talk to a person like you . you have manners with handicap people this way always ?

In NostraDanis's defense, there is no way he could have known you had cerebral palsy.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not expected to be in argument with people . just read post and notice thing . bad manners to speak mean like this to people
no matter if they know of problems it is ok , i just read now, no make comments cause he said ( Using nearly indecipherable grammar and English to call someone foolish has a lingering feeling of hypocrisy. to me is not proper to say to people with no problems . that is not nice . i only noticed something and thought it was interesting thast a man treasure keeper or something said about hsitory channel is con and the finders found out later that it was truth . I'm cold now , can't argue with people cause not nice .

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

all on your own . " ))
O No another NEW BEE that knows it all:BangHead: , look Michael or 2daystrvel how can I take other peoples work from them when I am still working with them. I am working with Joan Hopes husband Ron Harris and all other former land owners and treasure hunters from the site. We put all of our work together to get this site in the news and get to the truth. I have said this many times. The tunnels and voids under the castle are my finds, and all the water tunnels that run to and from the site. There is a lot of new info I came up with to help finish Joan's work . I was asked by Ron and others to help finish Joans Work and I do give her the credit for the work she has done. Now its time to see what's there.

Last edited:

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another rude person that argu to much . the warn was to a keepers to not trust wolter and keeper come back from wolter and not happy . that was funy is why i put post . bad humor people they argue a lot here . to serious to be nice . bad people do that , they fight and no laugh . sorey for you . sorey you hate hsotry show too . ok ? i am NEW BEE ? nop i am a person with feelings , may be you have mental problem too i dont know but all people here seme mean to people .

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
copy from tunnel thread treasermind said this 'copy and paste here '" Truth is man , the old OakIsland.uk forum is where people first found out that Oak Island was a KT deposit

they found that out from a mystery poster who used the handle " Hippie "

Then they figured out from what Hippei Posted, that Hippie had the most valid info on Oak Island , especially since hippie provided
clear connections between sites the Templars had visited , that matched Roslyn artifacts .
i think i go to that wepage and see what the hippie man post there . i want to see his talk about things there .

2daystravel

Banned
Dec 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a google search for hippie and oak island UK . Here is what Hippie said ( by hippie on Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:08 pm
Gentlemen
What Oak Island has is a depository of Knights Templar Articles.
The Treasure is obtained by entering the shafts and or tunnels.
The entrance to these tunnels will be found through the leylines of the Golden mean.
Stones, with drill holes have been found on the island.
These are your increment stones.
The holes will be a certain depth
each inch = 1ft.
If the hole in the stone is 12 inches deep , then the increment is 1 inch per foot.
Measure the distance to the next stone, note how many inches you come up with, say you come up with 123, this means your diagonal line from your southeast corner to your northeast corner will equal 123 feet, this will be the long line of the ley line of the golden mean, You will be looking to set a golden rectangle by this increment.
Where the ley lines intersect on that rectangle, is one of your entrances to the tunnels that will safely get you into one of the vaults.
Next, you must begin to arc the golden spiral, where the spiral cross's the ley lines, there you will find more entrance's to more vaults.
Your next step is to leyout the golden triangle and the Golden circle, remembering that it is 1/3 of the circle that is the portion you are looking for, note that where the lines of the triangle cross the bisect of the circle is your next entrance.
Perhaps it is best, that you take an ariel photo, mark the locale of each stone with the holes that have been found. overlay the photo with clear plastic, set you degrees at 36 and 76 for the ley lines, and see what you come up with.
This is the KEY to the chest.
A study of Pythagorean Geometry, fibbonacci number sequence, and the golden mean would help.
The date on the stone of 1704 is not a date, it is an increment.
this is part of the esoteric knowledge used for these burials.
The alchemy symbols for such are in the area.
The Hippie

hippie
Digging for Coal

he said that back in 2003 ? he is the same person her that is treasminder person here . i' cn post the lnk in next post .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread