vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Cooooool! I actually enjoyed the first two seasons even if you knew they wouldn't find a thing! :)

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
its a good show but if they find anything well hear it on the news before the show!

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
its a good show but if they find anything well hear it on the news before the show!
I'm not saying your wrong but one could assume that the production company would try to hold that information. From what I understand with these production companies, anyone associated with the show signs a confidentiality agreement. The only way for the press to find out would be the production company.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seen the commercial for season "3" of Curse of Oak Island. Looks like they brought out the "Big" equipment. Starts November 10, 2015 on the History Channel.

Bout time. sheesh.

The equipment that is. :P

AOTC

Greenie
Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that Backhoe is showing on the preview then it means they have already used it,my guess being at the Money Pit site.Unbelievable,Dunfield did the same in the 1960's down to 140ft and found nothing and I'll bet neither did the Lagina brothers.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
If that Backhoe is showing on the preview then it means they have already used it,my guess being at the Money Pit site.Unbelievable,Dunfield did the same in the 1960's down to 140ft and found nothing and I'll bet neither did the Lagina brothers.
They need something more then that backhoe for that depth you would think.

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend working in Chester this past summer tell me that he had seen excavators being brought onto the island. My guess is they dug in the swamp.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They may had dug up the treasure by now. I am sure the treasures is there, but, very hard to dig it up. Good luck to them.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Excavators? As in giant earth-moving machines ? To me this sounds like they are getting desperate to uncover anything at all. I have a hard time believing an archaeologist would approve the use of such machines if they were convinced the site had historical or cultural significance.

Then again, the soil on that island has been churned so much by treasure seekers over the last 150 years any chances at good archaeology have long passed.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really. If the operator is good and understands terracing, depth isn't a problem for a trackhoe. There's guys in Colorado that dig 50+ feet frequently. One guy we worked with was a big 24 year old farmboy man! that kid worked circles around the oldsters on the site, and fast too without compromising safety.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with AARC, about time for the big machinery. Tought they would have pulled it out before season 3. We'll see but I don't expect much.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just had a daydream about Indiana Jones battling with the Nazis .. Only instead of fisticuffs on the back of panzer tanks in the Cairo desert, its Indy fighting Caterpillars on Oak Island.

Someone hand me another brew, please ;)

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping they are digging in the swamp to be able to rule it in or out. Might just be looking for the water passages to The Money Pit.. Also they need to better search the "Sink Hole" area with a backhoe that can go further down then 10' or so that they used last year.. Probably no treasure there but would help give the path of the tunnels maybe.. I'd do more core drilling at the Money Pit site before just digging it up. A full gridded area to determine if they actually have anything of value down there besides the wood they hit last already.. Remember they aren't even actually sure where the Money Pit spot is anymore. Just a guessing game after being dug up so many times...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need equipment to hold the water back, or they will never recover any treasures. But, good luck.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they need to Plant Treasures before they will find any there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread