Seems they just MIGHT find that "treasure" after all.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet, you hang out on a forum devoted to the "legend". To each their own, I guess.

No, I don't. I use the "new posts" button to see all the latest posts made. The title caught my eye and I clicked before I realized what sub-forum it was in. I wouldn't even have commented except for the completely modern rubbish that has been fabricated to just make things more appealing. Just like the rest of the story have "evolved" over the years. It's really funny seeing people post theories when they have zero understanding of nature, rock formation and karst topography.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Are the different levels, and stone with inscription on it factual? If so, Why are the different levels, and stone with inscription on it there? Treasure or no treasure, just the fact that it's there is pretty amazing itself.

I could be wrong, maybe the TV Network dug it, so they could have a show.:thumbsup:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking forward to watching this season. I hope they find something but even if they don't, its still entertaining :-)

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the oak island threads mentioned that the brothers on the show had spent $170,000,000 to date. On what? Did they buy that section of the island for $150,000,000 and then coupled with excavation equipment costs, professional danger divers (who quit when no danger is present) and trips to Europe spend the other $20,000,000? Where did the money go? I've got some farmland with an ancient treasure hidden there and I'll let it go for $10,000,000.

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hitndahed, if that specie of oaks are from Africa, how do they manage to get through the winters of Nova Scotia? Humm, I don't think it could survive that cold, hey but no expert on botanics.
======================================================================
I cannot truthfully answer that question. It has been centuries though, maybe they acclimated to the northern climate over time?
All it takes is for one or two to survive that will propagate the species.

I look at the oak trees there same way I look at bamboo.
And I live in Pennsylvania and have bamboo growing in my yard.

OP
OP
H

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't. I use the "new posts" button to see all the latest posts made. The title caught my eye and I clicked before I realized what sub-forum it was in. I wouldn't even have commented except for the completely modern rubbish that has been fabricated to just make things more appealing. Just like the rest of the story have "evolved" over the years. It's really funny seeing people post theories when they have zero understanding of nature, rock formation and karst topography.
=====================================================================================
Au contraire Jason,
I DO have a VERY GOOD understanding of nature, geology, karst topography and a multitude of other fascinating subjects.
I do agree that these type of legends and curses are sometimes made up to explain certain aspects of which there are no plausible explanation. Or to somehow keep the story alive.
Tell ya what Jason,, look at the indigenous species of NORTH AMERICAN OAK TREES,,, then look at the NORTH AFRICAN OAK TREES,,, (I DID)
Then and only then will you see what I have reported.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=====================================================================================
Au contraire Jason,
I DO have a VERY GOOD understanding of nature, geology, karst topography and a multitude of other fascinating subjects.
I do agree that these type of legends and curses are sometimes made up to explain certain aspects of which there are no plausible explanation. Or to somehow keep the story alive.
Tell ya what Jason,, look at the indigenous species of NORTH AMERICAN OAK TREES,,, then look at the NORTH AFRICAN OAK TREES,,, (I DID)
Then and only then will you see what I have reported.

ehh, I'm not really interested enough to spend time researching. I didn't mean to imply that NOBODY in the debate knew anything about nature, bedrock, etc.... it's just that so many people throw so much crap out with zero understanding of what they are saying that it borders on the ridiculous.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread