Not possible digging that deep.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Difference is - First something has to be before that something can be found.

PJ-BQ353_steamb_P_20130904153624.jpg

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
thanx charlie as i did not know how to post that picture. this has to be the coolist find ever. the real deal. this picture is just so impressive.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and they supposedly did all that over the course of 1 winter.. Doubt they could get permits to do something to that scale on OI anyway.. But that is what needs to be done. They need a hole atleast 50' wide at the bottom since no one knows for sure where the old MP actually is now... Dunfield might have been 100' wide at the top but he was no where's near that at the bottom..

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
you are very correct. i would love to see this done though on oak island. i know they will not as the tv show would have been over in one more season and they could not have gotten the permits. i want to believe in them but i cannot.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanx charlie as i did not know how to post that picture. this has to be the coolist find ever. the real deal. this picture is just so impressive.

Pity the History Channel wouldn't do a few seasons on this site and finds. To much reality for "reality TV", I guess.

Qsengwo

Mar 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The digging of the tunnels must have been an enormous challenge. But in my opion not impossible. I wonder how they could ever have managed to connect the moneypit with the the flood tunnels. Even today it is pretty difficult to find clues of existing tunnels wether they are original or made by searchers. This is shown in the show, with all modern equipment. Making a vertical pit on one place and constucting a tunnel for flooding starting from another place. Not much information about that. In the end I am still attracted to the show. I think it inspires people to search for the unknown. The process of searching is at least as exciting as finding something I guess.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not saying it did happen., but it would have been made easier to do if your the first people digging. As everyone started digging pits and tunnels later on, it just turned into a mess underground with everything being flooded out, possible cave ins etc....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Qsengwo...Welcome To The Show!

The digging of the tunnels must have been an enormous challenge. But in my opion not impossible. I wonder how they could ever have managed to connect the moneypit with the the flood tunnels. Even today it is pretty difficult to find clues of existing tunnels wether they are original or made by searchers. This is shown in the show, with all modern equipment. Making a vertical pit on one place and constucting a tunnel for flooding starting from another place. Not much information about that. In the end I am still attracted to the show. I think it inspires people to search for the unknown. The process of searching is at least as exciting as finding something I guess.

My Theory...Has the Royal Navy Freemasons working with the Jesuits and the American Freemasons, as the Depositors.

Working with Depositors the likes of Francis Bacon, Issac Newton, Benjamin Franklin and others...you can only imagine how important it is for Laypeople like us to...Think Outside The Box!

From my Theory...here is how I presumed they would have Easily and Somewhat Safely built the Flood Tunnel out to South Shore.

At the 170 foot mark a Tunnel ran from the Money Shaft out some distance out in South Shore.

At the end of this Tunnel, Four Smaller Tunnels ran spread out in the Bay.

The “Ice Holes” seen out in South Shore may be the openings to these Tunnels.

iceholes.PNG

At about Ten Feet from the end of these Four Tunnels and Still Under The Ocean Floor “Powder Charges” were placed within. Powder and the Royal Navy go together like Bread and Butter.

"To ignite the end of each tunnel, they fed an ignition "sausage" out of each tunnel. This sausage was a tube made of linen and filled with granulated black powder that led back to the point of ignition. The ignition sausage, a predecessor of the modern time fuse, was normally laid in a 6-centimeter-wide wooden duct and covered with a board to protect it from moisture or other damage. At the appointed time, the miner ignited the powder in the ignition sausage with an ignition sponge and then retreated quickly before the sponge burned to the powder."

Workers quickly returned to the Money Pit, after lighting the fuse.

The end of each of these Tunnels were detonated, exploding and opening each to the Ocean’s Sea Water.

The Workers in the Shaft quickly constructed a sealed air tight barrier at the 100 foot level, preventing the rushing sea water from filling it up.

Workers were allowed the necessary time as the Ocean’s Sea Water quickly running down the tunnel would first start filling the bottom Cavern at the 170 foot level and then climb up the Shaft’s 70 foot distance.

They then sealed a further 10 feet between the 90 foot level and the sealed Air Lock with tar, clay, coir fibre, and dirt

Last edited:

dmg2016

Feb 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The LIDAR mapping of the island gives a pretty good look at all the work that has been done on the money pit side of the island.

6Mb9Unx.jpg uAvHWBg.jpg
V4njGXm.jpg 5FsRbhm.jpg

The LIDAR map below is exaggerated along the Z axis to emphasize depressions in the money pit area.

QM7d7bk.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Working with Depositors the likes of Francis Bacon, Issac Newton, Benjamin Franklin and others...you can only imagine how important it is for Laypeople like us to...Think Outside The Box!”

Depositors? What deposits? The only deposits found in the island to date are the garbage dumps and old outhouse holes. Benjamin Franklin was too busy womanizing in France and at home, as well as making money, to go around chasing fictional treasures...he certainly was too smart for that....of course he may have printed and sold “Treasure Maps” to a mysterious lost treasure......

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The LIDAR mapping of the island gives a pretty good look at all the work that has been done on the money pit side of the island.

View attachment 1696713 View attachment 1696714
View attachment 1696716 View attachment 1696715

The LIDAR map below is exaggerated along the Z axis to emphasize depressions in the money pit area.

View attachment 1696722

Demonstrates what 200 years of digging over wide areas down several hundred feet will do to an area.....all that and nothing found.....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It is Easy...To Fool...A Foolish Man!

“Working with Depositors the likes of Francis Bacon, Issac Newton, Benjamin Franklin and others...you can only imagine how important it is for Laypeople like us to...Think Outside The Box!”

Depositors? What deposits? The only deposits found in the island to date are the garbage dumps and old outhouse holes. Benjamin Franklin was too busy womanizing in France and at home, as well as making money, to go around chasing fictional treasures...he certainly was too smart for that....of course he may have printed and sold “Treasure Maps” to a mysterious lost treasure......

Fool 10.jpg

Tomorrow...April 1st...A Day Dedicated to...Fools!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread