Oak Island Artifacts: Just the Facts

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
If the curse of Oak Island starts integrating ancient aliens, that will be the last straw for me. The two are NOT related.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But you were OK so far with Mayans, Templars, Shakespeare, Francis Bacon, Masons and pirates????

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly. Have they traveled to Earth? No evidence of that.

Much like the evidence on Oak Island for the rest of my list.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aliens must be around Oak Island they are running all of them out of the US of A. Therefore aliens must exist.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Possibly. Have they traveled to Earth? No evidence of that.

What, you weren't convinced by all of those inside-out cows, anal probes, and flying saucers hovering over Mexico City? I thought that was pretty compelling evidence.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Off-topic but I read that the latest rash of UFO phenomena caught on military jet cameras in last year's headlines was debunked on an aviation website. One of the forum posters was an engineer for a corp that manufactures gimbal-mounted laser cameras used by fighter jets. He explains the videos showing UFOS moving at impossible speeds & trajectories as a digital artifact of the gimbal-mounted camera rotating to track a moving object. The pilots and the flight engineers weren't trained properly to recognize this thus a few videos of the phenomenon were forwarded to the government watchdog agency that investigated UFOs (it was closed a few years ago). Since the camera tech was classified to civilians(even certain Senators), the military played dumb, as is typical for UFO cases. Case closed.

Meanwhile, the civilian that ran the gov't office took the videos to the press after he was out of a job... and partnered up with that ex-rock band singer Tom DeLonge to promote a series of "earth shattering revelations that we are not alone" in the form of book deals, and tv specials.. unfortunately for them, once the "truth" became apparent, underwriters pulled out most of the money and true believers are still waiting for E.T.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
The show asserts that the iron cross from Smith's Cove may be one the most important artifacts ever found in North America. Grandstanding by the producers or some grain of validity?

TCK

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show asserts that the iron cross from Smith's Cove may be one the most important artifacts ever found in North America. Grandstanding by the producers or some grain of validity?

TCK
My view.. All they have shown of the cross is that the origin of the lead is in France from a non commercial mine (or ancient mine) could be either..

There is also no way to know when the cross was made. Even if the lead is old it could of been remelted many times...

Therefore I fail to see how it is much of a find....

EVEN IF the cross is old there is no provenance of how it got to Smiths Cove (assuming it was actually found in Smiths Cove).. It could of been dropped there anytime over the past 200+ years... We do not even know if it is an actual cross and not just a cross shaped piece of lead from something else...

Therefore the answer is "Grandstanding"....

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Off-topic but I read that the latest rash of UFO phenomena caught on military jet cameras in last year's headlines was debunked on an aviation website. One of the forum posters was an engineer for a corp that manufactures gimbal-mounted laser cameras used by fighter jets. He explains the videos showing UFOS moving at impossible speeds & trajectories as a digital artifact of the gimbal-mounted camera rotating to track a moving object. The pilots and the flight engineers weren't trained properly to recognize this thus a few videos of the phenomenon were forwarded to the government watchdog agency that investigated UFOs (it was closed a few years ago). Since the camera tech was classified to civilians(even certain Senators), the military played dumb, as is typical for UFO cases. Case closed.

Meanwhile, the civilian that ran the gov't office took the videos to the press after he was out of a job... and partnered up with that ex-rock band singer Tom DeLonge to promote a series of "earth shattering revelations that we are not alone" in the form of book deals, and tv specials.. unfortunately for them, once the "truth" became apparent, underwriters pulled out most of the money and true believers are still waiting for E.T.

I didn't know that digital artifacts can cast shadows in the real world.

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to admit that Gary Drayton is doing quite the job of adding hard artifacts to the Oak island story. I don't really see anything pointing to the existence of treasure, but the finds do put some age onto the island activities. It also makes the series a bit more interesting to me, in a metal detecting sort of way, the sensationalism notwithstanding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread