Oak Island Artifacts: Just the Facts

Mike Mercury

Dec 14, 2015
southwest Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week: Is the Spear of Destiny the secret to Little Caesar's Pizza Empire?

caesar_inner_page.png

8192297110_4f2578a374_z.jpg

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting that. I'll have to look at it a little more. Haven't had a bunch of time to do any REAL digging on this with three projects going myself. When I say paid, I'm not saying Here sit in the front of the camera, Ok here's your check thank you mam! A expenses paid trip, accommodations can be considered payment. It doesn't even have to be monetary. A copy of the episode signed by the cast & crew. A handful of autographed photos and a place in the tale of Oak Island could be considered a form of payment. Go back and watch the episode again. Focus on the other two sisters body language and facial expressions etc. Tell me what you think. I'd like to hear from some here that have law enforcement or interrogation experience. It'd be interesting to see what others pick up.
They were definitely paid to appear on the show. The reference in that article to the non disclosure agreement shows that. But they were only retelling a story that had been told at least 8 years earlier..

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OI Artifacts: Just the Facts... is there any proof that any artifact of note has ever been found? Saw the show a few times and an old coin and nail/spike just doesn't seem very compelling. Many folks on this site have found way better objects and none of them are claiming secret hidden treasure ? Not sure why anyone believes there is anything on OI??

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OI Artifacts: Just the Facts... is there any proof that any artifact of note has ever been found? Saw the show a few times and an old coin and nail/spike just doesn't seem very compelling. Many folks on this site have found way better objects and none of them are claiming secret hidden treasure ? Not sure why anyone believes there is anything on OI??

If you are looking for facts, you have the wrong mystery. I love the story but it appears nobody has any REAL physical proof of anything being buried or taken from this island. All we have are stories, theories, conjecture, name calling and finger pointing. I love all that stuff so that is why I am here. :occasion14:

For me the show is all about entertainment and to help toughen up my skin. If you can take the announcer rehashing everything every 5 minutes then you can tolerate just about anything. :occasion14:

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are looking for facts, you have the wrong mystery. I love the story but it appears nobody has any REAL physical proof of anything being buried or taken from this island.

I think what you are saying here is pretty much true. Everything found to date (to my knowledge) can be explained as circumstantial or hunt related.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that's true.

But then again - even if they do read something into the rocks and trees they are most likely never going to find anything. ;-)

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The artifacts are awesome but let's get the TREASURE! THE STONE CROSS IS THE KEY! I AM Wm the Conqueror, Master of the Craft, Zen Master!
I do not spew BS! TRUTH IS WISDOM!

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have said this before, and I'll say it again, what is most troubling to me in this whole Oak Island mystery is the thunderous silence by the local Mi'kmaq. The sheer scale of operations would take some period of time, particularly when one adds the winters up here into the equation. When we were last on Oak Island, we asked the question as to whether there was anything found in the local, oral tradition of the Mi'kmaq that could be related to activity on the island. The answer was "no". In this part of Nova Scotia, I cannot see how an operation of this nature and duration would not have been noted by the local, indigenous population immediately nearby. Make no mistake about it, they were in the IMMEDIATE vicinity. I have a hunch, and it is only that - a hunch. My thought is that there was activity of some duration on Oak Island that predated any sort of permanent settlement in the 1700s and the activity went on for a period of time. The reason it was not mentioned is that, by then, the Mi'kmaw had become accustomed to seeing, and perhaps even intermingling, with Europeans who may have come to fish or even to explore. Perhaps those Europeans used Oak Island to repair their boats or to lay up? Perhaps that explains the presence of the coconut fibres that continue to bug me. Maybe the Oak trees were planted as a signpost to that activity, if, in fact, they were actually deliberately brought there? Perhaps that is why Smith's Cove looks so flat. Perhaps the reason why the native record is so glaringly silent is that activity had been seen before and contact had already been made, so there was nothing remarkable to note. Any noted relationships to Templars on this island could easily, easily, be Portuguese instead, as it is known that a number of the early explorers were Knights of Christ. I can easily accept the artificiality of certain areas of Oak Island. Easily. But the silence of the Mi'kmaq? That is something that cannot be dismissed.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Posted by Treasure 1822:
"Last but not least....Dismissing and Disrespecting, I wasn't talking about the Mi'kmaq.....I am refering to the Overton Stone and the Norumbega Vinland Stone, The "G" staone and the stone trialgle, the white granite stones with the 1/4" holes in them.....I about lost my mind when that "Expert from "Curse of Oak Island" said the "Overton Carving" was a "Treaty" with the Portuguese. The "First Nation" believed in your words not a "Stone Carving"

As for first nations people only believing in one's "word" and not a stone carving, have you not seen what has been recorded in Mi'kmaw petroglyphs in Nova Scotia? They are, in fact, history inscribed in stone. Boats with sails recording the presence of the Europeans as just one example. There is nothing, not a single thing, out of whack about the Mi'kmaw recording something of significance in stone.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have said this before, and I'll say it again, what is most troubling to me in this whole Oak Island mystery is the thunderous silence by the local Mi'kmaq. The sheer scale of operations would take some period of time, particularly when one adds the winters up here into the equation. When we were last on Oak Island, we asked the question as to whether there was anything found in the local, oral tradition of the Mi'kmaq that could be related to activity on the island. The answer was "no". In this part of Nova Scotia, I cannot see how an operation of this nature and duration would not have been noted by the local, indigenous population immediately nearby. Make no mistake about it, they were in the IMMEDIATE vicinity. I have a hunch, and it is only that - a hunch. My thought is that there was activity of some duration on Oak Island that predated any sort of permanent settlement in the 1700s and the activity went on for a period of time. The reason it was not mentioned is that, by then, the Mi'kmaw had become accustomed to seeing, and perhaps even intermingling, with Europeans who may have come to fish or even to explore. Perhaps those Europeans used Oak Island to repair their boats or to lay up? Perhaps that explains the presence of the coconut fibres that continue to bug me. Maybe the Oak trees were planted as a signpost to that activity, if, in fact, they were actually deliberately brought there? Perhaps that is why Smith's Cove looks so flat. Perhaps the reason why the native record is so glaringly silent is that activity had been seen before and contact had already been made, so there was nothing remarkable to note. Any noted relationships to Templars on this island could easily, easily, be Portuguese instead, as it is known that a number of the early explorers were Knights of Christ. I can easily accept the artificiality of certain areas of Oak Island. Easily. But the silence of the Mi'kmaq? That is something that cannot be dismissed.

We know for a fact the Norse were in North America by the 11th century, is there an oral record from the 1st Nations of this fact?

The coconut fibre that troubles you is dated at between the 12th and 14th century which the Knights of Christ (Portuguese) did not have access to.

Cheers, loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The coconut fibre that troubles you is dated at between the 12th and 14th century which the Knights of Christ (Portuguese) did not have access to.

So the made up/theoretical secret squirrel Templars had access to coconut fibers, but the actual Knights of Christ Templars did not?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but it's difficult to keep the stories straight. (This was all so much simpler a few centuries before Dan Brown, when the only question about our fictitious treasure was which pirate had allegedly put it there. But pirates are soooo 1800.)

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So the made up/theoretical secret squirrel Templars had access to coconut fibers, but the actual Knights of Christ Templars did not?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but it's difficult to keep the stories straight. (This was all so much simpler a few centuries before Dan Brown, when the only question about our fictitious treasure was which pirate had allegedly put it there. But pirates are soooo 1800.)

Do you honestly think the Knights Templars are a made up theoretical organization Dave? And to answer your question; In the 14th century, yes!

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We know for a fact the Norse were in North America by the 11th century, is there an oral record from the 1st Nations of this fact?

Well, the First Nations people that the Norse were in contact with are now extinct, so no. The Mi'kmaq are still here, though, and not a peep about Templars or Norse in NS.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, the First Nations people that the Norse were in contact with are now extinct, so no. The Mi'kmaq are still here, and not a peep about Templars or Norse in NS.

So we can now say for a certainty that the Norse never settled anywhere in North America except l'anse meadows because there is no oral history among the Mi'kmaq or Inuit. That should help to settle a few questions.

Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread