Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The teasers now hint that its a man-made shaft and they are voting on whether to give up or not. So...maybe they will show something substantial tonight?
Nothing new, just another boring show. Am I the only viewer who had heard at the begging of the show that this will be the last show of the season? I believe from the beginning that the three boys show pirates land and left the island, and that they found the money pit below a oak tree with chains hanging from the tree. The brothers just wasting their time, money and hard work looking and digging here and there. I do not believe that the boys found 3 chests of treasures or about the 3 crosses. I don't believe that the Brothers will dig up any treasures next Tuesday or for many seasons to come. I wish the brothers the best of luck, and good hunting.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Now we need to search the 3 boy's history and see if they suddenly came into some wealth, which would hint that they may had found something in the beginning. I too wish Rick and Marty luck, but the island has been played out, just as many have said here before.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone watching this Billion Dollar Wreck show? The diver that is descending down to the R.M.S Republic is using tri-mix gas and his voice sounds like he is inhaling helium because, well, he is.

On Oak Island, that diver that went to the bottom of 10-X was on tri-mix and he didn't sound like that. I'm not a diver AT ALL, but anyone know why that is?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we need to search the 3 boy's history and see if they suddenly came into some wealth, which would hint that they may had found something in the beginning. I too wish Rick and Marty luck, but the island has been played out, just as many have said here before.

As a kid that is how I heard it. They had found a few small treasures as they dug down. The theory being after the fact that people would quit digging once they found something and never get down to the real treasure. As I heard it, it was never a big find like a chest of gold coins or anything to have made anyone rich.. I think if they had found "riches" we would have heard about it or the sisters would have mentioned it last night.. Would have been good if they would have atleast asked what else was found, or what did the other 2 guys get in their chests, though it is strange that there were 3 guys digging and they found 3 chests ??

The only person I have heard of who might have suddenly become wealthy was the x slave that had land on Oak Island..

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone watching this Billion Dollar Wreck show? The diver that is descending down to the R.M.S Republic is using tri-mix gas and his voice sounds like he is inhaling helium because, well, he is.

On Oak Island, that diver that went to the bottom of 10-X was on tri-mix and he didn't sound like that. I'm not a diver AT ALL, but anyone know why that is?

I'm not so sure the Oak Island thing was real.
at least I have a Nagging suspicion

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll keep watching because it's Treasure Related :BangHead:

However I am also starting to think it might be all b.s.
including the dive.
remember a few short episodes ago there was 0 visibility on the camera.
If this guy gets good Views, He is not in 10X

I'm agreeing except for John Chatterton. His accomplishments speak for themselves. As a wreck diver he's got a set & they're titanium!!! As far as the rest of the "experts" I'd bet a years finds that's where a lot of the $$ for the project is coming from. "Hey wanna be featured on Oak Island? It'll cost you $$$ for the advertising you get". I'd also bet they've got a pile of finds warehoused somewhere to be used as soon as the script writers can fit them in to the story. As you said, the repetitive filler is really getting annoying.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that concerns me in the legitimacy of the dive is that the helium didn't affect the diver's voice. In the billion dollar shipwreck show the divers Voice was affected by the helium. I'm not an expert if anybody here knows anything about this please explain.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember if Last Nights Diver used Helium.
I'm pretty sure the one who backed out claimed he did

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then there must have been something phony going on.
like voice overs.

That actually bothers me more than any of the other foolishness we've seen. Oddly enough, THAT small detail has ruined my suspension of belief. Go figure.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe we should all go there and help them out

Yes, we can find the treasures in one season. Of course, we should get pay. Let us not forget, if the boys found treasures, their parents would had taken it and sell the jewel and spend the coins. I agree that the only rich person at Oak Island is the ex-slave.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Are you guys implying that reality TV shows are not scripted ahead of time and cobbled together from pre-recorded video clips? I am SHOCKED. SHOCKED, I say!

:laughing7:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that concerns me in the legitimacy of the dive is that the helium didn't affect the diver's voice. In the billion dollar shipwreck show the divers Voice was affected by the helium. I'm not an expert if anybody here knows anything about this please explain.
My skills are in the sport diving area so not sure but at that depth on hooka wouldn't it be within range of nitrox?

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A different treasure series is starting next week as "BILLION DOLLAR WRECK", about a ship (H.M.S. Republic) that sank 50-miles off the east coast in 1909, with at least $1-Billion in GOLD COIN on board. It may prove to be more TV viewing interest than Oak Island that has as of yet showed any treasures.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure. But I'm under the impression that the RMS Republic is only 40 ft deeper than 10x. I could be wrong though. I'm going on my memory of last night's broadcasts.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a difference between voices.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wreck of the*Republic*was found by Captain*Martin Bayerle*in 1981. She lies upright approximately 50 miles (80*km) south of*Nantucket Island[7][8]*at*40°26′0″N69°46′0″W*in approximately 270 feet

10x 235 feet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread