Is this a possible solution for Nolans Cross?

cutty

Sep 8, 2004
SE tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1516812

There are numerous stones that make up what is presented as a Cross on Fred Nolan's property.

View attachment 1516815

One can choose from these the Keystones that make up the Celestial Markers for "Cygnus".

Sir Francis Bacon’s Pilgrim Followers sailing for The New World would look for the constellation Cygnus (Swan) which they called the Lighted Cross.

“If an imaginary line is drawn between the positions of a star to the center of the earth, the point at which the line touches the earth's surface is the terrestrial coordinate. A simple mathematical formula furnishes the equation for calculating the precise latitude and longitude indicated by the pointer star. When the formula was applied to the position of Deneb at the appointed time, with appropriate corrections for the precession of the equinoxes (from 1606) and with a troublesome 7 degree correction for which sanction was eventually found elsewhere in the riddle's matrix literature, the target proved to be a minuscule speck of land on the south coast of Nova Scotia called Oak Island” McBride.

It was reported that Fred Nolan moved several boulders located on his property, which he thought made up a Cross.

I believe he may have mistakenly rearranged them back to be more inline as a Cross.

View attachment 1516814

William Crooker's book Oak Island Gold gives an account from a man named John O'Keefe about the discovery of a wrought iron stove excavated under the right boulder on Oak Island.

“There is an interesting quote taken from "Oak Island Gold, page 178", where it mentions how several boulders were moved, before it was understood that they were part of the large megalithic "Christian Cross":
"There's a big rock up there in the field, a great big boulder. We took the bulldozer and the backhoe, rolled it over and out of the way and there underneath were pieces of an old wrought iron stove... How it ever got down there is beyond me... Fred was really surprised and we kept digging and digging and found other pieces of stuff there, too, like knives and forks. I don't know how a big rock ever got on top of all that. Why would someone go to all the trouble of digging a hole, burying all that stuff and then rolling a big rock like that over it? It just doesn't make any sense."

"They did not have large cranes 4 to 500 years ago to place a large 10-ton boulder on top of these items!"
They didnt have cranes in ancient Egypt either!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But they left enough evidence of their presence to make the careers of tens of thousands of archeologists.

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I have debunked Petter's Tree of life theory as you can see from the following image. And this land lot alignment seems to be the last nail in the coffin...

Debunking may be too strong a term. I feel that the Tree of Life hypothesis should be left on the table, not least because it's possible to hit upon the association from another route (Petter and I were working on the idea at the same time, but he published first).

It’s my thinking that Nolan's Cross is a pure geometrical construction combining the two ancient design structures of ad triamgulum and ad quadratum. There's a construction well-known and almost revered in former times that brings the two together.

NolansXSchema.jpg

Clearly, the focus of these figures is the centre of the concentric circles, that is, the mid-point between the Head Stone and Cone D. The key distance is thus the 429 feet separating these two points, which is properly 26 rods (note: a British unit of measure). I consider it likely that the basic unit of measure is actually the link (7.92 inches), British and widely used after 1625.

By calculation and rounding, the dimensions of the cross within this 'construction' would be:

Cone A to Head Stone: 145 feet
Head Stone to Cone D: 429 feet (fixed)
Cone D to Cone E: 293 feet
Total Length: 867 feet
Length of Arms: 359.5 feet (not 360). The arms are (429/2) + 145 feet (the distance from the centre point to Cone A).

This schema can then be extended geometrically to form the Tree of Life, such that the Malkuth Stone would lie just where Petter found it, though not because of his particular reasoning.

TOLSchema.jpg

From Cone A to the Malkuth Stone is here 1148 feet (350m). The key is that we may not be getting the specifics correct, but the concept surely holds.

It’s also my feeling that Nolan's Cross actually belongs at the east of the island, but was hidden out of the way at its centre - 75 rods distant from where it pertains. I call this duplicate cross the Shadow Cross, with its centre the initial focal point of the enterprise - not the Money Pit.

It's quite possible that Nolan’s Cross provides a set of clues that aids in reconstructing the geometrical plan that exposes the intent of the Oak Island enterprise - the location of the deposit.

Potentially, one reason that Cone C is in clear sight on the beach at Joudrey's Cove is it could be that the Cross had to be found, along with the drilled rocks and the triangles. Together, these and other clues tell us what we need to know to pinpoint the treasure.

In this context, Nolan's Cross provides confirmation that the initial reconstructed ground plan is correct.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The precision placement of the stones in Nolan’s cross was relatively easy for Nolan to do since he was a surveyor by trade...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think Nolan set up Nolan's Cross? and why would he do that? To start with he was surveying the property for someone else why make them think something was there before you own the property to search it and if you already own the property why let people think something is going on. We haven't read anywhere that he was extremely active in doing a lot of digging and so forth to be trying to woo investors..

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the 'story' of that one freed slave who came to the island, bought land, suddenly became the wealthiest man around those parts and then proceeded to purchase more plots on Oak Island. If so, I don't think it was from selling cabbages. lol. IF the 'story' is true, it can be verified through historical records. Was it?

I think is Samuel Ball( I think that was his name)was alive today, he would have posted on my thread about saying anything if you found a cache or treasure. "Nope not a word, just spend it a little at a time".

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think Nolan set up Nolan's Cross? and why would he do that? To start with he was surveying the property for someone else why make them think something was there before you own the property to search it and if you already own the property why let people think something is going on. We haven't read anywhere that he was extremely active in doing a lot of digging and so forth to be trying to woo investors..

I believe Nolan was attempting to cash in on the hoax along with all the others that did...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But he wasn't going to gain anything by it. No way to "cash in" if your not asking investors for money to continue searching... and highly doubtful anyone is making much from giving Tours of the island then or now...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But he wasn't going to gain anything by it. No way to "cash in" if your not asking investors for money to continue searching... and highly doubtful anyone is making much from giving Tours of the island then or now...

That's because he didn't own the section of the island where the hoax pit was said to exist.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Samuel Ball did find something. I believe it was a cash wages chest used for paying soldiers in the field left by the British during the revolutionary war due to a hasty exist. Based on common finds on the island, the British did visit the island. Of course it could have been brewster's millions....who knows.

But a grand, mystical treasure or object has NEVER been located on the island. Only big imaginations looking for fame and payment....

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do ... he started surveying the island in 1961 , acquired property , then discovered the cross in 1981 . He and Dan B went to court over Nolan moving boundary lines to include things he thought Dan B would destroy ... not by inches , but by 30+ feet.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do ... he started surveying the island in 1961 , acquired property , then discovered the cross in 1981 . He and Dan B went to court over Nolan moving boundary lines to include things he thought Dan B would destroy ... not by inches , but by 30+ feet.
Imagine that... Treasure seekers doing things that are illegal/immoral... Who would of thought....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but no need to fake the Nolan cross. Didn't gain anything by it. Even if he did try to move boundary/property lines, easy enough for any surveyor to come in and figure that out... If Samuel Ball did become rich then that was the treasure. Granted maybe not from the money pit but maybe he found the hidden vault per say that some talk about that was put in to easily retrieve the treasure at a later date... If so the search is/was over then... and the Oak Island Treasure Hunt was true. Just ended years ago...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but no need to fake the Nolan cross. Didn't gain anything by it. Even if he did try to move boundary/property lines, easy enough for any surveyor to come in and figure that out... If Samuel Ball did become rich then that was the treasure. Granted maybe not from the money pit but maybe he found the hidden vault per say that some talk about that was put in to easily retrieve the treasure at a later date... If so the search is/was over then... and the Oak Island Treasure Hunt was true. Just ended years ago...

Nope.....oak island has always been and will ever be an ongoing hoax perpetuated by those that refuse to accept the actual factual data and cling to story tales by individuals seeking financial gain by leveraging the hoax

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so how do you explain Samual Ball supposedly becoming rich. If he did as some say and spend gold coins in town it is likely he found them right.. Then bam!!! Treasure found. Hoax was actually true just not as everyone thinks it to have been.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so how do you explain Samual Ball supposedly becoming rich. If he did as some say and spend gold coins in town it is likely he found them right.. Then bam!!! Treasure found. Hoax was actually true just not as everyone thinks it to have been.
Just a line for the show they fib about most things...where `s the proof Ball became rich ?

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From my earlier post:

Samuel Ball did find something. I believe it was a cash wages chest used for paying soldiers in the field left by the British during the revolutionary war due to a hasty exist. Based on common finds on the island, the British did visit the island. Of course it could have been brewster's millions....who knows.

But a grand, mystical treasure or object has NEVER been located on the island. Only big imaginations looking for fame and payment....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you not count what you say he found not being a treasure?? Regardless of what it was there for it was a treasure to him!!

I can't prove he did or didn't find anything. Just going by the rumors that he did become well off and supposedly was known to pay for goods in town wit gold coins...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
So you think Nolan set up Nolan's Cross?

I don't have an opinion on that specifically, but I do have an opinion in general. Is there anyplace in North America that's been settled for several centuries and wasn't logged out at some point? And if a spot was logged out for agricultural purposes, would unusual stones have been noticed at the time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread