Is this a possible solution for Nolans Cross?

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The precision placement of the stones in Nolanā€™s cross was relatively easy for Nolan to do since he was a surveyor by trade...

I believe the path to the deposit most likely lies on the ground, not within it. In reality, the context is the treasure, and this is being destroyed because decisions have been made that surface features on the island are of no consequence whatsoever.

The greatest obstacle to finding the answer is very likely that people decide that they ā€˜knowā€™ what is so and what is not so concerning Oak Island. Thus, Nolanā€™s Cross becomes a random assemblage of stones or a modern fake, and this must be so simply because some people have decided that they ā€˜knowā€™ it is.

Surely, the safe course is to leave the matter open and work on the possibility that the cross is original, and this rests on whether or not you really want to know the answer to the mystery.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
but until you see them from above or do a survey and put it on a map do you realize how it looks from above to know if they are in any kind of shape. They are not very close to each other...

If they're not close and large enough to be seen at the same time, are they useful markers?

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they're not close and large enough to be seen at the same time, are they useful markers?

There seems to be an inherent assumption that the cross was intended to be discovered rather than simply found. Thatā€™s to say, Nolan 'discovered' the cross, but now anybody can find it.

I believe that to make use of the cross the intended recipient of the Oak Island deposit had to arrive at the island knowing that it exists and specifically where Cone C lies. Then, they could easily find the whole despite its size.

Thereafter, in conjunction with other clues, they would realise just what it was intended to convey.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you not count what you say he found not being a treasure?? Regardless of what it was there for it was a treasure to him!!

I can't prove he did or didn't find anything. Just going by the rumors that he did become well off and supposedly was known to pay for goods in town wit gold coins...
Another thing is he may have been following my rule #2. Dig it up, put it up, and shut up! He just weedled it out a little at a time as needed. Being a freed slave I'd think he'd understand better than most, if you had something of value it'd be stolen / taken.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe the people who put them there knew how to use them for their needs. or maybe they just put them there with their own survey techniques as a symbol and they mean nothing but that.. Who knows..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing is he may have been following my rule #2. Dig it up, put it up, and shut up! He just weedled it out a little at a time as needed. Being a freed slave I'd think he'd understand better than most, if you had something of value it'd be stolen / taken.

True that. but if he did find something this whole treasure hunt was real but was over years ago... Granted Money Pit may not have any anything to do with it or maybe he found the tunnel that goes off from it close to ground level for easy retrieval..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received this message from Robot:

ā€œUnfortunately you have been a disruptive poster on our Thread!
We will be monitoring your posts in the future to view if we might be able to invite you to post once again on this thread.

Regards,
Robotā€

Asking for factual evidence for posts he and others made regarding fictional material all in an effort to keep a hoax going must have touched a nerve...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Maybe the people who put them there knew how to use them for their needs. or maybe they just put them there with their own survey techniques as a symbol and they mean nothing but that.. Who knows..

Or maybe they're just rocks, and we're seeing faces on clouds. Lots of maybe's here, lots of speculation, but very little evidence.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct. Until they show us on Fred's map we're not sure how well they even line up for sure. Could be a coincidence of some sort and or have a whole different meaning.. I just doubt that Fred placed them there as someone mentioned. He had no reason to, nothing to gain from it, he wasn't trying to milk investors out of money etc etc....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred found five stones in the shape of a cross. The stones represented the Northern Cross over top Oak Island. There are still five stones that are invisible or under ground. Two of those five have already been found and the other three can be found with landowner permission. With the other five stones it forms the tree of life.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They now have access to most of the island don't they, with Fred and now his son giving them permission...

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Samuel Ball did become rich then that was the treasure. Granted maybe not from the money pit but maybe he found the hidden vault per say that some talk about that was put in to easily retrieve the treasure at a later date...

...had to be treasure, eh? Couldn't be that he worked hard, made sound agricultural decisions and wise investments?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They now have access to most of the island don't they, with Fred and now his son giving them permission...

They have searched five points of Nolan's Cross but they have not searched the other five. They are there and the treasure is at one of the five they have not checked. At least they have not dug there.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have searched five points of Nolan's Cross but they have not searched the other five. They are there and the treasure is at one of the five they have not checked. At least they have not dug there.

The Nolan's (father and now son) have owned their land for many years, why didn't they completely excavate all of their land looking for the mystical treasure? Because they did not wish to invest knowing nothing was there as there was no guarantee of getting a tv show to pay off the excavating and make a profit.

You state the treasure is "there", yet again offer no factual evidence as to why you believe it so.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...had to be treasure, eh? Couldn't be that he worked hard, made sound agricultural decisions and wise investments?

Just going by what some on here are saying and what I've read about. Maybe he was the best and biggest cabbage grower of all time and made a fortune doing it.. Yeah right..... May have made a decent living do that but would think that's about it... but who knows right...

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I have been working on a theory for oak island, trying to figure out the reason behind Nolan's Cross, I found the old OI map with the land lots in this forum and decided to superimpose it and it seems most of the rocks are an almost match, considering the plan was a sketch. I would like to have your feedback. The coordinates for cone c d and e where taken from gps readouts of Petter Admundsen's book. They seem to coincide with land demarcation lines of the plots.

Thanks

You've just discovered Thales' intercept theorem. Because Nolan's Cross'stem is on a line with points regularly spaced it will intercept any evenly spaced verticals from another line at different heights. It's only off here because the plots on OI are not quite the same size (because some have been subdivided later on). If all the lots were evenly distributed all the points of NC would fall on a survey line. You haven't explained NC, you've realized something that is a geometric theorem. It doesn't prove of disprove NC. SSR

Last edited by a moderator:

MyCuriousMind

Jun 13, 2023
The Pinnacle Points in Cygnus have not moved...But the stones of Nolan's Cross...Have

View attachment 1516812

There are numerous stones that make up what is presented as a Cross on Fred Nolan's property.

View attachment 1516815

One can choose from these the Keystones that make up the Celestial Markers for "Cygnus".

Sir Francis Baconā€™s Pilgrim Followers sailing for The New World would look for the constellation Cygnus (Swan) which they called the Lighted Cross.

ā€œIf an imaginary line is drawn between the positions of a star to the center of the earth, the point at which the line touches the earth's surface is the terrestrial coordinate. A simple mathematical formula furnishes the equation for calculating the precise latitude and longitude indicated by the pointer star. When the formula was applied to the position of Deneb at the appointed time, with appropriate corrections for the precession of the equinoxes (from 1606) and with a troublesome 7 degree correction for which sanction was eventually found elsewhere in the riddle's matrix literature, the target proved to be a minuscule speck of land on the south coast of Nova Scotia called Oak Islandā€ McBride.

It was reported that Fred Nolan moved several boulders located on his property, which he thought made up a Cross.

I believe he may have mistakenly rearranged them back to be more inline as a Cross.

View attachment 1516814

William Crooker's book Oak Island Gold gives an account from a man named John O'Keefe about the discovery of a wrought iron stove excavated under the right boulder on Oak Island.

ā€œThere is an interesting quote taken from "Oak Island Gold, page 178", where it mentions how several boulders were moved, before it was understood that they were part of the large megalithic "Christian Cross":
"There's a big rock up there in the field, a great big boulder. We took the bulldozer and the backhoe, rolled it over and out of the way and there underneath were pieces of an old wrought iron stove... How it ever got down there is beyond me... Fred was really surprised and we kept digging and digging and found other pieces of stuff there, too, like knives and forks. I don't know how a big rock ever got on top of all that. Why would someone go to all the trouble of digging a hole, burying all that stuff and then rolling a big rock like that over it? It just doesn't make any sense."

"They did not have large cranes 4 to 500 years ago to place a large 10-ton boulder on top of these items!"
Has anyone calculated in the pyramid shaped stone on apple isle..?
OR the round island rock of Zenas map called "the Angel" where there's a halo shaped island with a rock in the centre?
JS šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread