Viking ship

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For anybody interested, the Viking ship replica "Darken Harald Harfagre" is scheduled to sail from Norway this spring, landing at Reykjavic May 1st. then Greenland, L'anse aux Meadows about the 1st of June and eventually make the Tall Ships celebration in Bay City, Michigan July 15-17 where I will get to see it. :icon_thumright:
Just to stay on subject, I also think it may possibly, perhaps, pass close to Oak Island.

Cheers, Loki

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the tall ships, I sailed on the Fantome, a four masted tallship, in the early 80's. in the Caribbean. But sadly it was lost in a storm with all of it's crew in 1998.

Attachments

• 450px-SV_Fantome_side_view.jpg
    450px-SV_Fantome_side_view.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the tall ships, I sailed on the Fantome, a four masted tallship, in the early 80's. in the Caribbean. But sadly it was lost in a storm with all of it's crew in 1998.

I think I saw that ship when I was flying my own airplane into Nassau in the 1980's. I have a photo of it someplace, I will try to find it.

Cheers, Loki

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a lady who sailed on the Fantome in the 80's and tells tales of what a wonderful ship she was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread