Who is the current concessionaire of the permission to dig on the island?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Who is the current concessionaire of the permission to dig on the island? :3coins::treasurechest::treasurechest:

On private property the permission to search for treasure has been granted by the 3 owners of the Oak Island.
Dan Blankenship
Fred Nolan
and
The 2 Lagina brothers

To keep the treasure has been granted by Nova Scotia under the Treasure Trove Act of Canada

The Treasure Trove Act.
Enacted in 1954, the law governs treasure hunting on famed Oak Island on the province's south shore. The scope of the original act was subsequently expanded to cover the licensing of shipwreck salvage operations off the coast.
Under the current rules, treasure hunters are allowed to keep most of what they find. But they are required to hand over 10 per cent of non-precious artifacts to the province.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On private property the permission to search for treasure has been granted by the 3 owners of the Oak Island.
Dan Blankenship
Fred Nolan
and
The 2 Lagina brothers

To keep the treasure has been granted by Nova Scotia under the Treasure Trove Act of Canada

The Treasure Trove Act.
Enacted in 1954, the law governs treasure hunting on famed Oak Island on the province's south shore. The scope of the original act was subsequently expanded to cover the licensing of shipwreck salvage operations off the coast.
Under the current rules, treasure hunters are allowed to keep most of what they find. But they are required to hand over 10 per cent of non-precious artifacts to the province.
Hi Robot, That's not the case now , Treasure hunting is not allowed with out a permit and then if you locate anything you can not dig deeper than 2' and if you find ANY THING , ANY THING of value or historical value ( we found artifacts on Hobson Island and the gov. called it all junk and they took it all :censored:) but again anything found belongs to the Government and you get nothing :BangHead:. Oak Island has the last Treasure Hunting Permit and no other permits will be given. I tried to get one last week :icon_scratch:.

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Robot, That's not the case now , Treasure hunting is not allowed with out a permit and then if you locate anything you can not dig deeper than 2' and if you find ANY THING , ANY THING of value or historical value ( we found artifacts on Hobson Island and the gov. called it all junk and they took it all :censored:) but again anything found belongs to the Government and you get nothing :BangHead:. Oak Island has the last Treasure Hunting Permit and no other permits will be given. I tried to get one last week :icon_scratch:.

Sad, very sad!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not a roadblock by any means to progress in the digs......

This season they cry "Mercy" when they dig in the swamp,

And we finalize our documentary work....

_Tulkas

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings,

I have a few questions. I just want to make everything clear for myself. Say i purchase Oak Island, the entire island, from the current owners. Is there any law preventing me from digging for treasure on Oak Island if i own the land - the island itself? Then say i find the treasure, but its over 3 feet deep, say i find 85 pounds (lbs.) of Gold coins and 12 pounds (lbs.) of Silver coins. Do i have to give any of my findings to the province, or Canada for that matter? If so, how much? Is it a percentage? Is a set percentage? Is it X amount? Does the % go up the more there is? Does the % go down the more there is?

Second scenario: Say i don't purchase the island. If i get permission from the owners in exchange for a share of the cache, do i have to pay anyone else dues?

Are you implying from the previous posts that Canada is no longer allowing people to dig for treasure :dontknow:? Does this include Oak Island? I'm a big confused. I am also not from Canada so i'm not familiar with the laws/regulations there regarding treasure hunting and permission aspects..

Thanks in advance! :skullflag::skullflag::occasion14::blackbeard::hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread