Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Oak Island Reconstruction (cont'd)

A comment made and a question put on another thread prompts me to continue with some further observation on my Oak Island reconstruction. To recap, the five ā€˜treasureā€™ maps identify five regularly spaced points in a pattern.

MapPoints.jpg

Points A, C and E are identified from Harold T. Wilkinsā€™ maps, points D and F are from Hubert Palmerā€™s. Point G is the Cave-In Pit.

I essentially agree with you gjb. the entry is at another location near by, how far? Turn to your star map for that answer, or go over the nearby ground carefully looking for a out off place marker. OR ?? :coffee2::coffee2:.

Hola

The star map is Robotā€™s idea, but I agree with the principle. I was particularly surprised by it because that same patch of sky features in my thoughts concerning my own collective map, particularly the relationship between the constellations Cygnus and Cassiopeia. Youā€™ll probably already appreciate the similarity between Nolanā€™s Cross and Cygnus.

CygnusNC.jpg

These constellations are circum-polar and the swan is always flying out of the circle, as it were. However, Cassiopeia is generally depicted in one or two specific positions, either as the letter ā€˜Mā€™ as in Robotā€™s star map, or the letter ā€˜Wā€™, usually represented by five stars. The significant point is that with Cygnus aligned much as Nolanā€™s Cross, Cassiopeia is an ā€˜Mā€™.

My interest in this part of the sky should then become obvious when looking at the pattern of points identified by the seven maps I believe may apply to Oak Island. My immediate thought was Cassiopeia as a ā€˜Wā€™.

Cassiope.gif

However, with respect to Nolanā€™s Cross, this is too low, but I believe that the two Palmer maps indicate that this pattern is to be shifted magnetic north. Thereā€™s no indication of how far, unlike Robotā€™s star map. So, I have simply continued the construction geometrically. This puts Cassiopeia in a better position but itā€™s still the wrong way up. This leads me to wonder if the rhombus should then be turned upside-down to form a ā€˜Wā€™.

Nevertheless, I still think the centre of the Rhombus is the most likely location for the deposit.

LocatorX.jpg

Here, WT is the Welling Triangle, MT is the Mallon Triangle, MP is the Money Pit, and EDR and WDR are the East and West Drilled Rocks. SH is the Sump Hole. The key angles are 30 and 60 degrees.

It only requires one position on this plan to be identified and all the others are immediately placed. This is because itā€™s constructed from a baseline of 30 rods in length (495 feet, 150.9m) as between the points marked B1 and B3.

In the diagram below, you may just be able to appreciate that there is a relationship between the centre of the rhombus and the mid-point between the Headstone and Cone D of Nolanā€™s Cross. The two are placed here 75 rods apart (1237.5 feet, 377.2m) at a bearing parallel to the Roadway.

OIGeom.jpg

The hope was that I might be able to conduct a survey and check this all out. This might then identify markers at other significant points on the reconstruction,

For example, as this diagram stands, I suggest that there may well be a significant marker (the North Shore Point) lying at 270 feet at a bearing of 300 degrees from Cone C of Nolanā€™s Cross. Such things are easy to check, and might be considered significant if found.

OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™ve long been intrigued by some observations in Rupert Furneauxā€™s book The Money Pit Mystery. He spoke at length with Edwin Hamilton (p. 115f.), who worked on the island from 1938 to 1943. Hamilton reported finding three levels of tunnels that he accessed through a shaft near Smithā€™s Cove. I donā€™t recall having seen this reported anywhere else.

Hamilton dug a shaft eleven feet deep in the lower (third) tunnel - brave of him with a flood tunnel somewhere beneath - and found sand and beach gravel. Six feet down he struck a stone, ā€˜not native to that levelā€™, and chewing leaf tobacco. At ten feet he struck twigs and bits of wood giving ā€˜the appearance of an old trench dug from the top down.ā€™ One tunnel he explored went below the beach.

The presence of sand and beach gravel at some depth is decidedly odd, as is the report of twigs and wood, making it appear that this was infill. So, it looks like someone had filled in a downward sloping tunnel. Could it be that the treasure was deposited this way, through a downward sloping tunnel which was then back-filled?

Note that they had also tunnelled under the beach. I do wonder if it might be possible to take a tunnel to a point under the sea and explode a small charge at the end. Might this be sufficient to permit the sea water to percolate into the tunnel through the loose debris? Might this be the explanation of the 'ice holes' off the south shore?

Thereā€™s a question as to whether all this was original or dug by treasure hunters (Hamilton thought maybe the Halifax Company). Furneaux observes that they left no record of having done so.

In correspondence with Furneaux, now in my possession, Simon J. Goodman observed much the same thing, reporting that he had explored long passageways at the east of the island, and that stones had been placed over the entrances, thus hiding them. The letters give the impression that there was more than one entrance shaft.

Furneaux was clearly prepared to believe in the existence of a system of ā€˜dryā€™ tunnels at the east of the island, and in the hill near the Money Pit, accessed by a shaft near the beach, that was excavated by the originator and kept separate from the ā€˜wetā€™ tunnels.

We seem to have lost all trace of the entrance shaft(s), and these dry tunnels, perhaps because later excavation connected this system to the wet tunnels.

However, we have here a possibility that if the treasure hunter knew the location of the treasure on the surface, and the depth (perhaps hence the message on the stone in the Monet Pit), he could access it from below using a dry tunnel, irrespective of whether there was a wet tunnel above the treasure. In other words, you wouldnā€™t dig down to get the treasure, youā€™d dig laterally.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
An Oak Island Reconstruction (cont'd)

I was enjoying my morning coffee and came across this archaeology news story about a schoolboy who discovered an ancient Mayan city hidden in the jungle.. by studying their constellation maps and finding the stars relative position matched known Mayan civilization centers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-central-america-by-15-year-old-a7021291.html

Perhaps the Lagina Bros should give Robot's Freemason Star Map theory a second glance ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was enjoying my morning coffee and came across this archaeology news story about a schoolboy who discovered an ancient Mayan city hidden in the jungle.. by studying their constellation maps and finding the stars relative position matched known Mayan civilization centers.

It'll be interesting to know what they find after hacking through the jungle!

Perhaps the Lagina Bros should give Robot's Freemason Star Map theory a second glance ;)

They've looked at things apparently far less structured, and you have to wonder what criteria History channel use for selection, but they do seem to lose interest quickly!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
speaking of Mayan artifacts. in the early 50s My partner snd i Spent 6 months living off of the jungle looking for Mayan artifactts. We did find a badly eroded small pyramid which was duly reported to the Mexican authories,. Since we anly had compases I doubt if I could ever find it again. Now with a simple, cheap, GPS it would have been a snap, hwever with this kids technique it could be interesting
That is my partner hamingit up after being without water for two days.

.Third.jpg

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Many Civilizations used Stars as Terrestrial Markers!

Here is a video for the previously reported find.

In my younger days having lived in the Mexican Yucatan and studied the Mayan Culture, I was always fascinated with their use of Astronomy.

Teotihuacan.jpg

While at Mexico's ancient city... Teotihuacan, sitting atop the Pyramid of the Sun, I was in awe of the Theory that this Civilization had constructed Pyramids in relation to the Planets in our Solar System.

Only in the 1970's Scientist stated that this theory was flawed, as it showed 12 Planets.

Two Planets located past Pluto and One between Mercury and the Sun.

Today...Scientists are on the verge of proving these Planets' existence!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bien venidos Robot. Welcome Robot. These sort of things fascinate me also. The discovery of Tayopa was my greatest satisfaction. I also discovered three other famous lost mines, but not yet confired

Back to Okak island

P..S. Are yo including Planet X which changed the rotation of the earh from East > west -- West to east.?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread