jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Bend news-times. (South Bend, Ind.), 25 Aug. 1913.

1.jpg

Read Here:

South Bend news-times. (South Bend, Ind.) 1913-1938, August 25, 1913, AFTERNOON Edition, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice jeff, I often wondered, they built water traps to protect their whatever, then after one had been sprung, how did they intnend to retrieve their treasure with the techniques available in the 1700's? Why I suggested an up rising tunnel /shaft, accessable through another area by means of a shallow excavation, .obviously near by, say 50 meter away, perhaps on the other side of the tree.

ronv74

Jun 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice jeff, I often wondered, they built water traps to protect their whatever, then after one had been sprung, how did they intnend to retrieve their treasure with the techniques available in the 1700's? Why I suggested an up rising tunnel /shaft, accessable through another area by means of a shallow excavation, .obviously near by, say 50 meter away, perhaps on the other side of the tree.

I share your same thoughts, in fact I was about to start a new topic on this, not sure this has been discussed here though.
Treasures are meant to be retrieved and in the case of Oak Island why not focus on the techniques available in the 1500-1700 to beat the traps ??????

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I share your same thoughts, in fact I was about to start a new topic on this, not sure this has been discussed here though.
Treasures are meant to be retrieved and in the case of Oak Island why not focus on the techniques available in the 1500-1700 to beat the traps ??????

Because it wouldn't make for good reality TV....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I CANNOT believe you gave it away!

This is the tale for next season's Lagina tale.

They go back in time and find it!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That treasure has LONG been gone.

Be it in 13 or whenever... but long gone.

The remnants found today are the remnants of the excavation.

Been a money dream pit ever since IMO.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That treasure has LONG been gone.

Be it in 13 or whenever... but long gone.

The remnants found today are the remnants of the excavation.

Been a money dream pit ever since IMO.

... if there was ever anything there to begin with.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO... the treasure is real...
Real gone.

The stories of failure to find the treasure are also IMO real...
Except for one...
the version of failure and finding nothing that came from the actual finder(s)...
whichever / whoever storyteller that was during the known attempts.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I am a big fan of the Oak Island story. Unfortunately, the chain of evidence was broken too many times to know these days, what exactly is, or was there. If we go back to the first story of Mcginnis, he recruited two of his friends, then 8 years later, he was part of the Onslow company(i think that's what is was called). If those stories are true, then a pattern appears that, Mcginnis was trying to get help to get the treasure(not a far stretch at all). Then, they got to 90 feet and stopped. the next day it is filled with water. If this is true, one can make the assumption, that they came back at night(Mcginnis and a few others), retrieved the treasure, and flooded the pit. The recent episode of TCOOI with the Cross from the Mcginnis sisters, would seem to make that theory true.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Theres no treasure. Not of great wealth anyway. Its an old tomb site.
Look at the sonar scans of the sea floor. You can see 3 entrances. The money pit was an emergency escape for the construction of the tomb. There are no flood tunnels or box drains. As the sea level rose it filled the caves and chambers. Now when people dig they think its booby trapped. No thats just the water table and ground sepadge. If they do ever get to the bottom. I dont think they will find the wealth they all talk about

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres no treasure. Not of great wealth anyway. Its an old tomb site.
Look at the sonar scans of the sea floor. You can see 3 entrances. The money pit was an emergency escape for the construction of the tomb. There are no flood tunnels or box drains. As the sea level rose it filled the caves and chambers. Now when people dig they think its booby trapped. No thats just the water table and ground sepadge. If they do ever get to the bottom. I dont think they will find the wealth they all talk about

I believe if they ever get to the bottom, Someone will Dream up a reason why they need to Dig another hundred or so Feet :laughing7: Etc.

the Treasure is the dream itself.

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heres a quick one. If you zoom in you can clearly see 3 circular hole depressions going straight in towards the money pit and 10x site. This area would have been the sea level at around the late BCs to early ADs

Attachments

• 1470818370866.jpg
    1470818370866.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 827

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread