Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Like Tree402Likes

Thread: Another season ..is this a joke?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2014
    Gastonia, NC
    Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
    77 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I just wonder what the sponsors or the people backing the money are thinking. This will be season 5 with no results. So many people before the Lagina brothers have failed. There's a reason for that. There's nothing to be found.
    Gaspipe and petetherocker like this.
    I'm not bad, but the bad don't mess with me

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipe View Post
    Yet another year of two doofus' brothers digging holes and the (almost never) History channel again adding to it's list of joke like shows that it won't drop. Let' s put that show on Bigfoot and the Giant show back to back to back with Oak Island . My only hope is that the money pit caves in and the entire island goes with it. Please god spare us any more stupidity.
    This is #1. When will the brothers coming back with another worthless season?
    Gaspipe likes this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    1557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm the Conqueror View Post
    Those people have no Skill, no Luck and less money!
    Sounds like me.
    Gaspipe likes this.

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pearson View Post
    I just wonder what the sponsors or the people backing the money are thinking. This will be season 5 with no results. So many people before the Lagina brothers have failed. There's a reason for that. There's nothing to be found.
    As long as the channel is making their margin on the show based off viewership/sponsors they will keep the show going if the brothers allow them... Either side could quit at anytime of course, year to year...

Nov 2015
    351 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    As long as the channel is making their margin on the show based off viewership/sponsors they will keep the show going if the brothers allow them... Either side could quit at anytime of course, year to year...
    The ratings will drop off pretty quick if the start another series with nothing left to do... Other the dig more holes everything else has been done.

The only thing really left to do would be freeze the ground and dig up a much bigger area to make sure they get the pit. Maybe a two part final episode special or something would pull good ratings.

The problem now though is all the metal pipes they have put in the ground would make digging difficult even if they froze the ground. I imagine it is pretty expensive/difficult to pull those metal pipes out of the ground and pretty difficult to dig a decent hole if they are still there.

The REAL issue to me is that if the brothers no longer believe in the treasure then them making another series is going to be pretty poor television and risks hurting their reputations from being genuine treasure seekers to scam artists. It would be sad in my view to see that....
    Live the moment...

ca
    Nov 2016
    In the wood
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    The ratings will drop off pretty quick if the start another series with nothing left to do... Other the dig more holes everything else has been done.

The only thing really left to do would be freeze the ground and dig up a much bigger area to make sure they get the pit. Maybe a two part final episode special or something would pull good ratings.

The problem now though is all the metal pipes they have put in the ground would make digging difficult even if they froze the ground. I imagine it is pretty expensive/difficult to pull those metal pipes out of the ground and pretty difficult to dig a decent hole if they are still there.

The REAL issue to me is that if the brothers no longer believe in the treasure then them making another series is going to be pretty poor television and risks hurting their reputations from being genuine treasure seekers to scam artists. It would be sad in my view to see that....
    I think they try to sell the place ...

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    122 times
    Not sure how much if any they actually own.. I know they have the "rights" to dig but not sure how or who actually owns all of it. Sure Dan B. owns some of it and the man that died last year owns some and both gave or sold rights for them to search on their land...

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links