Another season ..is this a joke?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the preview of next weeks episode looks promising. They all stand around as something clogs up the airlifting of 10x. Could it be the chest? The dead body? Cant wait to not find out.

Does anyone believe they will ever explore these tunnels? It looks like they can only spend like 20 - 30 minutes at that depth as it takes an hour to come up safely. They need some good robot diver drones with tons of light and good cameras to go see whats there and where they go... you know, the "flood tunnels!!!"

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the preview of next weeks episode looks promising. They all stand around as something clogs up the airlifting of 10x. Could it be the chest? The dead body? Cant wait to not find out.

Does anyone believe they will ever explore these tunnels? It looks like they can only spend like 20 - 30 minutes at that depth as it takes an hour to come up safely. They need some good robot diver drones with tons of light and good cameras to go see whats there and where they go... you know, the "flood tunnels!!!"

No tunnels ever existed. Only natural fissures...

Wally Taylor

Jan 3, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, White's Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last Season, Rick promised a diver would reach 10X by the end of the seaon. This Season, Marty said that they would have something of significance to show us by the end of the Seaon. There was a quote of Marty saying "Does anyone else have ANYTHING like this?" I for one think they will pull a substantial artifact by the end of Season 4.
Also, I mean, what else is there for a treasure freak like me to watch? I even liked "Snake Island", and I may be wrong, but I believe that the Gold Sun God that they found in the falls IS, genuine Jesuit Treasure. I may be wrong, but I enjoy these shows just because there is nothing else on TV that interests me as much as they do
I do hate the hokey narration, and they do drag it out though.

Last edited:

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P
Last Season, Rick promised a diver would reach 10X by the end of the seaon. This Season, Marty said that they would have something of significance to show us by the end of the Seaon. There was a quote of Marty saying "Does anyone else have ANYTHING like this?" I for one think they will pull a substantial artifact by the end of Season 4.
Also, I mean, what else is there for a treasure freak like me to watch? I even liked "Snake Island", and I may be wrong, but I believe that the Gold Sun God that they found in the falls IS, genuine Jesuit Treasure. I may be wrong, but I enjoy these shows just because there is nothing else on TV that interests me as much as they doi
I think they will find something substantial this season too. Not necessarily a treasure or even something valuable. Hopefully an artifact that gives us some concrete answers to this mystery.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since one of the most capable divers in the world found nothing in 10x, in order to keep the advertisers paying, something will be planted in 10x and "discovered" on the next dive...

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the whole sonar scanning this of 10x BS. 1st time scanned they found 'a chest' of approx 2' x 3' then when Chatterton went down, he found said 'chest' to be a rock of approx half that size, then proceeded to move it.

Yet when they scanned it the 2nd time, the rock didn't even show up on the scan. If there was any credibility to that 'scan' they should of found that rock again, just in a different spot. ???

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, I mean, what else is there for a treasure freak like me to watch? I even liked "Snake Island", and I may be wrong, but I believe that the Gold Sun God that they found in the falls IS, genuine Jesuit Treasure. I may be wrong, but I enjoy these shows just because there is nothing else on TV that interests me as much as they do

Totally with ya there bro! A couple of the only decent programs on the tube now.

I hope they do find something but dont think they will. I dont remember Marty saying what you quoted... might have been talking about all the drill gear. Or whatever is stuck in the pipe from the preview of next week.

I like Snake Island as well. They had a good story and it progressed from episode to episode. The second season a lil better than the first. I hope that turns out to be real treasure as well. Fingers crossed!!

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
News alert......The doofess brothers report that on the next episode they have discovered Bigfoot standing in the money pit holding the Holy Grail with one of the Knight's Templar's secret messages soon to be announced soon.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could it be that tonight we get answers to all the questions?

For sure! Answers to the questions we all ask!

Q: Why do we watch this show?
Q: Is there anything on that bloody island?
Q: Can they really drag this out for another whole season?
:BangHead:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
News alert......The doofess brothers report that on the next episode they have discovered Bigfoot standing in the money pit holding the Holy Grail with one of the Knight's Templar's secret messages soon to be announced soon.

Great :hello2:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the show and record it, I remember in third grade the early articles about pictures taken at the bottom and the mystery. I also believe the show to be just that, a show for TV ratings! I see current books about lost treasures for various states available for sale, and have to laugh at the one author who lists his credentials as being on this show. I watched the episode with him in it, he dresses the same on his book covers. But when I read a preview of his book and see the story for Alonzo yergen and realize I just read it earlier that day and grab my A Guide To Treasure Montana/Wyoming and turn to page 24, and see word for word where it came from. It tells me the whole thing is staged! I have an extensive collection on lost treasure stories from years of my personal research.

Mike Mercury

Dec 14, 2015
southwest Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't you find it interesting that those who constantly bash the show and the Lagina brothers... are some of the first to discuss the lastest episode that just aired???

There are threads in this section on Oak Island (not the show), and threads that are only about the show. I'm beginning to realize that some posters just like hearing themselves.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure! Answers to the questions we all ask!

Q: Why do we watch this show?
Q: Is there anything on that bloody island?
Q: Can they really drag this out for another whole season?
:BangHead:
In response to all three of your questions.
1. We all admire the grain of old wood.
2. Yes tons of wood from previous explorations.
3. Yes they can! Just as long as they don't run out of wood.

And #4 As long as they can find donors of relics for all the "experts" to authenticate as period.
Refer to the Boogeymans Dictionary under - Genuine artificial relics. :tongue3::laughing7:

To their credit the show is funnier than 90% of the comedy shows on the air!:laughing7:

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll watch it even if I know they won't find anything.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't you find it interesting that those who constantly bash the show and the Lagina brothers... are some of the first to discuss the lastest episode that just aired???

There are threads in this section on Oak Island (not the show), and threads that are only about the show. I'm beginning to realize that some posters just like hearing themselves.
You must have missed one of my posts in this thread so I will repeat it for you.... Watching this idiotic show is like looking at the sun ; you know it's bad for your eyes but sometimes you just can't help yourself.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have missed one of my posts in this thread so I will repeat it for you.... Watching this idiotic show is like looking at the sun ; you know it's bad for your eyes but sometimes you just can't help yourself.
lol... Your poor eyes...

The show is covering an interesting piece of history. It is just to dragged out and filled up with to much of little relevance rubbish. It would of made a really good three hour mini series (the whole 4 seasons).

When they do not find treasure at the end a chapter of history will be closed (I am sure there will be some people left who believe if they just dug 20 feet deeper or if the pit was 5 more feet to the left..)

It still has been a lot more interesting then most of the garbage they serve us up on the telly...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread