The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
La Rue, your already banned under El Chato and Treasminder.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think something was found by Champlain, but keep secret !

Need to check in on George Anson. The Shugborough Hall Monument was erected by his brother to honor him. His brother was Admiral of the Royal Navy. There is a poem out there by the House of Parliament where he came back to England with $2 Million Pounds in Spanish Gold. How much was on the 90 Foot Stone? Exactly. The encoded message on the Monument takes you within a mile or two of Oak Island.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Need to check in on George Anson. The Shugborough Hall Monument was erected by his brother to honor him. His brother was Admiral of the Royal Navy. There is a poem out there by the House of Parliament where he came back to England with $2 Million Pounds in Spanish Gold. How much was on the 90 Foot Stone? Exactly. The encoded message on the Monument takes you within a mile or two of Oak Island.

The encoded message on the Shugborough Monument is to be read as degrees and minutes of latitude and Longitude as the letters D and M tell us. The design of the Monument is a copy of the painting by Poussin mentioned in the Shepherdess Parchment of Rennes le Chateau fame, but cleverly reversed, indicating the figures for the coordinates should also be reversed, very simple, it cannot be decoded because everyone is looking for a more complicated solution. The Anson's but particularly Admiral George who was a Naval Commander were very much into seagoing navigation for which he was well known so the coordinate part makes perfect sense. The letters in the code simply represent the numbers 1 through 26 a code every child knows.
Poussin's "Shepherds in Arcadia" itself holds a clue also as simple. The Shepherd kneeling is pointing his index finger directly at the "R" in Arcadia with a puzzled look on his face. The R should't be there, it should read "In Acadia I". At the time of the Poussin painting the most talked about subject in France would have been "New France" (Acadia). Actually a closeup of the Shugborough will indicate the same thing, but the index finger points at the word "in" and very obviously has been broken off while the thumb is on the "R" and is also partly broken off.

If anyone is looking online for the Poussin, it is the 2nd one, not the one with the temptress.

Don't get too excited though franklin, all these clues do is take us to Nova Scotia not Oak Island! There is much more, but I digress....
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but place those compass readings and they will be one mile or two northeast of Oak Island.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not what I came up with?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never like hearing I am wrong. Go back to the 17th century map and you will find only 1.5 miles but here is the modern Google Map and it shows 7.78 miles Oak Island 2019.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never like hearing I am wrong. Go back to the 17th century map and you will find only 1.5 miles but here is the modern Google Map and it shows 7.78 miles View attachment 1682773

Sorry, but the correct interpretation of the code puts you at 28.61 miles from Oak Island on Moosehorn Lake almost exactly in the center of Atlantic Nova Scotia, which I believe is what was intended. Btw, there are no seconds recorded in the code, only degrees and minutes! Oh, and they are not compass readings, they are "coordinates", compass readings are a direction not a location.

There are other codes that would take you to the exact spot near Annapolis Basin, A site I visited several years ago.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not using Seconds only degrees and minutes as that is all that is decoded out of the letters on the Shugborough Hall's Monument. And yes I know the difference in compass readings and co-ordinates. I will correct you someday on your miss wordings. Also my co-ordinates are correct but them into Google Earth and find out for yourself or anyone else. No one is correct all the time and neither are you.

OUOSVAVV

44 degrees 36 minutes latitude
64 degrees 11 minutes longitude

Back in the 17th Century if they were within one-half of one degree they were doing good. So I believe this is quite accurate.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not using Seconds only degrees and minutes as that is all that is decoded out of the letters on the Shugborough Hall's Monument. And yes I know the difference in compass readings and co-ordinates. I will correct you someday on your miss wordings. Also my co-ordinates are correct but them into Google Earth and find out for yourself or anyone else. No one is correct all the time and neither are you.

OUOSVAVV

44 degrees 36 minutes latitude
64 degrees 11 minutes longitude

Back in the 17th Century if they were within one-half of one degree they were doing good. So I believe this is quite accurate.

On post #50 you called it compass readings, I was merely correcting you! I believe you are still wrong but you did help me with a problem of my own in the decoding. You certainly have the right idea, but the 63 61 would have to be 64 01 for the math to be correct. Either way it is too general to be locating a unique point. The code points generally to Nova Scotia or Acadia, don't forget the painting that the Monument is based on. The reason I am sure of this is because by using a more accurate code also mentioned in the "Shepherdess Parchment" from Rennes le Chateau, I stood on what I believe to be the actual site near Annapolis Basin!

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On post #50 you called it compass readings, I was merely correcting you! I believe you are still wrong but you did help me with a problem of my own in the decoding. You certainly have the right idea, but the 63 61 would have to be 64 01 for the math to be correct. Either way it is too general to be locating a unique point. The code points generally to Nova Scotia or Acadia, don't forget the painting that the Monument is based on. The reason I am sure of this is because by using a more accurate code also mentioned in the "Shepherdess Parchment" from Rennes le Chateau, I stood on what I believe to be the actual site near Annapolis Basin!

Cheers, Loki

How could you come up with "63 61" ? No such coordinate or even 64 01, but even that is coming from a wrong co ordinate? The monument has D for Degrees on the left and M for Minutes on the right. Take 44 Degrees then 36 Minutes from the Minute End. The Numbers in the middle are scrambled no need making it too easy. Unscrambled 64 Degrees 11 Minutes. No wonder you are off more than 30 miles.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How could you come up with "63 61" ? No such coordinate or even 64 01, but even that is coming from a wrong co ordinate? The monument has D for Degrees on the left and M for Minutes on the right. Take 44 Degrees then 36 Minutes from the Minute End. The Numbers in the middle are scrambled no need making it too easy. Unscrambled 64 Degrees 11 Minutes. No wonder you are off more than 30 miles.

That was the problem I had, it was scrambled whereas "63 61" is the correct number but to turn it into readable degrees and minutes it becomes "64 01" no arbitrary unscrambling necessary, get it, 61 minutes of longitude is/ 1 degree and 1 minute of a degree = 61 minutes, But the real point is that it makes no difference, it is still Nova Scotia. Degrees on the left and minutes on the right!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sense in arguing as El Chato can not respond.

You ban the Man for Typing : " I've taken a S__t bigger then the KT artifacts found on Oak Island "

Boy , that's tuff S__t .

LOL

Cheap shot Dude .

does it pay well ?

Ban away Big Boy .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread