The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, at the time it was not yet known that coconuts were not introduced to anywhere in the Atlantic Basin prior to 1500Ad (Atlantic Basin includes the Mediterranean and the Caribbean).

Cheers, Loki
You are making a big assumption here... It may be that they are 98%+ sure (or something like that) this is also consistent with the statement underneath the picture. You have the link send them an email and ask....

"ALMOST CERTAINLY" sound pretty sure to me.

My experience is that museum curators (research scientists for the most part) do not just "guess" with no attempt of finding evidence before making claims on exhibits...

You seem to imply (along with some others here) that the museum has just put such an important piece of local history on display and made a completely false assumption about that display...

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cite the reference source that states that the Templars absolutely had V-hull vessels.

Don't have to. We know that these vessels that were based in the Atlantic, sailed in the Atlantic and that makes them capable of doing so! True that 18 vessels left La Rochelle and legend says they went various directions, South to Portugal, North to Scotland and as I premise a couple (obviously ocean capable) wintered in Scotland on Loch Etive leaving in the Spring to follow Viking (Norse) routes to North America.

The clues from the Shepherdess Parchment; Poussin's second Arcadia painting places the Grail in "Acadia", the inscription on the Shugborough Monument places it in Nova Scotia, and the Tenniers puts it at a location near Annapolis Basin!

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are making a big assumption here... It may be that they are 98%+ sure (or something like that) this is also consistent with the statement underneath the picture. You have the link send them an email and ask....

No, not an assumption, I am sure, I have several times here quoted the three researchers who proved coconuts first appeared in the Atlantic Basin when brought there by Portuguese sailors in 1499.

Cheers, Loki

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not an assumption, I am sure, I have several times here quoted the three researchers who proved coconuts first appeared in the Atlantic Basin when brought there by Portuguese sailors in 1499.

Cheers, Loki
Loki some coconuts being from the Atlantic does not mean others were not from the Caribbean. If the coconut husks were used as packing in ships, they could have come from multiple locations as this material was "reused" over and over again. I fail to see why you are unwilling to accept that possibility even when the evidence is presented. You seem to be convinced without evidence that all the coconut material came from the same location. The multiple dating's and sources however suggest the material did not originate in a single location.

Both the source you are quoting and the museum could be correct.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have to. We know that these vessels that were based in the Atlantic, sailed in the Atlantic and that makes them capable of doing so!

There is a difference between a vessel used for shore-hugging trips, and one capable of trans-oceanic voyages.

The clues from the Shepherdess Parchment; Poussin's second Arcadia painting places the Grail in "Acadia", the inscription on the Shugborough Monument places it in Nova Scotia, and the Tenniers puts it at a location near Annapolis Basin!

Speculation based on supposition based on imagination based on fiction. Everything but a solid verifiable fact.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't have to. We know that these vessels that were based in the Atlantic, sailed in the Atlantic and that makes them capable of doing so! True that 18 vessels left La Rochelle and legend says they went various directions...
You don't have to because it is not documented, and as always fill in the blanks speculation is substituted for hard evidence and facts.

The clues from the Shepherdess Parchment; Poussin's second Arcadia painting places the Grail in "Acadia"...
It is spelled "ARCADIA". You know that, why do keep misrepresenting that.

the inscription on the Shugborough Monument places it in Nova Scotia, and the Tenniers puts it at a location near Annapolis Basin!
Once again maybe, could be assumption and speculation to fits ones pet theory

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Speculation based on supposition based on imagination based on fiction. Everything but a solid verifiable fact.
It appears that some do not know the difference between credited degreed professional historians and museum curators and the quasi historian authors who publish pseudo populist prattle that mix minimal historical fact with massive amounts of assumption and speculation that eager believer accept as true then post it as fact under the mantra of "I know something you and the legitimate historians don't"- because as everyone has been told, its all part of the conspiracy of suppressed history by (fill in your own choice).

arcana-exploration

May 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Jesuits were expelled by the King of Spain and the Pope worldwide at the time the money pit was started, They were what became of the Knights Templars.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't have to. We know that these vessels that were based in the Atlantic, sailed in the Atlantic and that makes them capable of doing so! True that 18 vessels left La Rochelle and legend says they went various directions...
You don't have to because it is not documented, and as always fill in the blanks speculation is substituted for hard evidence and facts.

The clues from the Shepherdess Parchment; Poussin's second Arcadia painting places the Grail in "Acadia"...

the inscription on the Shugborough Monument places it in Nova Scotia, and the Tenniers puts it at a location near Annapolis Basin!
Once again maybe, could be assumption and speculation to fits ones pet theory

Not misrepresented, sure its spelled Arcadia but both Poussin and the creator of the Shugborough monument show us the "R" should be removed making the inscriptions read Acadia. The obvious code on the Shugborough is a set of coordinates, the "D" and "M" tell us that, and those coordinates take us to Nova Scotia which is part of Acadia, is it not? The Tenniers actually gives us the exact location, a site I have visited, near Annapolis Basin! Call it what you want, assumption, speculation, misrepresentation or what ever, it doesn't change what I believe.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It appears that some do not know the difference between credited degreed professional historians and museum curators and the quasi historian authors who publish pseudo populist prattle that mix minimal historical fact with massive amounts of assumption and speculation that eager believer accept as true then post it as fact under the mantra of "I know something you and the legitimate historians don't"- because as everyone has been told, its all part of the conspiracy of suppressed history by (fill in your own choice).

This is what you write about every author of the Knights Templar history I have quoted. The fact is they are all (all four) creditable and respected authors and you are doing each of them a great disservice. If you were to actually question them you would find that they mostly do not agree with my own premises, but because I quote them you vilify them. That in itself speaks of someone with an ulterior motive.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki some coconuts being from the Atlantic does not mean others were not from the Caribbean. If the coconut husks were used as packing in ships, they could have come from multiple locations as this material was "reused" over and over again. I fail to see why you are unwilling to accept that possibility even when the evidence is presented. You seem to be convinced without evidence that all the coconut material came from the same location. The multiple dating's and sources however suggest the material did not originate in a single location.

Both the source you are quoting and the museum could be correct.

The Caribbean is part of the Atlantic Basin!

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Lokiblossom said:
Not misrepresented, sure its spelled Arcadia but both Poussin and the creator of the Shugborough monument show us the "R" should be removed making the inscriptions read Acadia. The obvious code on the Shugborough is a set of coordinates, the "D" and "M" tell us that, and those coordinates take us to Nova Scotia which is part of Acadia, is it not? The Tenniers actually gives us the exact location, a site I have visited, near Annapolis Basin! Call it what you want, assumption, speculation, misrepresentation or what ever, it doesn't change what I believe.

Cheers, Loki

This post became muddled so I brought it up again!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you not quote that whole post, post #623?

Cheers, Loki

I have tried for years to get the moderators to get people like ECS from cutting out parts of quotes or post and putting some together to make a book of something that is not TRUE

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cheers, Loki

Further reading on this subject......recommended.
If you wish to keep it simple, scroll down to the heading "ACADIA".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_(utopia)

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Why do you not quote that whole post, post #623?
I just post the quotes of yours to which I was making a direct reply. Therefore there was no reason to post the entire quote. Franklin, you are one that needs not to accuse others of posting "something that is not true".
...and we are all aware of all your complaining to the moderators for many various reasons, mostly unjustified.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Further reading on this subject......recommended.
If you wish to keep it simple, scroll down to the heading "ACADIA".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_(utopia)

Note the sentence in the above link in reference to Poussin's tombstone inscription:
"The phrase is used frequently in conspiracy fiction, such as the pseudo-historical work, HOLY BLOOD. HOLY GRAIL"...

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note the sentence in the above link in reference to Poussin's tombstone inscription:
"The phrase is used frequently in conspiracy fiction, such as the pseudo-historical work, HOLY BLOOD. HOLY GRAIL"...

....edited to show the user of the quote above.....

Which doesn't change the history of how the name was originally used, and changed back when.
Despite your attempts to cherry-pick-apart any theories which don't align with whatever YOU have decided is factual.
I'm not sure you even have a theory......do you ??
As in.....who,what, when and why ?

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which doesn't change the history of how the name was originally used, and changed back when.
Despite your attempts to cherry-pick-apart any theories which don't align with whatever YOU have decided is factual.
I'm not sure you even have a theory......do you ??
As in.....who,what, when and why ?

When a poster can give ECS the facts and documentation he seeks there will be no treasure to find. If anyone had all the answers they would have all the treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread