Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 595
Like Tree520Likes

Thread: The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #481
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,306
    828 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    ...and in Addison's excellent history book where is his Templar connection to Oak Island?

    There is none, and what is funny is that I never said there was!

    Cheers, Loki
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  2. #482
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    There is none, and what is funny is that I never said there was!
    What is funny is that you mentioned his book on a thread that is about a "Knights Templar connection to Oak Island".
    You never said there was a connection, true, but by inclusion into this discussion, it was tacitly implied.
    As an author, you would know that.
    alan m and AARC like this.

  3. #483
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    As an author myself I knew there was a difference...
    'nuff said!

  4. #484
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,306
    828 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    There you go with your own disinformation. I never wrote that it was a known fact that the Templars visited Ardchattan, it is only my premise, along with a few others.
    And I have spent considerable time on the website of Ardchattan (actually there are several websites), Some of my relatives are from that area. Do the Ardchattan historians know exactly what Robert the Bruce discussed there? Or even the exact date, 1308 or 1309? Very little is really known about the early events at Ardchattan! Who would know much about a couple of ships wintering there in 1307-1308?

    What i did write, was that many respectable Templar historians say some knights escaped to Scotland. You do realize that although all of Ardchattan is in Scotland, not all of Scotland is Ardchattan?

    And yes, it is also well known that many Templars simply joined the Knights of Christ in Portugal. But it is important to note that at the time of their arrest in France the Knights of Christ did not exist and they had no knowledge at the time they would be safe there. No radio or telephones or ect.

    I also wrote that "parts unknown" was a given, any problem with that?

    Cheers, Loki
    This is what I responded with! And then the names of three respected Templar historians.

    Cheers, Loki

  5. #485
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Loki, you have played "well respected historians" name drop card throughout this thread as if they supported the Knights Templar connection to Oak Island. Too late to reshuffle the deck when all the cards are on the table except for the Joker.
    AARC likes this.

  6. #486
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,306
    828 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Loki, you have played "well respected historians" name drop card throughout this thread as if they supported the Knights Templar connection to Oak Island. Too late to reshuffle the deck when all the cards are on the table except for the Joker.
    No, only that some well respected historians support a Templar escape to Scotland. None of them ever mentioned Oak Island or Nova Scotia. It was you who claimed I must have received my premises from some Templar book and insinuated that my named historians were ultimately responsible!

    I do use information from those three historians to support the fact that the Knights Templar always (for 200 years) maintained a fairly large fleet of warships, that they used the Port of La Rochelle, were based in Cyprus and in early 1307, following a request from the Pope, sailed a large contingent of vessels back to France from Cyprus, more than likely to their Atlantic port of La Rochelle

    This information is important to my own premise, proving that they had the ability to sail to Nova Scotia as well as being better placed at the correct time period than anybody else, to have used and transported the coconut fibre found on Oak Island.

    Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; May 16, 2019 at 05:20 AM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  7. #487
    us
    ARC

    Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    18,794
    40697 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    IF the island had Templar activity...

    IF treasure was buried on the island...

    Both are long gone and NO definitive proof of either will ever come to light in our lifetimes.

    Perhaps they can DNA a piece of dirt in the hole one day...

    and relate it to someone on this thread as a distant relative to a well digger that once lived in Montana and had two kids he took on an island trip vacation.

    The chances are about the same as this puzzle being completed.

    FOR...

    You have to have the pieces to begin with. heh
    ECS and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

  8. #488
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    ... It was you who claimed I must have received my premises from some Templar book and insinuated that my named historians were ultimately responsible!..
    If you say so, Loki, but that is not necessarily true.

  9. #489
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    369
    481 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post

    I do use information from those three historians to support the fact that the Knights Templar always (for 200 years) maintained a fairly large fleet of warships, that they used the Port of La Rochelle, were based in Cyprus
    Cheers, Loki
    The Templar fleet was never based in Cyprus, actual fact; the Templars owned the island for less than one year before a revolt by the people who lived there caused the Templars to give the island back to King Richard.
    Rebel - KGC and ECS like this.
    Some books are dangerous, not to be opened with impunity.
    Not everything that can be counted, counts
    Not everything that counts, can be counted

  10. #490
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,306
    828 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    The Templar fleet was never based in Cyprus, actual fact; the Templars owned the island for less than one year before a revolt by the people who lived there caused the Templars to give the island back to King Richard.

    You're talking about when the Templars bought Cyprus from King Richard in 1191 and returned it in 1192, but since 1191 they had always maintained a presence there until their demise in 1307.

    One hundred years later in 1291 when Acre fell, Cyprus became the central base for the Templar Order until 1307.

    The fact is that the Knights Templar maintained a base on Cyprus for 116 years and it was their central base for the last 16 years.

    As for my 200 year comment, that was only meant generally and for the period of which they owned ships.

    Cheer, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; May 16, 2019 at 01:30 PM.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

  11. #491
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    ...
    I do use information from those three historians to support the fact that the Knights Templar always (for 200 years) maintained a fairly large fleet of warships, that they used the Port of La Rochelle, were based in Cyprus and in early 1307, following a request from the Pope, sailed a large contingent of vessels back to France from Cyprus, more than likely to their Atlantic port of La Rochelle ...
    Where is the source of a Templar fleet of "warships"?
    The Templars did maintain a fleet of galleys and short distance merchant ships , most were leased or hired , complete with crew.
    The only mention of a "lost Templar fleet" came from the Papal torture interrogation testimony of Brother Jean de Chalons:
    "The leaders of the Order fled, and he himself met Brother de Villiers leading fifty horses; and he heard it said that he set out to sea with eighteen galleys and that Brother Hugues de Chalons fled with the whole treasure of Brother Hugues de Pairaud"
    VATICAN ARCHIVE- REGISTRA AVENIONENSIA 48f450r June 1308
    Note that de Chalons stated that "he heard it said", which is NOT an eye witness account, and remember this is the ONLY documented account of 18 galleys (NOT WARSHIPS) setting out to sea with "treasure".
    Quasi alternative historians Baigent and Leigh were the first to use this account and expanded this man's tortured testimony to what many now accept as fact that 18 Templar ships escaped from La Rochelle.
    Last edited by ECS; May 16, 2019 at 04:23 PM.
    alan m likes this.

  12. #492
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    ...
    This information is important to my own premise, proving that they had the ability to sail to Nova Scotia as well as being better placed at the correct time period than anybody else, to have used and transported the coconut fibre found on Oak Island.
    11th Century Arabian writers mention the use of coconut coir for use in ropes and ships rigging, which was common usage during that period, and that during the Templars activities in Jerusalem, and in later centuries.
    With that stated, there is NO documented reference from that period of the Templars gathering, storing, using coconut coir.
    AARC likes this.

  13. #493
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    369
    481 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    You're talking about when the Templars bought Cyprus from King Richard in 1191 and returned it in 1192, but since 1191 they had always maintained a presence there until their demise in 1307.

    One hundred years later in 1291 when Acre fell, Cyprus became the central base for the Templar Order until 1307.

    The fact is that the Knights Templar maintained a base on Cyprus for 116 years and it was their central base for the last 16 years.

    As for my 200 year comment, that was only meant generally and for the period of which they owned ships.

    Cheer, Loki
    Sorry but your wrong, King Richard took the island from the Muslims because they had captured some of his men who got shipwrecked there.
    you should study up on your history.
    ECS and Rebel - KGC like this.
    Some books are dangerous, not to be opened with impunity.
    Not everything that can be counted, counts
    Not everything that counts, can be counted

  14. #494
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9,666
    11228 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    ...
    As for my 200 year comment, that was only meant generally and for the period of which they owned ships.
    How many ships did the Knights Templar actually own?
    As mentioned several times, the Templars leased and hired short range merchant ships and galleys complete with their crews.

    *NOTE* David Hatcher Childress book, PIRATES AND THE LOST TEMPLAR FLEET is another pseudo history posing as history tale based on minimal fact but with over the top assumptions by a quasi historian.
    Childress' premise is that the Templars escaped from La Rochelle to Scotland, hooked up with the St Clair (Sinclair) family, who with Scottish Rite Freemasons, created a pirate fleet that waged war on Vatican, Spanish, and Italian ships.
    Timelines as well as actual facts are ignored in this voyage to fantasyland.
    Last edited by ECS; May 16, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
    alan m likes this.

  15. #495
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    369
    481 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    How many ships did the Knights Templar actually own?
    As mentioned several times, the Templars leased and hired short range merchant ships and galleys complete with their crews.
    You are right, it was the Byzantine Navy that the Templars had a close relationship with, so technically, any ships the Templars used would have been owned and crewed by the Byzantines.
    ECS likes this.
    Some books are dangerous, not to be opened with impunity.
    Not everything that can be counted, counts
    Not everything that counts, can be counted

 

 
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Knights Templar Sword..
    By BISHOP in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2015, 10:36 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Knights Templar Buckle
    By worldtalker in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 11, 2014, 04:26 PM
  3. Maltese? Knights Templar?
    By pharris9 in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2013, 06:39 PM
  4. knights of templar badge or????
    By allsmith in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2007, 07:13 AM
  5. Knights Templar Help
    By OutBack Duo in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jun 09, 2007, 06:36 PM

Search tags for this page

the golden fleece alchemy oak island

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0