The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where is the verified documentation that Nova Scotia "was known to them and that's where they went"

Loki, you avoided answering this question concerning the verified documentation of your statement that Nova Scotia "was well known to the Templars and that's where they went".
Is this statement a "supposition" or "speculation" on your part, and no source of verified documented evidence exists that can support your statements that keeps you from answering this very basic question?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Robert the Bruce was excommunicated because he killed John Comyn, it had NOTHING to do with the Templars

Where did I say the Templars had anything to do with Robert the Bruce being excommunicated. At least pay attention and attack me for stuff I do write!

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki, you avoided answering this question concerning the verified documentation of your statement that Nova Scotia "was well known to the Templars and that's where they went".
Is this statement a "supposition" or "speculation" on your part, and no source of verified documented evidence exists that can support your statements that keeps you from answering this very basic question?

Vinland!!!

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Where did I say the Templars had anything to do with Robert the Bruce being excommunicated. At least pay attention and attack me for stuff I do write!

Cheers, Loki
Sorry Loki, I was not attacking you....I just thought your post needed some clarification as I read it to mean that those who followed Bruce were excommunicated because he was excommunicated.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...and what and where from their time period is the documented source that the Templars knew of Vinland?

No documentation other than the Icelandic Sagas, only reasonable assumption. Templars and Norse were in close proximity in Scotland for almost 200 years, particularly in the areas of Nairn, which was certainly a Scandinavian settlement, also Mary Cutler and Aberdeen. The general content of the Sagas that had originated as oral stories was known quite well by most Norsemen and it would seem almost impossible that they wouldn't have had meaningful discussion with local Templars. As I have written many times, the map to Helluland, Markland and Vinland could have been drawn on a bar napkin.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there is much of a connection between the Norse and the Knights Templar. The Hird and Housecarl (medieval Norse knights) were not enmeshed with the Teutonic Knights or Knights Templar by the time the latter two came along.

Now, if you maintained the Norse were on Oak Island long time past . . . that would make sense. They were in the region 1,000 ADish

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think there is much of a connection between the Norse and the Knights Templar. The Hird and Housecarl (medieval Norse knights) were not enmeshed with the Teutonic Knights or Knights Templar by the time the latter two came along.

Now, if you maintained the Norse were on Oak Island long time past . . . that would make sense. They were in the region 1,000 ADish

What do the Hird and Housecarl have to do with my assumption? I am considering the average learned Norse descendant would have heard of the oral tradition that became the basis for the Sagas that involved Vinland. What became the New World was certainly assumed to be there by most Europeans, what was not generally understood was the distance, but most did know the Earth was round.

And I do not doubt for one minute that the Norse arrived on Nova Scotia (before I get jumped on, I know that's not what it was called at the time) well before the Templars. As a matter of fact, the way I understand the Icelandic Sagas I believe Nova Scotia was the "Vinland". And New Scotland was also represented as the babe in Scottish plaid in Berenger Sauniere's little Church dedicated to the Magdalene.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No documentation other than the Icelandic Sagas, only reasonable assumption...
While reading the Nowell Codex, one can make a reasonable assumption that after Beowulf killed Grendel, Grendel's brother stole a longboat and sailed to Nova Scotia with others of his kind, establishing the sasquatch line of North America.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
While reading the Nowell Codex, one can make a reasonable assumption that after Beowulf killed Grendel, Grendel's brother stole a longboat and sailed to Nova Scoria with others of his kind, establishing the sasquatch line of North America.

I guess if you don't have a good argument...

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do the Hird and Housecarl have to do with my assumption? I am considering the average learned Norse descendant would have heard of the oral tradition that became the basis for the Sagas that involved Vinland. What became the New World was certainly assumed to be there by most Europeans, what was not generally understood was the distance, but most did know the Earth was round.

You said previously:

Templars and Norse were in close proximity in Scotland for almost 200 years.

They were . . . but 200 years gap between when the Norse left or habitated and when the Templars "might" have been around.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"He's on to us Skirnir. Time for Operation Ragnarök."

You're preaching to the choir, here, fraendi.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the Norse were here . . . but not the Templars, nor any common Norse/Templar activity in North America.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions