Season 4

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What are you basing "ground level" on? The island has been excavated, tossed, dug, dozed and graded about a dozen times.

bc2d863776de29060135f496947443b8.jpg

132_0001.jpg

dunfield.jpg

Last edited:

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just saw the last episode and was so irritated by it I had to find a forum on the show to express my frustration. I to have been interested in this mystery since I read the RD article as a kid while staying at my grandmothers. I have watched every episode waiting for the brothers to get the balls to start digging. They finally do it, get to the vault, and stop and think? Really! Are you telling me these business geniuses never thought about what to do when they hit bottom? They had all winter to come up with a plan. Either blast through and sift through the tailings, have a man ready to descend to the bottom and carefully cut his way in to it (my choice), or dig another foot in to the void and have a camera at the ready to film. Clearly they thought through the digging part. But not once they decided what to do when they got there. That is like spending 15+ years finding a girl for the first time that would do it and you say stop, I now need to think about it. You know that damn whole is going to fill with water just like the last two times they dug to this depth. I want to believe that the show is not one big scam despite lots of evidence to suggest otherwise (the mystery sword, hooked x pottery, endless dead ends, ...).

Sorry, rant over.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just saw the last episode and was so irritated by it I had to find a forum on the show to express my frustration. I to have been interested in this mystery since I read the RD article as a kid while staying at my grandmothers. I have watched every episode waiting for the brothers to get the balls to start digging. They finally do it, get to the vault, and stop and think? Really! Are you telling me these business geniuses never thought about what to do when they hit bottom? They had all winter to come up with a plan. Either blast through and sift through the tailings, have a man ready to descend to the bottom and carefully cut his way in to it (my choice), or dig another foot in to the void and have a camera at the ready to film. Clearly they thought through the digging part. But not once they decided what to do when they got there. That is like spending 15+ years finding a girl for the first time that would do it and you say stop, I now need to think about it. You know that damn whole is going to fill with water just like the last two times they dug to this depth. I want to believe that the show is not one big scam despite lots of evidence to suggest otherwise (the mystery sword, hooked x pottery, endless dead ends, ...).

Sorry, rant over.
Hi Hunter

Welcome to the forum and the discussion. Great point. You would think they would of discussed what to do once the got to the "alleged vault" they knew it was there from the earlier episode (that's why they chose to dig at that spot).

Hopefully soon they will answer the questions and not just drag it out for the rest of the season...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sorry, rant over.

it is soooo sweet to see someone who really thinks it is real

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those are the kind of guys who find a girl, wait for the cameras to line up the shot and for the tv check to clear then
play the next scene

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone knew that when the brothers started digging the actual money pit that they would stop at some point when "something" was found and move on to something else. Narrator: "What's this... a piece of wood? (never mind the fact that millions of pieces of wood from past excavations are present). Could this be the wood from an actual treasure chamber? Could the 45acp brass casing and bullet found have been used to kill capt. kidd? Stay tuned for next week when the brothers stop digging the money pit and move on to another imaginary holes"

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That .45 casing is obvious proof that Capt Kidd fought off Templar guards that only had Roman swords to defend themselves with and their bodies were later placed at New Ross in a tunnel, next to a Templar Castle, Holy Well, vault and rock wall near a vortex that Ley lines pointed them to. !00% proof.....I know because a green Leprechaun told me so!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
personally I found it pretty boring so Far.
But to be fair it was just the 1st. episode.
I just hope they do more digging then B.S.'ing this year.

I'd tell them to prove things or go home.
their imaginations keep getting in the way.

the Diver last season Told them there as nothing but a Rock in the Bottom of 10X
they started this season suggesting he was a liar or a fool :(
me Thinks the old man may be a bit senile from diving without proper air
years ago & is now & grabbing at Straws.
When they had Chatterton say after his dive there was nothing there, that's when I couldn't understand why they kept sending more less experienced divers down there. Chatterton has better creds than all the others combined. Personally I think all they're gonna find in 10X is some questionable trinkets. As far as Blankenship goes, there's probably a bunch of us here that are old enough to say we dived with the same equipment & air he did and we're still motoring along on our own two. He's like 93 or so? I just hope my memory holds out that long!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That .45 casing is obvious proof that Capt Kidd fought off Templar guards that only had Roman swords to defend themselves with and their bodies were later placed at New Ross in a tunnel, next to a Templar Castle, Holy Well, vault and rock wall near a vortex that Ley lines pointed them to. !00% proof.....I know because a green Leprechaun told me so!

Someone has finally analyzed oak island and put together the only plausible explanation! Sheer genius!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they had Chatterton say after his dive there was nothing there, that's when I couldn't understand why they kept sending more less experienced divers down there. Chatterton has better creds than all the others combined. Personally I think all they're gonna find in 10X is some questionable trinkets. As far as Blankenship goes, there's probably a bunch of us here that are old enough to say we dived with the same equipment & air he did and we're still motoring along on our own two. He's like 93 or so? I just hope my memory holds out that long!

Why? Because they were trying to keep folks interested in the tv show...

Dec 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SW. As you can see from my forum name, I like treasure stories. Can you please lead me in the direction of a better treasure tale than this one? Preferably one where the excavations have already begun, like this one.

I was under the impression that a future excavation (speaking in terms of the year 2000 or so.) was realized to be too expensive for investors to back the project strictly on the grounds that they would be compensated by whatever treasure they might find. If they were compensated by Tide, Digiorno Pizza, and Nascar, however, the project was financially reasonable. I used to cut grass for a rich community when I was a kid. Rich people are the stingiest people on Earth. In my eyes, the Laginas are rich. Certainly rich enough to buy Oak Island. So to think they aren't going to try to minimalize expense, and perhaps even profit from an empty excavation is unrealistic. Watching the progress now is much more intriguing than the previous 10 years when nothing was done. And with DVR, I don't have to watch the fluff, and commercials. I am very receptive to a more intriguing tale though, if you have one.

Also, to stir another turd. The Dunfield excavation. I have yet to see a picture of a hole he dug that looked deeper than 30 feet. The deepest ones actually appear to be filled with water. All that is left from Dunfield is accounts. Some say he dug 135 feet. Some say 150. Regardless, the Laginas found wood at 140 feet or so. I'm not sure what the buoyancy of different woods are that have been buried for x-amount of years, (then perhaps dried out during excavation) but I would assume any Dunfield logs would've been found nearer sea level as his hole was flooded when he backfilled it. And if the Laginas found wood that Dunfield was just getting to at the 135-150 mark when the pit flooded, it's still an extraordinary find. It did seem most of the wood was found in the first section of caisson, along with the bullet shell. Floating wood during backfill, and a later target-practice session seem pretty realistic to me. I realize how easy it would be to plant that wood, but is it really that easy to keep everyone quiet about the conspiracy? There are a lot of people involved now, including the Canadian government. I'm assuming a conspiracy of that magnitude would involve some jail time for someone. The well-drillers from last years episodes would seem the most approachable, and have the best information if they are trying to mislead the audience. I know there is a large portion of posters on this thread who think the believers in Oak Island are naïve dreamers. However, I believe the naysayers are naïve conspiracy theorists. Keeping in mind there is no conspiracy about keeping drama going on TV shows. That is a well known requirement of any TV show for the entire history of the television. I would sooner believe that the Laginas are withholding key information than making stuff up. What was the incentive to buy the island before the TV show? Dan Blankeship's incentive? Like I said, get me Johnny-well-driller's testimony that the show is a fraud and I might believe you. I won't accept testimonies of fired crew members, because their incentive is clearly to make the History Channel look bad. (Which I don't need any more evidence of.) Johnny-well-drillers incentive was to get paid for drilling some holes. Until then, we are both in theory land. And I must say that the evidence that man has been 140 feet underground on Oak Island (Chappell's account as well) is much stronger than the theory that all evidence was either planted, or a natural phenomena.

Your ball:icon_thumright

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are gonna fake a Gold Find somewhere else this week.
Just to keep up with Treasure Quest
and have an Excuse , for not continuing at the Dig Site.
other then the truth, that there is nothing at the bottom but mud

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SW. As you can see from my forum name, I like treasure stories. Can you please lead me in the direction of a better treasure tale than this one? Preferably one where the excavations have already begun, like this one.

I was under the impression that a future excavation (speaking in terms of the year 2000 or so.) was realized to be too expensive for investors to back the project strictly on the grounds that they would be compensated by whatever treasure they might find. If they were compensated by Tide, Digiorno Pizza, and Nascar, however, the project was financially reasonable. I used to cut grass for a rich community when I was a kid. Rich people are the stingiest people on Earth. In my eyes, the Laginas are rich. Certainly rich enough to buy Oak Island. So to think they aren't going to try to minimalize expense, and perhaps even profit from an empty excavation is unrealistic. Watching the progress now is much more intriguing than the previous 10 years when nothing was done. And with DVR, I don't have to watch the fluff, and commercials. I am very receptive to a more intriguing tale though, if you have one.

Also, to stir another turd. The Dunfield excavation. I have yet to see a picture of a hole he dug that looked deeper than 30 feet. The deepest ones actually appear to be filled with water. All that is left from Dunfield is accounts. Some say he dug 135 feet. Some say 150. Regardless, the Laginas found wood at 140 feet or so. I'm not sure what the buoyancy of different woods are that have been buried for x-amount of years, (then perhaps dried out during excavation) but I would assume any Dunfield logs would've been found nearer sea level as his hole was flooded when he backfilled it. And if the Laginas found wood that Dunfield was just getting to at the 135-150 mark when the pit flooded, it's still an extraordinary find. It did seem most of the wood was found in the first section of caisson, along with the bullet shell. Floating wood during backfill, and a later target-practice session seem pretty realistic to me. I realize how easy it would be to plant that wood, but is it really that easy to keep everyone quiet about the conspiracy? There are a lot of people involved now, including the Canadian government. I'm assuming a conspiracy of that magnitude would involve some jail time for someone. The well-drillers from last years episodes would seem the most approachable, and have the best information if they are trying to mislead the audience. I know there is a large portion of posters on this thread who think the believers in Oak Island are naïve dreamers. However, I believe the naysayers are naïve conspiracy theorists. Keeping in mind there is no conspiracy about keeping drama going on TV shows. That is a well known requirement of any TV show for the entire history of the television. I would sooner believe that the Laginas are withholding key information than making stuff up. What was the incentive to buy the island before the TV show? Dan Blankeship's incentive? Like I said, get me Johnny-well-driller's testimony that the show is a fraud and I might believe you. I won't accept testimonies of fired crew members, because their incentive is clearly to make the History Channel look bad. (Which I don't need any more evidence of.) Johnny-well-drillers incentive was to get paid for drilling some holes. Until then, we are both in theory land. And I must say that the evidence that man has been 140 feet underground on Oak Island (Chappell's account as well) is much stronger than the theory that all evidence was either planted, or a natural phenomena.

Your ball:icon_thumright

If you wish to follow a real treasure story you will need to look at other topics listed in the "Treasure Legends" area as all of those have not yet been 100% disproven like the oak island hoax has...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last two (of the season):

Circles in Wood
All That Glitters

Yea !

They have been known to Salt the area though .
So other then Copper & Brass coins, I won't believe a Gold find from these

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I like, don't feel intimadated here, your theory is just as plausible as any of the others that I have heard / posted here, there is much to commend it. I personally have no idea who mgiht have buried it, but I do have a tongue in cheek on how.

Welcome aboard and keep poting my friend.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have not yet been 100% disproven like the oak island hoax has...
??? Please do not just say rubbish. The Laginas and there guests are doing enough of that..:laughing7:

To claim that this legend has been 100% disporven is just not true. Maybe in your mind this is the case. There was even evidence offered last series that treasure was removed from the pit.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Please do not just say rubbish. The Laginas and there guests are doing enough of that..:laughing7:

To claim that this legend has been 100% disporven is just not true. Maybe in your mind this is the case. There was even evidence offered last series that treasure was removed from the pit.

No evidence was provided at all.....just the meanderings of a supposed relative of the kids who originally made up the story. Please enlighten us with any, 100% verified evidence, that there was ever anything on oak island. Things like coconut fibers, rocks with etchings done for the show, features in rocks that are nothing yet the show highlights them with a graphic to make it appear something is there, etc., do not count.

Its so funny...the brothers brought in one of the most experienced divers in the business. He told them that there was NOTHING in 10x. Yet the brothers do not believe him (at least in the show's script) and want to send other divers into 10x. What a joke!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread