OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching episode 11, I did a little search on Marie Antoinette and Wiscassett, Maine. There have always been rumors that her furnishings arrived by ship in the Wiscassett area while she was imprisoned and some Americans worked to smuggle her and her possessions out of France. I read an old historical society paper on this and learned that a Mr Delano (any relation to FDR?) owned the land that the Cough house was on. The Clough House was the house where some speculate her furnishings may have ended up. It is located in Edgecomb, Maine which is just over the bridge from Wiscassett. The man who may have brought her property to the US did regular business in Paris. Here is a link to the historical society article. Isn't this fun! :icon_queen:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggoMAQ&usg=AFQjCNE0RZcvwKEnlSckwSj3pZwXEAtVRA
WHAT!!!! You mean her jewels are not on Oak Island... DAMMM I thought they has solved the mystery last episode...:laughing7:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Production Company...Says I am Scheduled!

Then there is little point in digging there then....Right!

For Me...Truth and Justice is more Important than Silver and Gold!

Silver and Gold.jpg
I believe they are scheduling me...Between the New Soon To Be Released Episodes:

Where the Sorcerer uses "Clairvoyance" to Conjure up the location of the Fanny Young Shaft.

See: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-2.html
Post # 23

And

The upcoming Episode where Barrick Gold Corporation finds out that Fools Gold has surpassed market value for Real Gold.
On This Episode they promise to level Oak Island.

See: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-10.html
Post # 137

Given the Chance...I Resolve to Solve this Mystery...Once and For All!

Stay Tuned...And Don't Touch That Dial!

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
They have only the right to dig where Dunfield did his mess. The government is in control !
Because no treasure here, only tourists.

money pit.jpg
How do you possibly find something valuable after this mess !

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have only the right to dig where Dunfield did his mess. The government is in control !

View attachment 1409113
Yep.. All you going to find is stuff that has been found before and not destroyed...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it would be like a buffet of logs, timbers, dirt, sand, stones and anything else that searchers have touched or used for the last 300 years?
Is that buffet really worth $7 mill?
Sign me up!

I will still watch tonight as I get a chuckle out of the bros, especially when Rick says he ain't done with something cause he believes something magical and historic is there. Yea, next he will say Peter Pan was on the island!!

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1409113

At least twice explosives have been lowered into shafts in the area of the 'Money Pit', and set off in order to seal off the 'flood tunnels'. Odds are that the Grail has been blown to smithereens.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it would be like a buffet of logs, timbers, dirt, sand, stones and anything else that searchers have touched or used for the last 300 years?
Is that buffet really worth $7 mill?
Sign me up!

I will still watch tonight as I get a chuckle out of the bros, especially when Rick says he ain't done with something cause he believes something magical and historic is there. Yea, next he will say Peter Pan was on the island!!
Please don't give them any ideas.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing I dislike about this show is that if they find something of significance and then proceed to make an outrageous claim (human bone in 10X, railroad spike in swamp), they'll only revisit it when the claim turns out to be correct. It's almost like the whole thing is being filmed live and editing does not exist to take out scenes where the impression is given that it's a deliberate misdirection. Either come back in the war room (or later episode) and state that the initial guess was incorrect, or just edit the segment out of the show. Ever since the Roman sword turned out to be a hoax, the show runners have decided to only report positive lab test findings. Now I'm beginning to think that they actually did test that cross the lady brought in last year, but decided not to share the information to keep the myth going.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please don't give them any ideas.

Rick emailed me and asked me to post it so he doesn't look so dumb on the show! :tongue3:

The thing I dislike about this show is that if they find something of significance and then proceed to make an outrageous claim (human bone in 10X, railroad spike in swamp), they'll only revisit it when the claim turns out to be correct. It's almost like the whole thing is being filmed live and editing does not exist to take out scenes where the impression is given that it's a deliberate misdirection. Either come back in the war room (or later episode) and state that the initial guess was incorrect, or just edit the segment out of the show. Ever since the Roman sword turned out to be a hoax, the show runners have decided to only report positive lab test findings. Now I'm beginning to think that they actually did test that cross the lady brought in last year, but decided not to share the information to keep the myth going.

I dont think this year they had the 6-12 month buffer from filming to on TV. In the episode when they scanned the C1 hole at the MP, they showed the guy with the hat on using the laptop. On the screen I could see Sep or Oct 18, 2016 and it was like Nov or Dec when the episode aired. Earlier seasons seemed to have a 1/2 to full year buffer from film to TV.

They like to throw out any and every idea on the show and only give it more air time if they have something to follow, be it a 700 mile trip to the library or a trip to KFC for chicken bones. If it is a dead end or not valid or proved to not fit in the show, they never mention it again.

Like tonight, they will be like WOW! Look at these box drains, never see or photographed before! Lets get Mary Hart from Etv and roll out the red carpet!

Last edited:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick emailed me and asked me to post it so he doesn't look so dumb on the show! :tongue3:

I dont think this year they had the 6-12 month buffer from filming to on TV. In the episode when they scanned the C1 hole at the MP, they showed the guy with the hat on using the laptop. On the screen I could see Sep or Oct 18, 2016 and it was like Nov or Dec when the episode aired. Earlier seasons seemed to have a 1/2 to full year buffer from film to TV.

They like to throw out any and every idea on the show and only give it more air time if they have something to follow, be it a 700 mile trip to the library or a trip to KFC for chicken bones. If it is a dead end or not valid or proved to not fit in the show, they never mention it again.

Like tonight, they will be like WOW! Look at these box drains, never see or photographed before! Lets get Mary Hart from Etv and roll out the red carpet!

Even though I agree that they don't have proper time to edit the show, they still seem to manage to have the narrator provide misinformation. I mean the guy probably already knew it was a chicken bone when he did the narration, but they still went ahead with the whole human bone angle. :)

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh my, he is soooo annoying!
What's that? Human remains at the bottom of 10x? Could this prove slaves were use to bury the Templar treasure?
Is this the proof Skybolt needs to keep watching the show?

I tried to watch with the volume down but that takes the fun out. Now I go in with a silly mindset (and a lil buzz) and have fun with my bud the narrator.
I crack up my son doing similar saying like he does and we both have a howl!

Have a drink or two before the show, get your narrator voice going and watch how much fun you can have going back and forth with him on the TV.
What's that? A lil lit and watching OI? Would the Templar's approve? Did he steal his shine from none other that Sam Ball?

:occasion14: and have a lil fun, not as good as Abbot and Costello but hey, who is!!!

Last edited:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's that? Human remains at the bottom of 10x? Could this prove slaves were use to bury the Templar treasure?

I tried to watch with the volume down but that takes the fun out. Now I go in with a silly mindset (and a lil buzz) and have fun with my bud the narrator.

Have a drink or two before the show, get your narrator voice going and watch how much fun you can have going back and forth with him on the TV.
What's that? A lil lit and watching OI? Would the Templar's approve? Did he steal his shine from none other that Sam Ball?

:occasion14: and have a lil fun, not as good as Abbot and Costello but hey, who is!!!

Trust me, I've been desensitized by this guy after watching 6 years of Ancient Aliens. "Aliens? In Chattanooga? Riding the choochoo train? Could this be? And if so, was Tennessee Tuxedo also from another world?"

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

Very far from Scott Wolter show ... What could be his budget for his show America Unearthed ?
And he makes the narration himself.
And the background music is excellent. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

The narrator makes an excellent job, he just read and give the script a life and an ambience

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another boring show tonight. I had my back to the TV working on the internet. I am not interesting seeing old wood, just old coins and jewels. Good hunting and good luck to the brothers.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why they are bothering to try to find the finger drains as they have been well established over the years. My guess is just to see them for themselves and for the TV audience as 90% of them probably have no history of knowledge of the story of Oak Island, and less then 1% of them are actually on a forum discussing it.. Also they need something to do while they are boring the next big hole in the ground and the "government official" can document their findings..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread