Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The mystery of Oak Island continues......lol

Notice how Archaeology is misspelled...... ARCHEOLOGY.......spelled JUST LIKE CACHEOLOGY

My guess is that Hutton has some problems spelling similar words the same, so as to attribute attention to them as if its a trusted and accepted science......lol

Sorry for so much alliteration.

Only one guy who claims to be hunting treasures and comes around waving a German and Israeli Flag on his website.....throwing out CUE CAT derails and battling with Ebays Best Roman Swords

Cacheology.....

The study of selling a cheap product that secretly harvests your data to be sold for marketing purposes

.....Cacheology...as in the FIRST SCAM OF ITS KIND made back in 2000....used to begin forming online records of your activities....

The one that happens to be the reason for the Urban Dictionary's term "Data Mining"......on a treasure hunting website....

Now you know who he is......he began bulk mailing his product to subscribers of Wired and Forbes for free

......so the rich and successful businessmen across the US would then "HOOK UP" their interests to databases for ol Hutton, to sell to the highest bidder, or to DATA MINE, to then pick and choose at a new career......in either investments or in technology.

I don't have a beef for Hutton, he's got his own rep without me, but

I do have a random quote on my desktop.....on a little notecard.....just as a reminder .....

" A Lie Is Most Conveniently Hidden Between Two Half Truths "
That was me who spelt the word incorrectly. Yea i cant spell the best..im not a walking dictionary.
To pick me on that is weak.
Sure its not the correct spelling mr grammar nazi. But its not gibberish and you can tell what im saying

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But can you crack his work thats the simple question

Dr. Christa Brosseau already did that:

Executive summary:
A metal sword was brought in for chemical testing during the summer of 2015. Objectives included determining if the sword was bronze or brass, and whether or not the chemical constituents could be ascertained, both qualitatively and quantitatively, in an effort to date the artifact. Both elemental and molecular testing was conducted. The chosen tests included scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS), confocal Raman microscopy and surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS). Multiple samples of both the patina, as well as the base metal were taken from the tip of the sword. A sample of the base metal was also taken from the hilt to test the alloy composition. Two samples of an “added layer”, present on the front of the hilt was also taken for analysis. After chemical testing and analysis, the results conclude that this object represents a modern leaded brass with an artificial patina with a likely earliest manufacture date of ~1880 AD. The added layer is a lead oxide putty, applied for an unknown reason.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ENOUGH WITH THE SWORD AND HUTTON!

If you guys want to fight over him and call each other name can you start a new thread to do it in? This is a SEASON 4 thread. That whole thing was Season 2.

Now let's get back to where on the island is the bloody Arc!!!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ENOUGH WITH THE SWORD AND HUTTON!

If you guys want to fight over him and call each other name can you start a new thread to do it in? This is a SEASON 4 thread. That whole thing was Season 2.

Now let's get back to where on the island is the bloody Arc!!!

IMHO, the Ark was hidden in Nebuchadnezzar's closet sometime around 607BCE!

Cheers, Loki

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good one Loki!

So to move this along, lets talk about Jack Begley. Has anyone notice how he has been getting a lot of action in the last few shows? He is getting more air time, more jobs and duties and he is in the discussions a lot more. I think the bro's are having him ask the dumb questions so they don't look like tards... he has that lil boy innocence to his voice.

Doesn't that mean there could be more tunnels? And they could lead to treasure, right?
Isn't this what they described right before finding the flood tunnels? Layers on layers?

If you watch the show, not sure if anyone on this thread does, pay attention to Jack's lines and see if you get what I mean.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dr. Christa Brosseau already did that:

Executive summary:
A metal sword was brought in for chemical testing during the summer of 2015. Objectives included determining if the sword was bronze or brass, and whether or not the chemical constituents could be ascertained, both qualitatively and quantitatively, in an effort to date the artifact. Both elemental and molecular testing was conducted. The chosen tests included scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS), confocal Raman microscopy and surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS). Multiple samples of both the patina, as well as the base metal were taken from the tip of the sword. A sample of the base metal was also taken from the hilt to test the alloy composition. Two samples of an “added layer”, present on the front of the hilt was also taken for analysis. After chemical testing and analysis, the results conclude that this object represents a modern leaded brass with an artificial patina with a likely earliest manufacture date of ~1880 AD. The added layer is a lead oxide putty, applied for an unknown reason.
Again straight with the sword. Ill even like that for effort

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good one Loki!

So to move this along, lets talk about Jack Begley. Has anyone notice how he has been getting a lot of action in the last few shows? He is getting more air time, more jobs and duties and he is in the discussions a lot more. I think the bro's are having him ask the dumb questions so they don't look like tards... he has that lil boy innocence to his voice.

Doesn't that mean there could be more tunnels? And they could lead to treasure, right?
Isn't this what they described right before finding the flood tunnels? Layers on layers?

If you watch the show, not sure if anyone on this thread does, pay attention to Jack's lines and see if you get what I mean.
I still love watching him get around with his detector finding iron and calling it precious metal. Lmao that **** cracks me up. I would havr thought gary might have given him some decent lessons while he was there.
I even put that question to gary himself. But he chose not to answer lol

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jake Begley claims to be a Volunteer for No Pay......

All that money and they take the crew and make them work for nothing......not even allowing direction.....wow.....

Shows on film the way their hierarchy works......

Boatbitch.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still love watching him get around with his detector finding iron and calling it precious metal. Lmao that **** cracks me up. I would havr thought gary might have given him some decent lessons while he was there.
I even put that question to gary himself. But he chose not to answer lol

Can you ask Gary if he really believes the line about that RR spike coming from an old Spanish ship?
Not sure how he said that with a straight face. If we could see the bloopers reel we would have seen "Take 145 RR Spike.... ACTION!"

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jake Begley claims to be a Volunteer for No Pay......

All that money and they take the crew and make them work for nothing......not even allowing direction.....wow.....

Shows on film the way their hierarchy works......

View attachment 1411818

I see info that says he is a Producer for the show. His name are on the credits at the end, well just about everyone from the show is. I will freeze frame and see what it says for his name. Hard to believe you would waste your summers in a swamp for nothing... but if he was an "intern" that could be different. A step son intern!!!! Hmmmm.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can you ask Gary if he really believes the line about that RR spike coming from an old Spanish ship?
Not sure how he said that with a straight face. If we could see the bloopers reel we would have seen "Take 145 RR Spike.... ACTION!"
Yea there is alot of that going around and i have noticed an absence of gary on social media since then. Could be connected. Not saying that gary is paid by the program. He could be im not sure.
But if someone was paying you decent money to say something on camera. You most likely would. Depending on the amount of course lol. I would

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea there is alot of that going around and i have noticed an absence of gary on social media since then. Could be connected. Not saying that gary is paid by the program. He could be im not sure.
But if someone was paying you decent money to say something on camera. You most likely would. Depending on the amount of course lol. I would

Ahhh, what would you do for $$$$! It can ruin a person. If he did it for the cash, I bet he is ashamed and in hiding waiting for it to blow over.
Some have mentioned he is very respectable and a hell of a detector. Hope this didn't tarnish his rep. He has found more coins on the island that anyone sitting in the War Room, that's for sure.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All jokes a side..but are you able dis prove or dis credit his research. Sure you can dis credit a man. Bring up his failings. Call him a crook. A fraud or a fake. But can you dis prove him. Even when he pulls out documents that have been recorded and stored on nova scotia public record. Found on and in nova scotia and canadian archives. Nova scotia department of natural resources. Spoken and interviewed every native cheif or elder in Nova Scotia.

But what Philyaw/Hutton fails to take into account is that Martians also speak Latin and carry bronze swords.

Can you prove they don't?

No.

Because you can't prove a negative outcome. Proof is evidence, and no evidence = no proof. It is the burden of the extraordinary claim maker to produce the extraordinary evidence. Even if he did interview all senior members of the Native Council of Nova Scotia ("every chief and elder in Nova Scotia"). Uh Huh.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ahhh, what would you do for $$$$! It can ruin a person. If he did it for the cash, I bet he is ashamed and in hiding waiting for it to blow over.
Some have mentioned he is very respectable and a hell of a detector. Hope this didn't tarnish his rep. He has found more coins on the island that anyone sitting in the War Room, that's for sure.
I agree. I have no clue to this. Its only a guess. But its a possiblilty. I mean it would also be Oak Island mentality. Like.
Your on an island with so much going on. So much rumour so much speculation of a great treasure buried. That he may have just blurted out the first thing that came to mind when he dug it. And if thats the case its as simple as a misinterpretation while on the Oak Island buzz which was caught on camera. Or he got a pay day.
It also kind of reflect the last ep of season 3. The mcginnus clan and there gold cross that was found to be in a old catalogue. To which the brothers said we must follow this up and havne heard boo since. Another camera pay day?
But my biggest hats off to gary regardless. He is a hell of a detectorist and an excellent treasure hunter at his craft

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But what Philyaw/Hutton fails to take into account is that Martians also speak Latin and carry bronze swords.

Can you prove they don't?

No.

Because you can't prove a negative outcome. Proof is evidence, and no evidence = no proof. It is the burden of the extraordinary claim maker to produce the extraordinary evidence. Even if he did interview all senior members of the Native Council of Nova Scotia ("every chief and elder in Nova Scotia"). Uh Huh.
Yes but if he produces the writen proof that is held in the local archives and records which is the writen documents he is providing and sharing. As well as documented artifacts found in areas. Recorded carvings and petroglyphs.

As he says. If these 100s of years old petroglyphs are carved. The native elders will tell you the ancients did them and its passed down through generations of spoken history. The academics come in and say they are modern and the natives done them. Then the political researcher comes in and says that oh they where only first documented 50 years ago. So there not any older then that.

Which one makes more sense?
The natives that have been there for over 8000 years.
The academics who have been there for what 200 year? Im not sure on that one.
Or the researcher only going off the paper trail.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mi'kmaq Indian traditional wear and Scythians
FB_IMG_1486506213030.jpg FB_IMG_1486506226593.jpg

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hutton must be a real busy man talking to all the Mi'kmaq elders. I guess I'll sit by my phone and wait for his call. Maybe , since you seem to know him so well, you can explain his apparent dislike of Nova Scotia and its people. Its not healthy .

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hutton must be a real busy man talking to all the Mi'kmaq elders. I guess I'll sit by my phone and wait for his call. Maybe , since you seem to know him so well, you can explain his apparent dislike of Nova Scotia and its people. Its not healthy .
Could you explain to me why it is the natives do not and will not set foot on Oak Island and im talking before the show before the hunt.
I guess his un healthy relationship comes down to. He deeply appreciates and admires the history of the place. In his own words on his live broadcast. Nova scotia needs to wake up. Its history is so important that it could rival the egyptions.
Those are his words.
Does that sound like a giy with a chip on his shoulder.
No the chip on his shoulder is people that come out at him shutting him down.

Look im from Aus. Im no american. No canadian. But if someone wants to come out and say you have something special here. I can appreciate that.
To me the bloke makes sense. Sure he could go about it different ways. But that doesnt get people talking. Get people invested. Its even great for the show as it spurs people up and gets them to talk and discuss just like we all are right here.

The same thing happens right here in my own backyard. The spanish and dutch where here in Aus well before the english. But it is completely dismissed by the Gov and mainstream.
So i can understand the guys frustration.
But no i do not know him personally. I am merley just a follower on social media that can see the points that he is making.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could you explain to me why it is the natives do not and will not set foot on Oak Island and im talking before the show before the hunt.
I guess his un healthy relationship comes down to. He deeply appreciates and admires the history of the place. In his own words on his live broadcast. Nova scotia needs to wake up. Its history is so important that it could rival the egyptions.
Those are his words.
Does that sound like a giy with a chip on his shoulder.
No the chip on his shoulder is people that come out at him shutting him down.

Look im from Aus. Im no american. No canadian. But if someone wants to come out and say you have something special here. I can appreciate that.
To me the bloke makes sense. Sure he could go about it different ways. But that doesnt get people talking. Get people invested. Its even great for the show as it spurs people up and gets them to talk and discuss just like we all are right here.

The same thing happens right here in my own backyard. The spanish and dutch where here in Aus well before the english. But it is completely dismissed by the Gov and mainstream.
So i can understand the guys frustration.
But no i do not know him personally. I am merley just a follower on social media that can see the points that he is making.

I agree with you. There is tons of hidden history in Nova Scotia and the academics are not the most open people. However if Hutton is serious about his research he should lay off the animosity. As a Nova Scotian of Mi'kmaq blood he's doing himself no favours. A lot of people around here have access to and know things that would enhance his research. But its going to remain hidden because of people like Hutton. He just needs to show a little civility and perhaps he may find what he's looking for.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree with you. There is tons of hidden history in Nova Scotia and the academics are not the most open people. However if Hutton is serious about his research he should lay off the animosity. As a Nova Scotian of Mi'kmaq blood he's doing himself no favours. A lot of people around here have access to and know things that would enhance his research. But its going to remain hidden because of people like Hutton. He just needs to show a little civility and perhaps he may find what he's looking for.
I will agree. But you can see his frustration at being attacked all the time. Its going to cause easy outbursts. But on the positive side. Im happy to know you can understand his stand point. To which i am sure there is a great wealth of knowledge there. Oak Island is only one small spot in a greater picture

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread