Season 4

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will agree. But you can see his frustration at being attacked all the time. Its going to cause easy outbursts. But on the positive side. Im happy to know you can understand his stand point. To which i am sure there is a great wealth of knowledge there. Oak Island is only one small spot in a greater picture

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes I understand his frustrations and I don't judge people by their past follies. Everyone has a demon or two somewhere in their background. I have to admit he is persistent though. I really hope he finds his dream.

ArkhamB

Greenie
Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They treat the audience pretty bad. The "helpful" man that tells us everything we have forgotten in the add break and assumes every episode is the first anyone has ever watched so retells everything that has happened in the last four seasons... Never tells us anything of much use..

Very frustrating..

Thanks for the reply Gazz...

I got really frustrated last week because it felt like the worst episode ever cause there was no progress.

At this point I don't think anything is there BUT...

The way they are going about boring these 8 foot(?) wide circles doesn't rule out anything. They should've looked at all the old photos and took an area maybe 100' wide x 100' long and dug it out. Put the dirt in a dry separator and see what they get.

I can't believe they are spending all this money, and not doing an exhaustive search.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea there is alot of that going around and i have noticed an absence of gary on social media since then. Could be connected. Not saying that gary is paid by the program. He could be im not sure.
But if someone was paying you decent money to say something on camera. You most likely would. Depending on the amount of course lol. I would
All associated with the show sign a non disclosure agreement (do not know how long it is for) - I would guess just until the end of the season. This was the case with the descendants and the cross and other artifacts claimed to come from the pit..

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same thing happens right here in my own backyard. The spanish and dutch where here in Aus well before the english. But it is completely dismissed by the Gov and mainstream.
This is just not true.. The government do not dismiss early evidence of other Australian contact. This is covered in high school Australian History classes (Ex history teacher here). What are you basing this claim on? Please do not just make things up..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_exploration_of_Australia

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will agree. But you can see his frustration at being attacked all the time. Its going to cause easy outbursts. But on the positive side. Im happy to know you can understand his stand point. To which i am sure there is a great wealth of knowledge there. Oak Island is only one small spot in a greater picture
He misleads people.. In the earlier referenced article he claims he knows the location of the Roman ship that sunk

“The shipwreck is still there and has not been worked,” said Pulitzer. “We have scanned it, we know exactly where it lays, but it will be a touchy thing for the Nova Scotia government to allow an archaeological team to survey it. We know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is Roman. "
Startling new report on Oak Island could ?rewrite history? of the Americas - Boston Standard

This article is from 2015. There is still no photos, no artifacts, no evidence at all of this alleged wreck. It is complete rubbish to claim the Government is stopping them for over two years even photographing the sunk ship. If he was telling the truth he could easily prove it. Take an archeological team or a film crew and get some evidence. The fact that he hasn't shows the claim is not true.

I also would like this thread to get back to season 4 and not just go on about Hutton. He just makes things up...

Last edited:

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
He misleads people.. In the earlier referenced article he claims he knows the location of the Roman ship that sunk

Startling new report on Oak Island could ?rewrite history? of the Americas - Boston Standard

This article is from 2015. There is still no photos, no artifacts, no evidence at all of this alleged wreck. It is complete rubbish to claim the Government is stopping them for over two years even photographing the sunk ship. If he was telling the truth he could easily prove it. Take an archeological team or a film crew and get some evidence. The fact that he hasn't shows the claim is not true.

I also would like this thread to get back to season 4 and not just go on about Hutton. He just makes things up...
Ship wreck explorarion is against the law in canada. Only 2 permints to explore have ever been issued

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is just not true.. The government do not dismiss early evidence of other Australian contact. This is covered in high school Australian History classes (Ex history teacher here). What are you basing this claim on? Please do not just make things up..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_exploration_of_Australia
Cooks discovery of the east coast..
The dutch discovered s.a w.a n.t and qld.
Arnem land is named after a dutch vessel. It was called new holland.
Cook once left tahiti was told to open hos letter from the crown with the heading details inside the letter. How would he have had the heading details handed to him if no one had been here before.
When he landed the local aboriginals fled the white man. Why because they had encouted them before.
Yes some is taught. But you have to take extra classes to get this information. It should be taught first and foremost. But thats a totally different topic

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ship wreck explorarion is against the law in canada. Only 2 permints to explore have ever been issued
Please start a Hutton thread if you wish to discuss him

There is no law stopping shipwrecks being photographed

ie quick Google search

Explorers discover 150-year-old Canadian sloop shipwrecked in the Great Lakes of New York | Daily Mail Online
Arctic Shipwreck Found After 170 Years, Solving "Great Mystery"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shipwrecks_of_Canada

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes some is taught. But you have to take extra classes to get this information. It should be taught first and foremost. But thats a totally different topic
That is just not true. I taught Australian history.. The early contacts are taught at school. What are you basing your claim on? Did you ever study Australian history?

Never mind I am not interested..

Please start another thread called Hutton theories or something if you wish to continue to discuss him. This thread is about season 4 and not Hutton.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That is just not true. I taught Australian history.. The early contacts are taught at school. What are you basing your claim on? Did you ever study Australian history?

Never mind I am not interested..

Please start another thread called Hutton theories or something if you wish to continue to discuss him. This thread is about season 4 and not Hutton.
My high school experience. No such thing was mentioned. No information on the figures on our bank notes and coins. But we did learn a hell of alot about the minoans

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again you are seeking to mislead

Only two were issued last year.
From you referenced article - That is two last year With absolutely no reference to how many were applied for last year. For all we know only 2 were applied for. The article does not say permits are not given

Shipwrecks will be lost warns private operator

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My high school experience. No such thing was mentioned. No information on the figures on our bank notes and coins. But we did learn a hell of alot about the minoans
This may be the case.. But that is to do with your school NOT the government hiding information.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Once again you are seeking to mislead

From you referenced article - That is two last year With absolutely no reference to how many were applied for last year. For all we know only 2 were applied for. The article does not say permits are not given

Shipwrecks will be lost warns private operator
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-10.15/page-18.html#h-90

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/docs/r/pfa-fap/notes.aspx

So you can find a wreck and log a form. But then that has to be checked against the treasure trove act. Its not listed as such but they go hand in hand.
You may be right. I may be wrong. But like you said. This is about season 4

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nova Scotia is the only province to have a treasure trove act; but even the holder of a licence under the N.S. Treasure Trove Act must obtain various forms of permission, report finds, etc.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened on tonight's episode? I'm not going to watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread