vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
angry_greg_head_explode_big.gif
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP! I want to believe everything that is happening on the show - don't ruin it for me!:laughing7:

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are having an awful hard time filling an hour, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya'll are killing me with all the *****ing moaning about the show yet you still watch it. DO you really want to watch them drive over to the boat, get out figure out how to put it in the truck, drive it down to the swamp, unload it, drag it to the water, get in it. Mean time we cut over to diver driving up, say hi, shake hands, go over plans for the day, get undressed, get diving suit on, test all equipment. orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, watch them spend a couple of hours clearing off the area to pour gravel for the cranes to sit on, watch truck after truck dump gravel as someone spreads it out and packs it down. Those two items would be all you see for about 5-6 episodes at 42 minutes each... Just something to think about with how the film is cut and shown.. I'm sure there is a whole lot of standing around waiting for this that or the other to happen before anything meaning can begin. Do you really want to watch that??

I don't like The Simpsons so I don't watch it. No way I'm going to watch it just so I can go to the forums to B&^%$ and moan about it... Got better things to do with my time...

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya'll are killing me with all the *****ing moaning about the show yet you still watch it. DO you really want to watch them drive over to the boat, get out figure out how to put it in the truck, drive it down to the swamp, unload it, drag it to the water, get in it. Mean time we cut over to diver driving up, say hi, shake hands, go over plans for the day, get undressed, get diving suit on, test all equipment. orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, watch them spend a couple of hours clearing off the area to pour gravel for the cranes to sit on, watch truck after truck dump gravel as someone spreads it out and packs it down. Those two items would be all you see for about 5-6 episodes at 42 minutes each... Just something to think about with how the film is cut and shown.. I'm sure there is a whole lot of standing around waiting for this that or the other to happen before anything meaning can begin. Do you really want to watch that??

I don't like The Simpsons so I don't watch it. No way I'm going to watch it just so I can go to the forums to B&^%$ and moan about it... Got better things to do with my time...

Well First off the already Filmed the Whole season.
If what they Showed Last Time was the Best footage they can come up with,
Yes I'm probably wasting my Time.

I get more excitement watching Paint dry.
However My Guess, they have 15 Minutes of worthwhile footage they are trying to
spread out over the season. :(

as I said many times, I watch the show for the treasure Hunting.

I do hate the Fluff pieces talking to & fawning over the Old Ladies & Dan B.
being most of what they say can't be believed.
most of the people their age (90's) that I've known were big B.S.'rs
& / or senile. (2nd. or 3rd. Childhoods) maybe not all , But most.
Enough to doubt all. & Figure I'll be like that if I reach the 90's :laughing9:
But I feel I have to watch for the small clips,
Just hoping they will find another cool Coin or relic & share it,
before the end of the season.

The Complaining will stop when the editors do their jobs properly :laughing7:

& Yes I'd sit & enjoy watching them Work for 30 Minutes between commercials

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
secret.gif
Please - don't tell anyone but my "sources" say they found a Garrett AT PRO at the bottom of the money pit! Go figure! :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm confident they will find pieces of trees from all the times of Backfiling

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Announcer:

"Trees?"

"On Oak Island?"

"And if so, could they have been ancient Templer alien trees with hooked exes?"

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And no matter what is found there will always be the speculation that they should have just gone two feet deeper, or dug 10 feet to one side, or looked at some site nearby where two rocks were in perfect alignment with each other and a piece of shell found nearby had an uneven "X" scratched on it's side.

But the network is eating this up. They're selling commercials and burning airtime at the cost of a camera crew. I see from the commercial they will be sinking a cassion. How will they determine where to place that? The location of the original pit is unknown. And 10X is just hogwash (as a remote TV survey probe with 10 bar rating will do 100M depth and would have shown day one for a couple hundred dollars of rented equipment). But where would have been the fun in that?

This.....and due to the known fact that the cypher stone HAS NEVER been proven to exist (a made up tale when one of the early excavating companies was running out of money and trying to generate new interest in the hole), last night's episode proves that there is a written script to follow in an attempt to fill up the time slot. The show has reached the same level as the "Mystery of the Superstition Mountains" from a couple of years ago.

Its also fascinating that in last night's show, they should a photo of the finger tunnel area complete dug away with nothing there...then they apply ground radar...find an "anomaly" then decide to report back to hq to see if they are going to dig up the area yet again.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
due to the known fact that the cypher stone HAS NEVER been proven to exist...
This is not correct. There is ample evidence that a stone with markings was removed from the pit. The is substantial documentary evidence of eye witness reports of the stone... What is not known is if the reports of the carvings are accurate and the symbols we have today were they the actual symbols on the stone.

SSW you seem to hate oak island with a religious fervor.. Just because the show would be a great 3 hour mini series that has been turned into a four season drudge does not make the facts of what they are investigating any less interesting. Do not confuse the investigation of the legend with the poor TV of dragging out the limited information they have. Oak island does have a fascinating history worthy of full investigation.

Of course they are now wasting History channel and their sponsors money rather then there own. So what?

Back to the show. The seemed to suggest the drilling should happen quite quickly now. The attempt to see if they actually found chapel's vault seem to be a positive step. I can see the logic of the method they have chosen to dig. It does seem to solve the flooding problem. The problem of course is they have no way of knowing if they are digging in the actual site of the pit...

Fingers crossed they are.

One final thing SSW it is not because "we believe" that oak island has 'Noah's ark' or even 'the ark of the covenant' buried there it is because there is a mystery there and it is interesting to see people trying to solve it. It is not like the telly is full of riveting other things to watch. I really do not understand why you watch and participate here if you are so angry about the show. You seem totally convinced that the whole legend is a con job that been going on for hundreds of years and the rest of us are to stupid to see what is obvious to you. If this was true then the show is even more valid... the brothers are likely to prove you correct. You should be happy with this....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1 plank found is way older then any used by someone who is still alive or has kids still alive... The plank was a few hundred years old.. If it was something her dad bought and used it would only be what, 50-70 years old or so...
Yep sure... But what I do not understand is why there is not more 'junk' in the swamp. It is pretty obvious that multiple people have been investigating in there and the amount of stuff they have found is tiny.. Like the metal detecting only 3 pieces of metal in the whole swamp. 1 old coin, one survey peg and one other metal hit that is most likely something dropped by a previous treasure hunter... It is amazing that heaps of rubbish has not been washed/dumped into the swamp over the years....

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The filming stop for this season, and they did not find any treasures, or it would be in the news. Boring show watching men looking for a rock with writing that may not be real.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boring show watching men looking for a rock with writing that may not be real.
This I think highlights the worst thing about the last episode. They had interesting things to show and showed us people going to look for things they knew were not there... Digging the pit is what we want to see. Therefore seeing the process of a professional team turn that unstable ground into a platform that can hold 400 tones + of heavy machinery operating would of been interesting. Ie how much foundation was needed and why etc. They showed us nothing of that process. We just got to see the machines arriving on prepared ground. Why wasn't the episode showing us the interesting stuff.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This I think highlights the worst thing about the last episode. They had interesting things to show and showed us people going to look for things they knew were not there... Digging the pit is what we want to see. Therefore seeing the process of a professional team turn that unstable ground into a platform that can hold 400 tones + of heavy machinery operating would of been interesting. Ie how much foundation was needed and why etc. They showed us nothing of that process. We just got to see the machines arriving on prepared ground. Why wasn't the episode showing us the interesting stuff.....

Very well Put :thumbsup:

if the show were Live , the trip to town would have made sense.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jef, ya posted --- most of the people their age (90's) that I've known were big B.S.'rs

But Jeff, ] am 93 sniff :tongue3::laughing7::coffee2::coffee2:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You might have liked a show showing all the details of making that pad but it would have been a boring show and no treasure hunting or fact finding at all with it so all these other guys on here would have fallen out and B&^%$ and moaned about that for the next week.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jef, ya posted --- most of the people their age (90's) that I've known were big B.S.'rs

But Jeff, ] am 93 sniff :tongue3::laughing7::coffee2::coffee2:

I left room For you buddy ! I said "Most" not all :coffee2:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
The casing oscillator:

and a real one in action:

or

This will take a long time ... and a season 5 ???

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread