Oak Island, what would you do?

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Sasquash naked, on Oak Island? Could this be....?

Doze it flat and sell the dirt on Ebay by the bucket full as "Authentic Oak Island Treasure Dirt" and let people look for their own dang treasure...Full guaranty to contain at least one wood chip, metal button, rusty nail, or dixie cup

Disclaimer: Results may vary, guaranty void if sifted, garden troweled, or contents tampered with in any way

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I would dig a 50x50x200 foot pit and that would be the end of it. Analyze all man made materials, determine their true date and that would be that. End of the Oak Island..whatever you wanna call it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
They didn't do it for the money. Both are well off and 1 of them is VERY well off. Regulations keep them and you from doing what they'd/you would really like to do on the island. If you could just clear cut and excavate everywhere, that is the only way to completely answer everyones questions/theory. Other then that, I like the idea of pumping the holes they have now dry ( if possible ) and going down in them to see what you see. Freeze the ground and do some digging from there. Again if that is possible..

Yup. It's not that a treasure isn't most certainly there. It's that govt. regulations that any construction project must follow (for big quarry operations, etc...) prohibit them from employing grander more extensive wider and deeper efforts.

Kind of reminds me of the 2 clowns shown on the news a few years ago. Who believed they'd found the location of a CW era treasure, that was buried in the grave of a CW soldier located in historical memorial cemetery. (Doesn't this sound like the plot of a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti western movie ? :icon_scratch: ). They sought govt. permission (the state or national park in which this CW memorial marker park thing was located) to dig up the treasure. Naturally, the govt. said "no".

The funny thing was, the guys being interviewed about their being "thwarted" by this govt. intrusion, simply became ALL THE MORE CONVINCED a treasure was there. I guess in their mind's eyes, the govt. meddling to keep the treasure from being found, or that the govt. was going to be sinister now and "go get it on their own in secret", or something.

Nevermind that NO ONE can ever get permission to go "treasure hunt" in national parks and the like. Heck, even an md'r (digging little teensy holes for singular coins) will be told "no". So it's not a conspiracy, or hush job, or any type of acknowledgement that anything's even there.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
New…Must Watch TV Series!

Promiscuous Entertainment is producing a new reality TV Series for this Fall called:

"The Critics of Oak Island"

The Critics of Oak Island poster.jpg
Several Hundred Viewers Must Die before this Treasure... Will Ever Be Revealed

Critics from around the World will be brought to the island to demonstrate their “Un Believable” Theories.

The Producers emphasize that pertaining to Canadian Law…No Treasure Hunting to solve this mystery will actually be taking place.

The Series will consist of 6 Episodes:

Episode One…The Viking Long Boat

In this episode, Skeptics with the help of the cast from “Vikings” will construct and demonstrate how a 100 foot Viking Long Boat can be heaved up and dropped into a 100 foot hole on the island.

Afterwards they will discuss and solve the questions these Vikings asked themselves:

Who’s bright Idea was this? and… Now that we have buried our only boat, How do we get off this island?

Episode Two… Gold is Found…I Think?

Here Critics will scoop the sand for Pyrite and then debate their question…I don’t understand this?...They took boat loads out of Nunavut and it is just 3000 kilometers away.

Afterwards the Lehman Brothers will be selling Fool’s Gold Certificates to add to your Gold Bullion Portfolio.

Episode Three… Real Estate Bubble

In this Episode, Skeptics will present how the Government of Canada promoted land development in the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] Century to Settlers.

Offering secluded ocean view lots surrounded by wildlife and unfriendly natives on the promises of reaping massive profits in a quarter Century with the resale of your property to Americans.

Episode Four…Tar Kiln

Critics show how to gather old washed up shoes and rubber boots found along the shore and melt these down into tar.

At the same time a demonstration of chicken plucking will be performed.

These two ingredients were very much sought after by early Settlers and Investors to exchange with Treasure Promoters.

Episode Five…Fish Drying

In this Episode, Skeptics gather dead and decaying fish from the beach, piling them in a heap to dry.
Later a Fish Fry is cooked for all to enjoy.

Episode Six…Coconut and Salt Production

Critics will husk Coconuts for Fiber and sift the sand for Salt, proving the abundance of these commodities on the island.

Afterwards Dave Blankenship will be serving Coco Loco drinks and salt rimmed Margaritas.

All and All the Producers are promising a Fun Filled Hour of entertainment consisting of 15 minutes show, 15 minutes commentaries and 30 minutes of excitingly packed commercials.

They also state this show will be Viewer Friendly with No Use of the “F” Word thus preventing the sensitive ears of any Critic hearing the truth about the Freemasons…Oh My I said that word, quick... Censor, Edit, Delete.

Hands over Ears.jpg

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Promiscuous Entertainment is producing a new reality TV Series for this Fall called:

"The Critics of Oak Island"

View attachment 1400568
Several Hundred Viewers Must Die before this Treasure... Will Ever Be Revealed

Critics from around the World will be brought to the island to demonstrate their “Un Believable” Theories.

The Producers emphasize that pertaining to Canadian Law…No Treasure Hunting to solve this mystery will actually be taking place.

The Series will consist of 6 Episodes:

Episode One…The Viking Long Boat

In this episode, Skeptics with the help of the cast from “Vikings” will construct and demonstrate how a 100 foot Viking Long Boat can be heaved up and dropped in a 100 foot hole on the island.

Afterwards they will discuss and solve the questions these Vikings asked themselves:

Who’s bright Idea was this? and… Now that we have buried our only boat, How are we going to get off this island?

Episode Two… Gold is Found…I Think?

Here Critics will scoop the sand for Pyrite and then debate their question…I don’t understand this?...They took boat loads out of Nunavut and it is just 3000 miles away.

Afterwards the Lehman Brothers will be selling Fool’s Gold Certificates to add to your Gold Bullion Portfolio.

Episode Three… Real Estate Bubble

In this Episode, Skeptics will present how the Government of Canada promoted land development in the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] Century to Settlers.

Offering secluded ocean view lots surrounded by wildlife and unfriendly natives on the promises of reaping massive profits in a quarter Century with the resale of your property to Americans.

Episode Four…Tar Kiln

Critics show how to gather old washed up shoes and rubber boats found along the shore and melt these down into tar.

At the same time a demonstration of chicken plucking will be performed.

These two ingredients were very much sought after by early Settlers and Investors to exchange with Treasure Promoters.

Episode Five…Fish Drying

In this Episode, Skeptics gather dead and decaying fish from the beach, piling them in a heap to dry.
Later a Fish Fry is cooked for all to enjoy.

Episode Six…Coconut and Salt Production

Critics will husk Coconuts for Fiber and sift the sand for Salt, proving the abundance of these commodities on the island.

Afterwards Dan Blankenship will be serving Coco Loco drinks and salt rimmed Margaritas.

All and All the Producers are promising a Fun Filled Hour of entertainment consisting of 15 minutes show, 15 minutes commentaries and 30 minutes of excitingly packed commercials.

They also state this show will be Viewer Friendly with No Use of the “F” Word thus preventing the sensitive ears of any Critic hearing the truth about the Freemasons…Oh My I said that word, quick... Censor, Edit, Delete.

View attachment 1400569

I want season 2 :hello2:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robot....

Funny...and the most realistic thing you've said yet...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
And now my stomach hurts from laughter. You guys are killing it in this thread. :laughing7:

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... If you had control of things as the Lagina brothers currently do, how would you go about solving this mystery? I am most interested in specifics about your plan of action. Assuming you had lots of time to spend and you had 100k? What about 500k or 1 million or more to devote to the project? Thank you for your opinions?

I’d do what I’ve been unable to achieve in over 30 years - I’d test out my reconstructed ground plan by mapping it out on the ground and seeing if it reveals any additional ground features or survey markers where I think there might be some. I’d also compare my plan with Fred Nolan’s survey plans and maps.

My reconstruction incorporates a triangular geometrical swamp. I’d check this out (without removing any stakes). I’d also check the distance between Cone C of Nolan’s Cross and the drilled rock just offshore at Joudrey’s Cove to see if the distance and bearing matches what is on my plan. I’d investigate the three piles of stones at the edge of Nolan’s land (the Pirate Stones Triangle.)

At some stage, I’d get in touch with anybody with a proposal that was rejected unseen. or unchecked, by Dan Blankenship, David Tobias, Fred Nolan or Rick and Marty. I’d then see if anything could be done to check out the most promising hypotheses.

I’d try to overcome my dislike of theories that declare who was responsible without knowing what was buried Furthermore, I’d avoid the Money Pit and Borehole 10X like the plague. However, I’d spend some money trying to identify whether the water from the fan drains at Smith’s Cove fed into a Sump Hole.

At some point, I would try to get permission to probe for buried stones at key points, and expose them if at all possible. There are also sixteen truly key points at which I’d like to remove the turf to determine if there are signs of previous excavations or post pipes.

I’d try to avoid Dan Blankenship, but Dave’s honesty and enthusiasm appeal to me, so I’d try to get him on my team, which would call upon surveyors and archaeologists for help.

Without additional funding, I imagine my money would soon run out, but I’d be fully open and publish my findings.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did they find that metal detector 'expert'? Is he there for comedy relief only? Embarrassing to say the least.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody wants to give Gary a hard time, but he makes a living doing what he loves, Metal Detecting, giving lessons, and writing books on metal detecting. I'd imagine he does well for himself and being on shows like this helps to pay for his searching adventures.. I'm sure most people on here would like to do what he does compared to their typical 9-5 job... Got to keep in mind, it is a TV Show and parts of it are scripted to make itinteresting to viewers.. Price you have to pay to not wake up and go to that typical job each day...

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stay away from the swamp.

I believe the swamp was used as a crud graving dock for ether taking apart a ship for wood timbers to shore up the money pit and other tunnels on the island.

Or for repairing ships by the original people hiding treasure on the island.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Q: Oak Island, what would you do?

A: Bury fake Templar artifacts all over the island, pretend to find a hidden vault, start a TV show and bilk people out of $$$!

Wait, its already been/being done. :tongue3: :laughing7:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't wait for the fake confederate relics on the new show.

Yea, the preview looks REAL interesting! I wanna waste more time with a Lagina.
Looks like Marty is only there as an investor? Wake me when they find it...zzz...zzz...zzz

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A civil war artillery short sword looks just like a roman sword, they can recycle the fake roman sword and save money

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get more metal detectors... how stupid. One expert that only digs what he thinks is good. Anything could be a lead.. Expert. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread